Ultimate Spider-Man #109... SPOILERS

I hate when issue threads start going on about artists. It's almost off-topic. Immonen sucks ***. If you don't like USM, he's not gonna save it so relax.

I really should read Nextwave though.

It's on my LIST. Did anyone notice that in the tatoo scene of UFF vol 2 the dragon tat shines through his hair? I lost all faith in him after that.

Last edited:
I like the direction this arc is going. Sorry I can't help it I like USM. My loyalty severely wavered during the clone saga, but this arc is beginning to restore my faith.

That said, I still like UXM better:p

Last edited:
I like the direction this arc is going. Sorry I can't help it I like USM. My loyalty severely wavered during the clone saga, but this arc is beginning to restore my faith.

That said, I still like UXM better:p

I agree with this post in its entirity.

(except my faith wavered for about 30 issues, and it's still a little shaky)

I agree with this post in its entirity.

(except my faith wavered for about 30 issues, and it's still a little shaky)

Yeah, there have been other arcs that were painful to read... (Carnage, Morbius) :shudder:

But none actually made me contemplate dropping the title like the clone saga. The last thing I want to go through is another Scarlet Spidey situation... (Which made me drop the 616 Spidey books years ago...)

Last edited:
I really didn't hate this that much. It was better than most of the arc so far. I liked Kingpin whacking Peter with the action figure just to taunt him. Kingpin "owning" Spider-Man is also a good story point. I also liked Dr. Strange's "Can't you see I'm meditating?". That was good stuff.

3.5/5

Late posting because I just read it, but this was actually pretty good.

I have to say - Fisk owning the rights to Spider-Man is one of the best plot points Bendis has come up with in a loooooong time. It's a very cool idea.

I just hope he doesn't ruin it.

If I were Kingpin, I would snag a yearbook and find out who Spider-Man is, but let him continue to think I don't know.

That was the first thing that came to my mind after reading the issue. Bendis' Kingpin is an idiot.

Everyone who liked this issue is crazy. This arc sucks.

Since Spider-Man is a public figure who hasn't made any claim to his "trademark," would Kingpin even by able to copywrite it? I mean, I know he could have exclusive rights to the movie merchandise, but I assume not Spider-Man in general.

Since Spider-Man is a public figure who hasn't made any claim to his "trademark," would Kingpin even by able to copywrite it? I mean, I know he could have exclusive rights to the movie merchandise, but I assume not Spider-Man in general.

Maybe Spider-Man is considered a personality, like the wrestlers on WWE, rather than a person. Like you couldn't trademark Peter Parker, but Spider-Man's costume and behavior are a corporate property.

I was dissappointed, considering how much I enjoyed the previous issue. Just seemed like there was gonna be another plan that DD and Iron Fist knew about and had planned out to make the kingpin think he was in control..rather than actually just revealing rand was the traitor in the first issue, and having everything else run with no surprise or variation in plot from bog standard blah blah...I've been let down again by this. I keep thinking bendis is gonna do something clever but he never does. meh....kingpin scene was cool tho. :)

Wilson Fisk is the smartest person in the entire Ultimate Universe(he makes less mistakes than Reed Richards and some of his brain isn't located in his balls like Tony Stark).No way the Knights are taking him down by out-smarting him.

I am still expecting something good out of this story.Bagley's art keeps sucking.Hopefully not much left until we get Immonen...

I kind of like it but hate the straight edges on Spidey. It looks like John Romita Jr.

Kind of a late reply but, no one -really no one- can insult Romita Jr.!
He is the best artist of any spidey related titles ever.

Latest posts

Back