Ultimate Spider-Man #109... SPOILERS

Kind of a late reply but, no one -really no one- can insult Romita Jr.!
He is the best artist of any spidey related titles ever.

Romita Jr. is terrible.

Romita Jr. is terrible.

Are you joking or being serious? Because if you're being serious... FINALLY! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!

Someone on the Marvel boards was suggesting that this would lead to Ultimate Identity Crisis. Wasn't there an interview where Bendis said he wanted to do that?

Are you joking or being serious? Because if you're being serious... FINALLY! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!

Someone on the Marvel boards was suggesting that this would lead to Ultimate Identity Crisis. Wasn't there an interview where Bendis said he wanted to do that?

Part of my soul just threw up. Not about the Romita part though. He's ok---not great....but ok. He's a lot like Bagley. He can draw....but everyone LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME!

Kingpin was the only semi decent part.

I think the "I own you" part kinda flattened him to pancake proportions... I remember when he used to be the hands-on Kingpin where he smashed a member of the Enforcers head with his bare hands. Now that was cool. Bendis has turned him into something of a stereotypical mob don that no longer appeals to me. If Bendis embellished on Kingpin's wife and his balance between her and business, we'd have something there... But noooo.

Last edited:
I think the "I own you" part kinda flattened him to pancake proportions... I remember when he used to be the hands-on Kingpin where he smashed a member of the Enforcers head with his bare hands. Now that was cool. Bendis has turned him into something of a stereotypical mob don that no longer appeals to me. If Bendis embellished on Kingpin's wife and his balance between her and business, we'd have something there... But noooo.

Well the last time he was hands on he had to leave the country, but your right Bendis aviods exploring any interesting plots or just completely end them before they get anywhere

Oh, thank God for you.

I can't stand his art. It's terrible. Like Doom said, everyone looks the same. He was a little better on Eternals, but not much. At least his work there didn't ruin the book like his work on Amazing Spider-Man and Hulk. I would say it ruined Sentry: Reborn also but that story was such **** it wouldn't have mattered if Alex Ross had illustrated the whole thing with paint made from pure gold.

Man am I tired of Peter getting his *** handed to him. I really think that Bendis doesn't like Spidey at all, because he's constantly getting embarrassed and beaten in his own book.

Nice way to put Kingpin off to the side without reducing his menace any. Still, that's a comicbook way of resolving a plot.

DD did a 180 this issue. Now he's on Spidey's side? When did that happen?

Meh, downhill slide. This arc needs to be rewritten and given proper length to do it justice. But if it's gonna be this way then let's end it already.

Oh, and just for the record, if John Romita Jr draws any comic book I don't get it. He's a death knell for any book for me.

Last edited:
I liked it. It's better than what we've been getting for sure.

I hope the next issue is just as good.

Maybe Spider-Man is considered a personality, like the wrestlers on WWE, rather than a person. Like you couldn't trademark Peter Parker, but Spider-Man's costume and behavior are a corporate property.

Like how when the Dudleys left WWE and went to TNA they had to change to Team 3D?

Latest posts

Back