Ultimate Spider-Man #110... SPOILERS!

All I know is that this issue stood out amongst all of the others, in this arc or otherwise... The first time in a while where I can actually say that.

Moon Knight was putting his hand on his neck, it might be possible that the thugs screwed up and grazed him. Of course, Bendis makes it so damn ambiguous since it still leaves open the possibility that Moon Knight may have some powers he doesn't know about.

This was a very good arc. I understand the craziness Daredevil becomes, considering his worst enemy knows his true identity (and controls the entire NY criminal underworld) and his office gets blown up virtually leaving him with nothing. It's utter desperation and everything he does in already clouded in a haze of rage. Nice touch with the ending. Even with Kingpin behind bars again, he'll still be making millions out of his Spider-Man license. Justice is only half done in the end.

My only disappointment is the under-utilization of Ultimate Rose. He was just simply the one-note right-hand man who could have been any generic lackey, but Bendis wanted some geek reference instead.

My only disappointment is the under-utilization of Ultimate Rose. He was just simply the one-note right-hand man who could have been any generic lackey, but Bendis wanted some geek reference instead.

I think this was Rose's introduction arc, and he'll come into power as the new Kingpin, or fight for the Kingpin's interests in a gang war during Kingpin's absence.

I enjoyed this arc. I can't wait for the 9th Hardcover featuring Clone Saga and Knights.

I hope that Rose preys on Spider-Man's weakness and is responsible for setting the super villains on him. If that is the case, it would strengthen the title in my opinion and give it some sense of a direction know that Bendis is evidently finished writing just to break the record of the most issues consecutively with the same creative efforts. I think this title will begin to turn around... And the end of the arc, and this issue specifically, proved that he hasn't lost his touch with the characters.

I love to read the reviews that the folks over at comiXtreme post, but their review of this issue was waaayy too positive, and by reading it, you also see that the critic loved the Ultimate Clone Saga, further proving that The UC is the only sane place left on the net. :)

It's reading reviews like this that convince me that we should start writing our own... To counter and offer more realistic review of the title.

I agree that the issue was exceptional according to what the title has been recently as opposed to what it was of old. But to say that the only rut that the title got caught up on was the Morbius arc? Which I actually enjoyed? Wow. This guy's got some problems... Is he saying that Ock becoming a Magneto-esque character was a good thing? That's what I'm getting here...

Basically what we're supposed to get out of all of this is that Spider-Man(boy) is the only person with experience and knows how to play the superhero game. You've got to be ****ing kidding me here. Matt Murdock snaps because a building blows up? Did he not acknowledge the fact that Fisk killed his father an issue ago? That didn't do it for him? His property was taken from him so he snaps and threatens to kill a helpless woman and Spider-Man comes in and, since he's got years doing the superhero thing and Daredevil has never encountered anything traumatizing, Spider-Man uses his infinite wisdom to be the big man.

Teh Bull****.

Is it Mark Bagleys job to draw a wound or blood or something after he gets up? No? He doesn't have too? Ok, cool. And those of you who can simply accept the fact that he has "Moon" powers and has some form of immortal blessing from them. And that's a viable excuse. I hate you, honestly. I don't have a problem with some supernatural powers but I also don't want said powers to be used as a retcon. He didn't get up because of them. He got up because he pyschologically made himself get up. No powers used because there were no powers shown being used.

The best characters in this arc were the one's with minimal focus; Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Strange. One good issue in the entire are. I'm glad I skipped the con for New York. ****in' Bendis.

I agree with MWoF. This was absolute crap. Daredevil was whackey and inconsistent, and Spider-man was annoying, as usual. Dr. Strange had the same, default, "witty" personality that Bendis gives all of his characters. Everyone else was in the background.

Bagley isn't even trying anymore.

That said, the Moon Knight stuff was absolutely terrible. First there was the "Boom, Headshot!" Moment, which made absolutely no sense, then there was him pulling off his mask and getting Fisk arrested. What a load of bull****.

Hello! This is a guy who drove a bus into a school earlier and then shot at a bunch of students. He then kidnapped "New York's favorite Superhero". He's a crazy guy with multiple personality disorder and increasingly unstable behavior. Not to mention the rumors of his involvement with that Dock explosion two or three arcs ago. That's essentially what the public knows about him.

So, why the hell is his testimony enough to put the Kingpin in Jail??? This guy fired a machine gun at children! As far as the public knows he's a psychotic terrorist! Oh, but he says that the Kingpin's henchmen shot him in the head.

Am I the only one who sees problems with this?

They'd have to have the gun, or possibly have the bullet to match up the gun used, then trace it back to the person who shot you... unless it's an unregistered gun.
Even then, that would only incriminate the person that actually shot you. To put Wilson Fisk away, they'd have to get credible testimony and evidence that Wilson Fisk is the one that put out the hit... although, Wilson Fisk did attack Ronin, so his fingerprints or D.N.A. could had been on left on the costume.

Right, because the notion of a known psychopath having self-inflicted injuries is impossible.

Were you being sarcastic to me, or in general? Because I was agreeing with you.

Last edited:
They'd have to have the gun, or possibly have the bullet to match up the gun used, then trace it back to the person who shot you... unless it's an unregistered gun.
Even then, that would only incriminate the person that actually shot you. To put Wilson Fisk away, they'd have to get credible testimony and evidence that Wilson Fisk is the one that put out the hit... although, Wilson Fisk did attack Ronin, so his fingerprints or D.N.A. could had been on left on the costume.

My point is, there are too many holes in this for a case to be made. Ronin was thrown into a river, so hypothetically, any DNA that Fisk may have left on him would not be on the costume any longer. Even if they COULD prove that Fisk attacked Ronin, it wouldn't prove anything. He could plea self defense because the crazy guy who blows up schools broke into his building and started attacking him. It's far more plausable than anything Moon Knight could testify.

This wouldn't even make it to court.

Were you being sarcastic to me, or in general? Because I was agreeing with you.

No, I was kind of talking down to people who liked this issue, though.

Last edited:
I'm so ashamed I didn't realize all this stuff with Ronin. My nitpick-fu is weakening. I liked the part where it was ambiguous whether he had powers or got lucky, but you guys are right about the legal stuff, and it's ruined all my appreciation of this issue.

My point is, there are too many holes in this for a case to be made. Ronin was thrown into a river, so hypothetically, any DNA that Fisk may have left on him would not be on the costume any longer. Even if they COULD prove that Fisk attacked Ronin, it wouldn't prove anything. He could plea self defense because the crazy guy who blows up schools broke into his building and started attacking him. It's far more plausable than anything Moon Knight could testify.

This wouldn't even make it to court.

Hmm... I didn't actually read the issue, how much of Ronin was in the water? If not much, then there could still be evidence on his clothes, maybe bruises that match Wilson Fisk's big, stubby hands. Then there's the factor of the thugs. If the police did have the bullet and trace it back to the guy who shot him, then the police could had put him in the witness protection program before Wilson Fisk could had threatened him. Ronin could also have evidence on his person matching the up both thugs aswell, meaning that could be three testimonies.

The trial could get thrown out, but I think the possibility of a trial is possible...

Last edited:
I agree with MWoF and Wade, except on the bullet. People have survived gunshots the the head, and also I think the guy miss and hit his neck, I'll have to got back and check the moment of impact. I don't know where everyone is getting this idea of him having powers. The mind sequence was for him telling himself to get up (Which was badass if you didnt automatically assume powers for whatever reason) Just picture another character in the same situation, the panel would just go black and they would do the "am I dead?" "Get up!" thing which should be just a bad *** moment

I agree with MWoF.

For the most part, I do too.

I don't even care enough to expand on that thought.

It wasn't MJGoblin bad, but it was a weak ending to an otherwise decent arc.

I agree with MWoF and Wade, except on the bullet. People have survived gunshots the the head, and also I think the guy miss and hit his neck, I'll have to got back and check the moment of impact. I don't know where everyone is getting this idea of him having powers. The mind sequence was for him telling himself to get up (Which was badass if you didnt automatically assume powers for whatever reason) Just picture another character in the same situation, the panel would just go black and they would do the "am I dead?" "Get up!" thing which should be just a bad *** moment

Yeah, I'm not complaining he survived the shot it's just the fact that there was no art to accompany it that really bothered me.

Latest posts

Back