Ultimate Spider-Man #110... SPOILERS!

Basically what we're supposed to get out of all of this is that Spider-Man(boy) is the only person with experience and knows how to play the superhero game. You've got to be ****ing kidding me here. Matt Murdock snaps because a building blows up? Did he not acknowledge the fact that Fisk killed his father an issue ago? That didn't do it for him? His property was taken from him so he snaps and threatens to kill a helpless woman and Spider-Man comes in and, since he's got years doing the superhero thing and Daredevil has never encountered anything traumatizing, Spider-Man uses his infinite wisdom to be the big man.

Teh Bull****.

While not really defending Bendis or the book let me say:

Have you ever lost a house and everything in it? You feel like a part of you, your history, and your life is now gone. It's a crushing experience.

That added to the father deal could conceivably make someone snap. And Spidey being a sorta friend tries to talk reason into Matt.

I might be completely wrong though, I quit reading this during Clone Saga and I just lurk in here when I'm bored.

Basically what we're supposed to get out of all of this is that Spider-Man(boy) is the only person with experience and knows how to play the superhero game. You've got to be ****ing kidding me here. Matt Murdock snaps because a building blows up? Did he not acknowledge the fact that Fisk killed his father an issue ago? That didn't do it for him? His property was taken from him so he snaps and threatens to kill a helpless woman and Spider-Man comes in and, since he's got years doing the superhero thing and Daredevil has never encountered anything traumatizing, Spider-Man uses his infinite wisdom to be the big man.

Daredevil doesn't snap because they blew up his office. He snapped because the reason why Fisk blew up his office was because he finally knew who he was. Daredevil's plan for revenge after all of Fisk's atrocities is ruined, and he realizes that he has lost before he has even started. That is why this pushes him to threaten Fisk's wife, as he believes during that state that if he doesn't do anything soon, Fisk will hunt him down and kill him anyway.

Daredevil doesn't snap because they blew up his office. He snapped because the reason why Fisk blew up his office was because he finally knew who he was. Daredevil's plan for revenge after all of Fisk's atrocities is ruined, and he realizes that he has lost before he has even started. That is why this pushes him to threaten Fisk's wife, as he believes during that state that if he doesn't do anything soon, Fisk will hunt him down and kill him anyway.

I'm aware of this but a preemptive strike is a desperate and panicked move. It's out of character and still makes Daredevil act like Spider-Man should be acting if in contrast to older heroes.

Last edited:
Why does Pete say he'll "sick Nick Fury" on Fisk? Isn't Fury in the Supremeverse now? He would have to be because Pete is dating Kitty in Ultimate Power... errrrggggg, damn you Bendis.

Why does Pete say he'll "sick Nick Fury" on Fisk? Isn't Fury in the Supremeverse now? He would have to be because Pete is dating Kitty in Ultimate Power... errrrggggg, damn you Bendis.

Peter was bluffing. If the criminal world knew Fury wasn't with SHIELD, then all heck would break loose.

May I recommend DIrshB's magnificent (complete/meticulous) timeline of the Ultimate Universe. The discussion generated there lists our best guesses and most logical reasoning for the lapses in time that we see.

And, don't blame it all on Bendis, Power and Ultimates 3 (and to a lesser extent Origins) screwed up everything...

Peter was bluffing. If the criminal world knew Fury wasn't with SHIELD, then all heck would break loose.
It's the truth!
May I recommend DIrshB's magnificent (complete/meticulous) timeline of the Ultimate Universe. The discussion generated there lists our best guesses and most logical reasoning for the lapses in time that we see.
it is magnificent.
And, don't blame it all on Bendis, Power and Ultimates 3 (and to a lesser extent Origins) screwed up everything...

so what he's saying is, blame Bendis AND Loeb (but mostly Loeb)

Like 10% Bendis and 90% Loeb. Benids wrote the first three issues of UP. J. Michael Straczynski wrote the middle three. Loeb wrote the last three issues of Ultimate Power and Ultimates 3.

But Bendis also wrote Ultimate Origins which was not poorly written, but it did screw up A LOT of continuity (unless he pulls something out that none of us have guessed and proves that he didn't screw up as much as it seems he has)

Awesome .. thanks to all those who responded. It was driving me nuts. I was skimming through the MARCH ON ULTIMATUM SAGA and that book puts things in an even more confusing order.

I was skimming through the MARCH ON ULTIMATUM SAGA and that book puts things in an even more confusing order.

Why was that book free? I got it the other day and it was free.

If they're trying to make up for Ultimates 3, they'll have to do a helluva lot more than that.

Why was that book free? I got it the other day and it was free.

If they're trying to make up for Ultimates 3, they'll have to do a helluva lot more than that.

Cause all of the other "Saga"s have been free?

To catch people up on the UU because a number of people will probably be jumping onto the UU because of Loeb/Finch, Finch is a big name, and for some reason Loeb brings in readers?

Because they can?

I can't believe you just complained about something that was free, way to look a gift horse in the mouth (or however that goes)

Cause all of the other "Saga"s have been free?

The other ones were free?! I paid for those!:evil:

To catch people up on the UU because a number of people will probably be jumping onto the UU because of Loeb/Finch, Finch is a big name, and for some reason Loeb brings in readers?

I guess....:?:roll:

Latest posts

Back