Ultimate Spider-Man #63 speculation (#62 spoilers)

Kal_Jenko

Who do you think will find Gwen's body in the next issue?

To me it would make an interesting read if it was Aunt May, the shock of finding Gwen could do some long-term damage to Aunt May.

It would also make her suspicious of Peter.

You think? I think if she has been this oblivious this far she wouldn't be able to put 2+2 together when she's grief-stricken.

But no one's ever seen that happen to a body. Aunt May would freak out, and so would Peter, and I think it will just come out in the open.

Aunt May would freak out, and so would Peter, and I think it will just come out in the open.

Possibly, if he had any idea what caused it, but I don't see any indication of that so far and I think he would be just as shocked and confused.

Yeah, Aunt May couldn't blame Peter unless Gwen and her one last gasping breath said it was Peter... Try and get outta that one Pete! Yeah, but that could be true seeing as how she saw Peter in Carnage and suspected it was him from the get go.

Yeah, Aunt May couldn't blame Peter unless Gwen and her one last gasping breath said it was Peter

I think waht DI was saying is that Peter would see the body and get so flustered that it would just come out...

Oh...

Well, I don't think that would happen, though, if I were Peter, that's what I would be doing right now... After Gwen died, that would stop me from any further Spider-Man crime fighting.

I don't think I would do that even... I would hand it over to Fury. The life would be sucked outta me, too, if something tragic like that happened. I wouldn't have the energy for revenge!

I'd like to know if Carnage will gain the ability to speak, if his appearance will evolve anymore, and if he can speak what he has to say to Peter when they finally meet!

I personally don't want him to speak. It would just turn out to be something hoaky that would pluck Pete's nerves. Something Ben would say, probably. I dunno, I think he's more menacing if he doesn't speak and remains silent.

But then we don't know his motive. And as witty as Spidey is, it would be weak to see the slugfest with no feedback from Carnage.

What if they exchanged verbal blows as well as punches? Peter's whit versus Carnage's. lol, interesting, yet SCARY.

And as witty as Spidey is, it would be weak to see the slugfest with no feedback from Carnage.

Maybe, maybe not - he's jawed off to guys with limited vocabularies before.

Like I said before the menace of Carnage comes off better if he remains silent. Look at Sinister for instance. The first issue he appeared in I was like, "Man, he's really sinister," however, the second he was stuttering... Sort of upset but I saw why.

As terrifying as Carnage is, maybe that's not supposed to be his nature though. He is a clone of Peter, so they have to share the same feelings and Peter may have regrets for the clone who doesn't know any better.

I'm kinda dissapointed with the way in which Gwen was killed. I mean, it was cool and all, but I thought it was going to relate back to the bridge incident with MJ and The Goblin back in the Legacy arc. I thought we were gonna see Osborn throw Gwen off the same bridge and Peter catch her with his webbing, thinking he saved her just like he did Mary, only to find that she was dead. It would have been more devastating that way, him knowing that he had saved MJ and therefor should have been capable of saving Gwen too, but failed.
Ah well, Carnage is cool as well...

That's what I thought was "Ultimate" about it. It wasn't epic and dramatized so much... It just happened and out of nowhere at that... That's realistic and better for the reader.

Latest posts

Back