Ultimate Spider-Man #66 discussion

It is possible that the only way to kill Wolverine would be to do what was done in New X-Men - turn off his healing factor.

Wasn't cutting off Wolverine's head part of how to kill him according to the (616) Xavier Protocols?

I don't think so, sounds to much like highlander.

I think there was an issue of something where Wolverine regenerated from his eyeball.

So, if Wolverine can regrow lost body parts and such, what the hell is the point of The Lizard? I mean, sure, The Lizard's a savage monster, but there's plenty of them about. Gotta have something unique. Keeping the characters unique helps make them that more interesting, and, although I don't think Conners is required to become The Lizard again in USM, knowing that Wolverine can successfully do what Conners failed to accomplish without flaw kind of takes away from his character, I think.
Obviously, regrowing a finger's not that big a deal, but regenerating from an eyeball!? That just sounds like a writer trying to be bold - and turning out crap.

I don't think it's crap at all. It's logical in the context of his mutant ability. As long as there is something there to regenerate what is lost, he can regenerate.

And I don't think there is any relationship between Lizard and Wolverine and what Lizard failed to do or not. They are two different characters created for two different purposes, and are unrelated.

I agree with UltimateE, (Flippin' 'eck I'm doin' a lot of arse kissing on this site).

It usually has nuttin' to do with their ability whether a character is any good or not. For instance, why is Spider-man globally more successful than Nightcrawler?

In terms of Wolvie, the link with his powers to his character is how it wipes out the bad things in his memory - which prevents him from finding his history. It is a lot less to do with adamantium and super senses and regrowing an arm, etc.

In terms of Rogue her absorbing power prevents her from having personal contact and so she will always feel alone, this is more relevant than stealing super-powers.

In terms of the Lizard he is what Spider-man could have been. It is the lack of control over his genetic mutation which makes him such an interesting character.

Even Captain Marvel personality is more relevant to the plot development than being a practical God. Becoming all powerful has brought a greater level of insanity.

Why is this finger deal such a big deal? I mean, I know there was a war back in the colonial times over someones ear, but a finger? This is ridiculous...

Goodwill said:
Why is this finger deal such a big deal? I mean, I know there was a war back in the colonial times over someones ear, but a finger? This is ridiculous...

depends on where his finger has been

Okay, I'll let go of the finger thing...I just didn't know his regenerative abilities were to that extent (haven't read too much 616 X-Men). It just set off a series of thoughts in my head...and stuff.
Anyways...

In the real world there is a lot of debate around cellular memory. Scientists are not sure where memory is stored. They think it is in the cerebral cortex, but various bits of research are now leading away from that idea. The more likely scenario is that memory is recorded on our DNA, via the means of a combination hormones, chemicals and electrical impulses. Not only memory is recorded on DNA but as you will know, cloning is aquired from a single cell. So, if all the memories are transferable and along with the data concerning the more physical stuff. It is totally believable that Wolverine could regenerate from an eyeball, or any one cell.

But here we reach a quandry. Lets say that Wolverine gets sliced in half, from the head to his groin.
What stops both half from regenerating and creating two wolverines?
Or every time he looses a finger, (where ever it has been), that while he grows another a finger, what stops his finger from growing another wolverine? Maybe this how Logan is able to appear in so many x-titles alongside his own comic!!!

How come Weapon X didn't pick up on this and make an army of Wolverines?

What's the title of this thread again?

You can tell because this thread isn't dead yet even though it is part one of a 2 part arc and part two is already out. Let's let it die. Wolverine regeneration debates can go in another thread.

I didn't start the now world famous "Wolverine's finger" debate, but I had forgotten the name of this thread. Acutally who the heckdeheck is Spider-man and where had his fingers been?

I didn't start the now world famous "Wolverine's finger" debate, but I had forgotten the name of this thread

I wasn't blaming anyone, it's OK.

Latest posts

Back