Ultimate Spider-Man # 72 thoughts (spoilers)

jtg3885 said:
But how long can you fight with nothing positive to come home to?

I think the thing with Peter is that he knows - even with all the negative things that seem to come from him being Spider-Man - that ultimately he is doing more good than not. That will keep him going.

So I'm the only one with a problem with Harry Osborn's return here? Back in the Legacy arc, wich I keep coming back to in relation to hobgoblin somehow, Harry was all smiles and rainbows over Peter and MJ. Now I'm well aware that he was in the midst of Professor warren's programing, but that was in general to shape him into what Norman conciders a proper Osborn. I don't think that he'd have been monkeyn about in a girlfirend from just before the Goblin appeared, and if he had he should have made Harry fight for what he conciders his property, not to just brush it aside as he seemed to have then.

And I've got no clue on the guy from the begining. He sorta reminded me of Maverick, but that's about it really.

I don't have a problem with it at all. He probably accepted it at the time due to the "progamming" you mentioned, and with his life the way it is now h'e probably snapped.

You can't rationalize the behaviour of a crazy person, and I think Harry is definitely crazy...

UltimateE said:
You can't rationalize the behaviour of a crazy person, and I think Harry is definitely crazy...

yea, so he's gonna make one hell of a villain

Baxter said:
And I've got no clue on the guy from the begining. He sorta reminded me of Maverick, but that's about it really.

Yea, im lookin at the guys chest it looks like somekind of insect or something doesn't it?

Hmm....

So MJ's very very unhappy with Peter... Harry's very very unhappy with Peter... and Harry probably now legally controls all the Oscorp assets Fury took from his dad, so the man's got resources.....

I'd actually like the Hobgoblin to be someone Harry gets to work for him now... Harry as a relatively stable, yet completely hateful and broken person is a scary idea... especially since how much money he has at his fingertips... I'd like to see him hire Alaistair Smithe to create the Spider Slayers.... and I've been waiting for Scorpion...

Well, we'll see... Its shaping up to be one of the better Ultimate Arcs so far this year (haha, its only feb, but you all know what I mean)

UltimateE said:

Once you realise the laws that guide thier preceptions of reality you can, and Harrys deffinatly a programed nut. He hasn't snapped, he's still in reaction to celler door. I seriously think that it was a long term stratagy by the Green Goblin and not just a pass out code.

Dr.Strangefate said:
and Harry probably now legally controls all the Oscorp assets Fury took from his dad

I don't think so - I think Fury's got control of all that. I doubt Harry can touch it.

Baxter said:
Once you realise the laws that guide thier preceptions of reality you can, and Harrys deffinatly a programed nut. He hasn't snapped, he's still in reaction to celler door. I seriously think that it was a long term stratagy by the Green Goblin and not just a pass out code.

Yeah, but the Osborns are a special brand of crazy.

MJ is Satan

Peter needs to get rid of MJ. Period. Hopefully, that happens at the end of this arc. why?

1)Peter has shared his deepest secrets with MJ. She doesn't have the decency to share this lil' fact with Peter. Even after she knows about Norman, about Harry's threat, which I assume Pete told her (if not, still doesn't change). Pete's gonna get hurt for this and it's MJ's fault.
2)When Peter yelled at MJ, asides from being a jerk and not giving necessary details, hit it on the spot. MJ needs to listen to this superhero boyfriend of hers and not go braindead. They talked about the risks. They broke up because of the risks. She knows her life is in danger because of Pete. So when he gives her advance warnings, maybe she should listen.
3)Peter can find better, especially after he finds out about this mess.

Also, 9 months? It honestly felt like 3 years have gone by. It seems like the seasons change constantly (weather, sports going on, events). This feels like the Simpson (over 15 X-mas specials and Bart's still in the fourth grade). Can't these characters at least age a little. They can't be high school freshmen forever.

By the way, asides from the mind**** that was the flashback (which is more of MJ being stupid and never mentioning this; probably be brought up next issue), this was a very good issue and looks to be a good arc. And who was that villian? Does anyone know?

I don't think it's bad MJ is acting this way it reminds me of a lot of girls that I know. I think this is being played beautifully. Other than the completely getting rid of MJ, I agree with you.

As for the ageing, I wish they'd pick up the pace. This is called Spiderman not Spiderboy.

The issue I've been waiting for!

I just got the issue today, not expecting much, but boy was I proved wrong... The minute Harry and MJ kissed my jaw dropped and I was sold on the idea of Harry coming back. The issue gets better from there... There was humor in the fight scene with the mystery villain looking for adamantium (The way Peter was talking about it kinda makes you wonder if the Hob will have anything to do with adamantium...) and the action was good, too. Characterization was great and I am really liking where each respective character is headed in this arc, especially since a lot of the characters are showing a tremendous growth since we were last serious with them (Let's be honest, the last six issues were garbage compared to what we've gotten since #1). I can't wait to see where this ruined Harry goes... While Peter's life went from rags to riches, Harry's going through a downward spiral that just so happens to be an opposite reaction to Peter's change. I think that is the greatest thing I've ever seen. Really, already, I would say that this arc is shaping up to be my favorite so far... Let's hope that nothing changes!

Goodwill said:
There was humor in the fight scene with the mystery villain looking for adamantium (The way Peter was talking about it kinda makes you wonder if the Hob will have anything to do with adamantium...)

There is a bug or something on the villains chest... any speculations now?

As for the adamantium... please let there be a glider...

If that thing's a bug and he's got two prong-like things attached to his wrist, I would call him Mantis or something like that... The bug on his chest does look similar to one, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, the glider would be a great idea... Better than my idea about Harry suiting up as the Goblin similar to the one in the movie.

Goodwill said:
If that thing's a bug and he's got two prong-like things attached to his wrist, I would call him Mantis or something like that... The bug on his chest does look similar to one, but I'm not entirely sure.

Ultimate Beetle?

Goodwill said:
Also, the glider would be a great idea... Better than my idea about Harry suiting up as the Goblin similar to the one in the movie.

If GG was a mutation, I want HG to be one too. But I think it'd be cool if Harry was trying to get the Adamantium for the Glider..

I don't know if it's an Ultimate counterpart for Beetle, but I doubt it. While he wasn't the strongest villain, Beetle did play a good role in the Spider-Man books.

Also, the glider is a must... I think it would add visuals to the books like no other... I'd love to see it!

Latest posts

Back