Ultimate Spider-Man # 72 thoughts (spoilers)

Dark_Images said:
Bendis revealed on his website the mystery villain is Ultimate Killer Shrike. No joke.
Is that the guy that was in the SECRET WAR mini? The one where he's shown fighting with Iron Man?

Goodwill said:
While Peter's life went from rags to riches, Harry's going through a downward spiral that just so happens to be an opposite reaction to Peter's change.

The funny thing is that Peter doesn't quite see it that way...

Really great issue

So, MJ and Harry huh! wow, and Harrys speach in the end, i cant wait till the next issue

UltimateE said:
The funny thing is that Peter doesn't quite see it that way...

As he shouldn't. When the losses and sacrifices he's made in his life so far as Spider-Man are more obvious than the gains and success he's made I don't see how Peter would see it the way Harry does.

I'm thinking with this issue should have been done before the Carnage Arc, and for peter to find out about Harry and Mj, and peter to give up and then Gwen and Peter should have hooked up later on, and then Harry slowly goes mad or turns into the Green/Hob Goblin, and throws Gwen off a bridge, because no matter what Peter, always gets the good things in life, "girls, powers without any mutations" in Harrys eyes.
And then Peter and Harry fight to the death.

Well that was an idea but i guess its to late cause Gwen is dead!

And now i'm hoping Peter break up with Mj

I think one of the most shocking parts of this story was on page 3, where MJ says she was SQUIRRELED! Poor poor Peter, this must be so hard for him. Being Squirreled is a fate worth then death

DAMN SQUIRRELS

Why Shihad Why

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon... I'm glad they finally showed MJ as a realistic good lookin' girl at age 15/16 whatever she is... that's exactly how it woulda gone down... I'm happy with how they're playin' her it's making me like her more...

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not jumping on the bandwagon... I'm glad they finally showed MJ as a realistic good lookin' girl at age 15/16 whatever she is... that's exactly how it woulda gone down... I'm happy with how they're playin' her it's making me like her more...

It is extremely realistic. Harry... millionare son, good looks, popularity. MJ... brains, good looks, rough upbringing - it's quite obvious that she would be all about him, and all those times I was wondering why she seemed so excited to see him all the time! I kept thinking when did they suddenly become best friends? wow... still quite shocked about this. Poor Peter, enough to drive him nuts.

On a happy note, at least he will no longer be living so close to her =) I really hope they break up though and Black Cat's supposed death get's her brought back to life completely de-aged to Pete's age and they can get some super-people love going on =D That's what they call wishful thinking though

I'm excited to see how this all plays out and supposedly #74's will have Harry telling MJ that Pete killed his father. I don't see how that could possibly suprise her... he was a huge monster.

Well Aeroth did say that Bendis said something big was going to happen in two issues. Perhaps something to do with Peter breaking up with MJ?

BlackCat said:
On a happy note, at least he will no longer be living so close to her =) I really hope they break up though and Black Cat's supposed death get's her brought back to life completely de-aged to Pete's age and they can get some super-people love going on =D That's what they call wishful thinking though

I don't know, I would mind seeing them together? I dunno if the age difference really matters. mmm How far apart are they?? Anyway... They're both in this unique situation of being "super" and they'll probably connect in someway.

Well I guessed her age at around 22 or 23 since she was working in Fisk's accounting dept. and realistically, to get a job like that downtown you'd need a B.A. at the least. But in the Ult universe anything goes... I mean Pete works a job that I can't even get with a B.A. and he's just a kid lmao. So she could be around his age by a stretch.

But then again, if Pete and MJ would break up in this storyline, it would be entirely plausable for them to get back together two months from now. It's the teenage thing to do... break up, get back together.... break up, get back together...

BlackCat said:
Well I guessed her age at around 22 or 23 since she was working in Fisk's accounting dept. and realistically, to get a job like that downtown you'd need a B.A. at the least. But in the Ult universe anything goes... I mean Pete works a job that I can't even get with a B.A. and he's just a kid lmao. So she could be around his age by a stretch.

But then again, if Pete and MJ would break up in this storyline, it would be entirely plausable for them to get back together two months from now. It's the teenage thing to do... break up, get back together.... break up, get back together...

I'd like to see SM and BC get close to eachother and then something bad happen to Black Cat... I dunno something as bad as death? maybe scaled down alittle. Than again that idea seems real Elektraesque... I dunno.

Latest posts

Back