Ultimate Spider-Man #73 discussion (spoilers)

I liked it. It all so far leads to Harry being the Hobgoblin. I mean so far there isnt much to say. The story arc is just beginning so we'll see how things go in the next issue.

I thought it was real good, much need explaination/dealings with where Harry's been, Fury's involvement, and where this is going too. The scenes when everything's groggy and Harry's trying to remember were cool. I'll admit I got pissed when Shaw showed up I don't want him to be the Hobgoblin but there's a good chance Harry plays the brains and let's Shaw do his "dirty work". I want Harry to be the Goblin. Either way, though, Harry is gonna go and try to kick Spider-Man/Peter Parker's ***... Good issue but damn this arc is definitely best read in TPB format... let's get on with it already.

I'm so happy that I understood everything in that issue, cuz I've been collecting since issue 1. Well, everything except one thing. What (if we know at all) was Shaw talking about to Norman that Harry heard through the ventilation shaft?

ultimatedjf said:
I'm so happy that I understood everything in that issue, cuz I've been collecting since issue 1. Well, everything except one thing. What (if we know at all) was Shaw talking about to Norman that Harry heard through the ventilation shaft?

I think that was just a random time Shaw was dealing with Norman in his office. I don't think it meant anything.

Still no Loose end tie up kids :?

TheManWithoutFear said:

Are we sure "cellar door" wasnt' it? I don't remember if that was explained or not...

definitly not, "cellar door" first appeared in the Legacy arc, Norman used it on Harry I think and his hypnotherapist used that as a trigger word or something. Interesting to see that Bendis seems to be explaining away Harry knowing about Pete and MJ dating in that arc with the hynotherapy/not being able to remember, etc. Can't wait to see whats in the secret underground cellar, and very interesting to see that Shaw returned. Otherwise, this entire issue happening in the past was also a little weird, leading from events in #69 and showing that Harry's beginning to take the reigns of his father's legacy. Like I said, can't wait to see whats in the underground room.

Roxxon has been used by Bendis in this title several times recently, so maybe he is planning on using it in a future arc. Also, yeah, its obvious whats down there, but I just want to see how Bendis executes it and how Harry is going to react to becoming the Hobgoblin (granted, it is still possible that Shaw may become the Hobgoblin, but I'm almost positive it'll be Harry).

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think that was just a random time Shaw was dealing with Norman in his office. I don't think it meant anything.

well i think the fact that shaw was in the issue said a lot.....being as though no one on this board believed that he would be in the arc period.....

when i speculate (and i dont make stuff up just to make it up, ) i am greeted with ignorance and malcontent....

but yeah....would be cool if shaw was the goblin and harry was behind the whole thing (as i speculated when i first got on this board..)

we will have to see next issue though, im still going for harry to be the goblin, perhaps bendis threw him in there to through everyone off...

The Captain said:
well i think the fact that shaw was in the issue said a lot.....being as though no one on this board believed that he would be in the arc period.....

but yeah....would be cool if shaw was the goblin and harry was behind the whole thing (as i speculated when i first got on this board..)

A lot of truth in that statement I thought we'd seen the last of Shaw myself. His role now is a pretty major one. I'd actually like for him to be Scorpion if at all possible.

The Captain said:
when i speculate (and i dont make stuff up just to make it up, ) i am greeted with ignorance and malcontent....
No you're not at all. Quit feeling sorry for yourself.

The Captain said:
we will have to see next issue though, im still going for harry to be the goblin, perhaps bendis threw him in there to through everyone off...
Here's hopeing that he did.

ultimatedjf said:
No, I thought it was interesting they mentioned Roxxon too. Perhaps a future baddie will originate from there?

Where else has Roxxon been used? I dont remember any other places.

I had high hopes for this issue based on #72 but it fell flat. You always get one of these issues in a 5-6 issue arc, so it's not like it was unexpected. But it's still disappointing.

UltimateE said:
I had high hopes for this issue based on #72 but it fell flat. You always get one of these issues in a 5-6 issue arc, so it's not like it was unexpected. But it's still disappointing.

Well the way I see it is you either get a brief page of explaination that crams all of what this issue was into it or you get a whole issue with a detail description of what happened. I prefer the latter but yeah it does make the arc go slower

On day ?5? when Harry goes to the skool and see's mj and peter talking to someone, who was that? Was that jonnny storm? or someone else?

and i liked the whole flash back thing and how you have to read the other side story arcs for most of it make sense (ultimate six) and how it ties into together

nigma said:
On day ?5? when Harry goes to the skool and see's mj and peter talking to someone, who was that? Was that jonnny storm? or someone else?

Oh yeah - I was going to ask you guys that. I wonder if he's our loose end?

Latest posts

Back