Ultimate Spider-Man # 75 Thoughts (spoilers)

I love that theory...but for that to be realistic, we would need an explanation (and i keep saying this) of shaw in issue one, trying to kill pete...until that is justified and made sense of with his new found appearance...then i dont see that happening..

The theory has its holes, of course. I don't think Fury, being this international man of mystery, would get involved with something so directly, especially something concerning a boy in tights whose been haunted by a family of science tycoons. That's totally out of his character. Provoking Harry into becoming the Hob is also one of those things that Fury would definitely not do... He's got no real reason to. Hell, maybe MwoF's on to something with Fury testing him, but I doubt that Fury would pit Peter's best friend in front of him and expect him to act. I think that's a little twisted and, I'm with MwoF, I don't want to think Fury is manipulating him all that much... Also, you guys have to ask yourself... If Fury is Shaw why would he have a history with Norman and know all that stuff? Why would he try and kill Peter?

Goodwill said:
If Fury is Shaw why would he have a history with Norman and know all that stuff? Why would he try and kill Peter?

Im guessing you didnt read what i said....because if you did, thats basically what i just said....

"I love that theory...but for that to be realistic, we would need an explanation (and i keep saying this) of shaw in issue one, trying to kill pete...until that is justified and made sense of with his new found appearance...then i dont see that happening"..

"I love that theory...but for that to be realistic, we would need an explanation (and i keep saying this) of shaw in issue one, trying to kill pete...until that is justified and made sense of with his new found appearance...then i dont see that happening"..

First off, wow i came up with an idea that people are paying attention too and second Shaw could very well be in police custody or somewhere where he can't gain access to Harry. I beleive Shaw to be real but not the Shaw Harry sees.

Ultxon said:
First off, wow i came up with an idea that people are paying attention too and second Shaw could very well be in police custody or somewhere where he can't gain access to Harry. I beleive Shaw to be real but not the Shaw Harry sees.

yeah okay....good for you.....but what makes that any different from anything said?? meaning....how did shaw get where he is if you feel he is still around somewhere???

TheManWithoutFear said:
I've totally lost all touch with this Shaw stuff my head hurts...

Yeah, you already know where i stand, so i could careless about the rest of this arc outside of knowing why last issue went the way it did....if warriors is a dud then im done with comics....

The Captain said:
Yeah, you already know where i stand, so i could careless about the rest of this arc outside of knowing why last issue went the way it did....if warriors is a dud then im done with comics....

Well no I'm still happy with and interested with the arc.... but I will admit now that I know DD isn't in Warriors I'm less excited about it.

The Captain said:
perhaps punisher is taking his place....we now know that punisher will be showing up soon too...

Really? Thats good news, been wondering what old Frank Castle has been up to since the Carnage arc (besides the obvious violent over-the-top slaying of criminals).

I'm still excited to learn just what Fury's plans for Pete are though (too bad we have to wait until next month to find out). So I'm guessing #76 is going to be the big fight between Pete and Harry, and #77 will be Fury's big revelation.

Well the Shaw in the first arc, could have been real, but just got caught (somehow) by shield, and questioned or tourted and shaw broke, and told fury all the stuff that the shaw (or fury) is showing harry.
Maybe fury has one of those things that the chamelon had (that made him change into diff people), and then maybe we can get the chamelon, after an employee of shield steals it........ :D

Well another a week and 1 day, til you guys find out, and a extra day for us (if it arrives on friday) for us here in New Zealand.

Yeah, I think we need to think about what Bendis would actually do instead of making up these explanations for something that is going to be very hard to explain off. I'm not saying Bendis couldn't do it with some tact, I'm just saying that it is extremely hard to take Shaw and turn him into Fury on such short notice, with the history of that character and everything. We really don't even know it Shaw is important after this issue... Maybe he'll be killed if he's a physical being. We'll have to see. In the mean time, could we talk about something else? MwoF and I are getting hurt! ;)

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I think we need to think about what Bendis would actually do instead of making up these explanations for something that is going to be very hard to explain off. I'm not saying Bendis couldn't do it with some tact, I'm just saying that it is extremely hard to take Shaw and turn him into Fury on such short notice, with the history of that character and everything. We really don't even know it Shaw is important after this issue... Maybe he'll be killed if he's a physical being. We'll have to see. In the mean time, could we talk about something else? MwoF and I are getting hurt! ;)

If no one but me starts postings stuff, what do you expect to happen??? If you want a topic change, then post an idea or something.....i myself enjoy speculating, and i havent been wrong much (except in this f****in hobgoblin arc...) so bring it.

Well, how about we speculate about Fury? We're going to imagine that the idea that he is Shaw is false and come up with something for him that'll explain, not only his plans for both Harry and Peter, but what will happen with him and his reputation after this arc. He's up to something here and we need to figure it out.

I think Nick is just letting pete be a kid and letting him develop into his own person while molding him for the ultimates down the road...The guy wouldnt be nick fury if he didnt come off as an *******....but part of the chemistry between pete and nick is that pete will have to learn from him and have to grow up some. Pete is doing what he has to do...and Nick is the guy saying "this is the way it is" We will see more of that soon i believe. I am just ready for this to be over with honestly...otherwise you all know i would have made a lot more posts in this section.....

Are you waiting for this to be over or the next issue to come out? ;) It's not that bad, really... Bendis just can't shake off his elaborate characters for an arc and get to the meat.

Goodwill said:
Are you waiting for this to be over or the next issue to come out? ;) It's not that bad, really... Bendis just can't shake off his elaborate characters for an arc and get to the meat.

hey look, my post number is 1234...i remember jokingly saying i was going to retire if and when i reached that number....now ive surpassed it...

anyway, i was saying i am ready for the whole arc in general to be over...im sure i will be as ticked off on wed as i am now about how slow the pacing is....i will flip through next issue in 5-7 mins, look at the mediocre fight scene and just be thankful that it had some action after all...it will be the most exciting thing since the fight with killer shrike earlier in the arc...
In a villain i had expected more cunning ability from harry as i did with norman...but i didnt get that in 75.....this is going to be like one of the JMS arcs as of late....you hope for a good issue in between, and pray for the next arc to be good..

anyway, i was saying i am ready for the whole arc in general to be over...im sure i will be as ticked off on wed as i am now about how slow the pacing is....i will flip through next issue in 5-7 mins, look at the mediocre fight scene and just be thankful that it had some action after all...it will be the most exciting thing since the fight with killer shrike earlier in the arc...
In a villain i had expected more cunning ability from harry as i did with norman...but i didnt get that in 75.....this is going to be like one of the JMS arcs as of late....you hope for a good issue in between, and pray for the next arc to be good..

But would you be happy if Harry or Peter woke up on the last issue to reveal that it was all a dream!!!!!!! [insert evil Bendis/Millar hybrid laugh]

Ultxon said:
But would you be happy if Harry or Peter woke up on the last issue to reveal that it was all a dream!!!!!!! [insert evil Bendis/Millar hybrid laugh]

you know, i was thinking that maybe next issue, there would be a twist and it would show shaw as the hobgoblin, but i said nothing for 2 reasons..

1) no need to speculate it when i had no real basis
2) Wizard pretty much came out and said spidey would take on harry and then the Molten man in its recent issue...

Latest posts

Back