Ultimate Spider-Man #76 discussion (Spoilers)

He could, cause i think he managed to fly to that bridge????
Or could he jump, kinda like the hulk?
Harry doesn't look like he can fly, cause he kinda had to climb up the building to chase peter????

TheManWithoutFear said:
No offense E, but I've been saying Harry should die in this arc since before the solicitations for it came out and you're the first person to disagree with it. Why the change of heart?

BTW Welcome to the darkside.

Actually I didn't mean to imply that Harry dying would save the arc - I meant that if Harry died and it was some sick, twisted, and evil scheme by Norman and it gets Peter so screwed up in the head that he has to see a shrink about it - that might save the arc.

UltimateE said:
I meant that if Harry died and it was some sick, twisted, and evil scheme by Norman and it gets Peter so screwed up in the head that he has to see a shrink about it

That's what I said though. My theory was that Norman would have Harry die and it would strengthen the Hero/Archenemy relationship to new heights and would also send Pete over the edge. It's in one of the threads.

The only thing that could save this arc, for me, is if Bendis said, "I'm really sorry. I ****ed up. It was a ****ty story, and I won't do it again. In #100, we'll discover everything since #53~ was a dream. I'll take another crack at it. Once again, sorry."

See, I'm not even asking for my money back. :wink:

Bass said:
The only thing that could save this arc, for me, is if Bendis said, "I'm really sorry. I ****ed up. It was a ****ty story, and I won't do it again. In #100, we'll discover everything since #53~ was a dream. I'll take another crack at it. Once again, sorry."

I'd personally say 59 (Because I liked the Hollywood arc), but definetly in the right spirit, Bass! Cheers. :wink:

Bass said:

Hell, I'd accept what we've already had out if he'd just put the effort he puts into a Daredevil script into this.

This issue is out, correct? I don't know I haven't been following this thread or my subscriptions until the day I thought it DID come out and I was just now catching up with it because I haven't gotten it in the mail yet. YIKES! Please, could someone tell me if it has or not?

Goodwill said:
This issue is out, correct? I don't know I haven't been following this thread or my subscriptions until the day I thought it DID come out and I was just now catching up with it because I haven't gotten it in the mail yet. YIKES! Please, could someone tell me if it has or not?

Yes - it's a maroon cover with just Hobgoblin on it.

I just realized I never posted in this thread...

The writing was...uhhh...ok.... the artwork was good I liked all the random people in street and what they were doing, the way you could see fear on there faces, beautiful, along with such precise detail.

Alright, I got the issue in the mail yesterday, so, I didn't have to reem Marvel out for not giving me what I'm paying them for... (Man, I was so ready to, too ;)).

Anyway, I thought the issue was terrific... Best we've had in a while. The art, I think, seriously decimated the quick pace of the issue... It was by no means Bagley's fault, I mean, he was outstanding with the Hob's build and especially face, but the coloring was very difficult to stomach. I don't like that at all. I liked how Peter related this back to Norman and how Harry isn't the villain, just a victim, which was a cool twist. I'm hoping next issue there will be more fight... Knowing that it will be the last issue of the arc, I don't have much faith in their being too much of a fight left, which is a shame.

Also, did anyone think it was completely unnecessary for MJ to just show up in this issue? I was reading it almost expecting it, but she came out of nowhere! She's kind of annoying this arc...

Goodwill said:
Also, did anyone think it was completely unnecessary for MJ to just show up in this issue? I was reading it almost expecting it, but she came out of nowhere! She's kind of annoying this arc...

I felt the same way. The excuse was sort of plausible though but I hate how she had to skip class to do it. She could've easily waited to do it after school. Not too mention doing things like that makes her seem completely careless. I mean it'd be one thing if she wasn't warned about Harry and didn't know what happened to Norman but she did so she should be useing a little more caution.

Exactly. When I flipped the page and I saw her there, standing, I literally sighed in frustration. When she said that she was there to tell Harry off, I figured that she was the closest thing this title has gotten to Jessica Simpson... Why can't you wait until after school? Like, really...

Also, do you think the scene with the teacher saying that Peter and MJ revealed what's going to happen in the special MJ issue? I'm thinking that detention for the two of them opened things up a little bit.

Goodwill said:
Also, do you think the scene with the teacher saying that Peter and MJ revealed what's going to happen in the special MJ issue? I'm thinking that detention for the two of them opened things up a little bit.

Yeah It'll probably be them in detention dealing with their relationship. What a great issue that'll be :roll:

Goodwill said:
Exactly. When I flipped the page and I saw her there, standing, I literally sighed in frustration. When she said that she was there to tell Harry off, I figured that she was the closest thing this title has gotten to Jessica Simpson... Why can't you wait until after school? Like, really....

Dude, since when do you need a reason to skip class?

Nurhachi said:
Dude, since when do you need a reason to skip class?

He's totally right, Nur. First off Midtown High School has to be the biggest joke school ever. Peter and MJ have gotten away with so much and all they've had is detention. If Bendis wants to make this title as "life as a teenage superhero"- like than they should've been close to expelled as possible by now.
There's also just no reason for MJ to skip class at the same moment Harry Goblins out... it's very convenient for the writers because now they can go with the whole MJ's in harm's way and they can set up the detention thing. But really when she strolled out onto that page my eyes rolled more than a pair of dice at a craps table. What's really sad about it is that I like MJ and I'm not the Anti-MJ/Peter reader. I'd like for them to stay together forever. Her complete ignorance to Peter's alternate personality when she knows fully well what's going on is extremely annoying.

I hated this whole Hobgoblin arc. It's so lame, I'm with whats-his-name on liking the maksed goblins more. The Green Goblin thing was hot. But this new joint was wack. I hated Harry as a monster all he did was get beat. Apparently he's delusional, and it just sucks. Also he looks wack. Why is he on fire? LAME.

Back