Ultimate Spider-Man # 79 (SPOILERS)

Finally a really great USM issue again. As for the arc, hold your horses kids. HG arc was real great at the beginning too... Bendis' problems with USM is he falls flat at the end. So don't get too excited.

But we are very pleased with this.

First let me say that it took me 5 min to get past the first page. Why? Because Bendis alluded to SAMMY SILKE!!! ****IN' AWESOME.

Ok, I'm done being a fanboy...

Silvermane well he was cool and old and there's
no room for old people in today's comics so he's dead now
and I'm cool with that.

Hammerhead is an awesome ultimate villain and I feel guilty saying that I'd love for him to become the major crime boss in New York over Fisk. :( I'm sorry... I'm still unsure of how he survived though? Anyone for that? The enforcers are always welcomed.

Fisk. Obviously the man is desperate and he's calling in his top assassin again. That's all there was to him this issue but still we know what to expect from him and I'll be cheerin' for him sooner or later. Round 1 goes to Hammerhead though.
And the whole "I don't need to see his tits" thing. Obviously there's a reason they showed him without his shirt on. Those were rock hard pecs he's all muscle and I think Bagley did a good job with that.

It was nice to see the thoughts that Peter had in the previous issue but there was nothing that we didn't already know so...

Black Cat. Nothin' but she's there.

MoonKnight. Nice Keds. I see where everyone is going with "how he talks" but maybe when he has more than one line it won't be as annoying. Oh, and Bendis, what's with the ****in' Billy Club? You're just teasing me now... jerk.

I'll give it a 9/10 but I won't hold my breath for a great arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
MoonKnight. Nice Keds. I see where everyone is going with "how he talks" but maybe when he has more than one line it won't be as annoying. Oh, and Bendis, what's with the ****in' Billy Club? You're just teasing me now... jerk.

That club is Moon Knight's tradition weapon. It actually pre-dates the nunchucks that he picked up in the late 80's early 90's.

This version is certainly much more vicious then the one from 616. In all honesty, he seems like Moon Knight crossed with The Punisher...hmm...
now there's an interesting idea for those wondering whatever happened to the Ultimate Punisher.

ninja please

TheManWithoutFear said:
Seriously Captain, Don't start a thread like this then. Obviously there's gonna be spoilers for the issue and certain people don't have a problem with spoilers. Now look at you... big man who knows but won't tell anyone. You and your games. Why did you bother starting the thread if you had nothing important to say? What's the point in buying it? I've lived off spoilers since I started going to the internet like 10 years ago. It's not about the final product it's about delivery. You're just being a ***** right now though. It's 1:49 where I live and I guess it doesn't matter I'll just get the issue tomorrow morning. But this is the exact reason you were banned.

I was banned for not telling details...right...dont give me that crap, half of the time you give spoilers, you dont say jack. Dont come at me like that, i dont care if you live off spoilers, go buy the damn comic book! Be happy i told you what you know instead of complaining about what i wont do for you....you are being a big baby...chill out and lay off the beer....

non sense

Goodwill said:
It's just how we are... I'm with MwoF on this one, though... How can he say one thing and then not tell us another? It's like if you're going to say anything at all, why not say all of it.

If you want to be spoiled, thats one thing, but im not gonna sit up here and type dialogue...thats not my responsibility....you could email me or ask off messageboard as most have chose to do. Some of you act like you cant live without a comic book information, as if you wont be buying the book yourself, the purpose of these threads is to discuss a book, give feedback, and instead of being thankful, all i get is scrutiny?? that is not mature at all..be upset all you want if you dont like my posts, but talkin about me in a bad way does nothing....

bite the hand that feeds you

TheManWithoutFear said:
He got banned because he started a discussion thread with nothing to discuss how is that any different then him opening one up without any significant information?

It had significant information, and how would you know if you didnt even read the issue? look at your review of the issue, it hardly varies from what i typed...this is so childish for you to act the way you did, but i forgive you...and for the record, just so everyone knows cause im tired of repeating myself.

I made a thread on here and it was erased, i was sent a pm that i didnt get a chance to read, because my brother came behind me when i left and made the same thread...i was banned, my brother made his own screen name and we were both banned which resulted in a longer ban for me in the end...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Did you see the thread I opened up yesterday? I PMed E and asked if it was ok to do so because the spoiler was so big. If I had nothing or something of little importance I wouldn't have made a thread until it came out.

You made a thread with one spoiler and nothing else revoling around the issue, and yet you want to judge me? this makes no sense.

The Captain said:
yes, he has multiple personalities just as he did in his 616 era....he will spazz out pretty soon, i think its by the 3rd part of this arc...stay tuned.. :wink:
Thanks Mr. Bendis.

Anyway, there's no evidence yet that he's crazy or schizo. I really don't want to see a wacky superhero. I mean how does that make any sense? A wack job fighting crime who never gets caught by the authorities and actually can hold a storyline because he'd actually just get annoying. I'm hopeing that was just his opening dialogue to be intimidating and he won't really talk like that throughout the arc and the rest of his appearances in USM.

more reading, less spoilers

TheManWithoutFear said:
Thanks Mr. Bendis.

Anyway, there's no evidence yet that he's crazy or schizo. I really don't want to see a wacky superhero. I mean how does that make any sense? A wack job fighting crime who never gets caught by the authorities and actually can hold a storyline because he'd actually just get annoying. I'm hopeing that was just his opening dialogue to be intimidating and he won't really talk like that throughout the arc and the rest of his appearances in USM.

he is schizo, read the solicits, its also been said in an interview...and moon knight will have a normal side to him...but you know how comic books go, superheroes have to fight each other usually before they team up...this gives a reason for it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Can't find it in the solits. What interview?

I dont have a link to the interview, it was posted on newsarama months ago, and it was also in last months wizard..moon knight disappears for a while, we dont get to know his history, but we see more of why he is crazy...which is basically what was said but paraphrased.

The Captain said:
I dont have a link to the interview, it was posted on newsarama months ago, and it was also in last months wizard..moon knight disappears for a while, we dont get to know his history, but we see more of why he is crazy...which is basically what was said but paraphrased.
This is true. I read it myself where Bendis does say that.

The Captain said:

You're right. Wizard does say that. But that WIZARD!!! :crazy: Evil SOBs

In the 616 universe, there never was anything that specifically said that Moon Knight had multiple personalities. I believe that there was a period where they explored the modivation of a costumed superhero and which was the actually person, Moon Knight or Marc Spector. He did operate with several disguises but at no time was it suggested that he didn't know what was happening. I think you guys may be confusing Moon Knight with First Comics The Badger.

Plus, the line he speaks, refering to himself in the third person, is done all the time in comics when the writers can't come up with a better way to introduce a new character.

Hell, Spiderman does it all the time yet not a person has suggested Parker is off his nut.

notTHATtodd said:
In the 616 universe, there never was anything that specifically said that Moon Knight had multiple personalities. I believe that there was a period where they explored the modivation of a costumed superhero and which was the actually person, Moon Knight or Marc Spector. He did operate with several disguises but at no time was it suggested that he didn't know what was happening. I think you guys may be confusing Moon Knight with First Comics The Badger.
Last summer in Wizard they had an article on Moon Knight, telling about the character saying he does different personalities making him a schizo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back