Ultimate Spider-Man # 79 (SPOILERS)

ultimatedjf said:
Nope I just checked. It's all done by the team of Bendis, Bagley, Hanna, and j.d. smith (the guy you hate).

I miss Thibert. And the colorist from issue #twentysomething-#49. If they did 50 through 79 instead of Hanna and Smith, all those ****ty issues wouldn't be so ****ty.

someone must really be double checking the work then, cuz it looked better to me then the last few issues.

The Captain said:
It could be either or, or someone entirely different for that matter....rumors had cloak and dagger show up this arc so who really knows, but the shadow has me picturing black cat myself...

so who's going to make a thread about a shadow?

Ok, I finally got the issue...

I must say, this title seems like it is back on track. Hammerhead is easily one of the coolest villains to be seen in a long time in this series and the whole deal with the Kingpin cropping up while Peter is in class, pondering his decision to break up with MJ, was very well done. I'm a little sad to see Silvermane offed so quickly and to see that the Enforcers really didn't break up, however, it's good to get back into the groove of things.

One thing I didn't like, though, was the ending. There was too much going on and it was just too jarring for me to keep up with. Sure, I got everything, but there's an explosion, a girl standing on a roof, a girl disappearing on the roof, and then a kick in the face. What the heck is that? Way too much stuff at the end of an issue. Sorry. It really wasn't that big of a deal to me, but I just thought it was too jumbled.

Also, the art was fan-freaking-tastic in this issue. I did notice the coloring a little, but other than that, I was floored to see Bagley returning to what he once did with these issues. Just take a look at Silvermane's grill! Woah! Really cool stuff here and I can't wait for the next one... Hopefully, it won't take forever to get here anymore!

Goodwill said:
I got everything, but there's an explosion, a girl standing on a roof, a girl disappearing on the roof, and then a kick in the face.

Yup, the explosion was cuz of Hammerhead shooting the thing, the girl I'm pretty sure was Black Cat (though its possible it was Elektra), and the kick to the face was courtesy of Moon Knight. So was the somewhat cheesy threat.

UltimateE said:
You stole my word. :(

Yeah, you should be proud you are making such an impression on me! :lol:

Right. I thought it was just jumbled a bit, is all. I understand that it's going to be a little chaotic from here on out with the Warriors kicking up some dirt, but I think Bendis went about it all wrong when it came to introducing this to Spider-Man.

Also, are the Enforcers dead now? We only saw Hammerhead emerge from the building...

So, does it explain why the Enforcers never stay in jail? I wouldn't be suprised if Wilson secretly owns it or something.

Yeah, I saw the Enforcers walked towards the door, I just didn't see that they made it out. I guess I'm just being picky.

No, there really was no explanation for why the Enforcers are out of jail. There was no real reason why they jumped ship to Hammerhead's lead rather than Kingpin's, at least so quickly. I can see why Kingpin has to lay low, but that doesn't mean all of his followers will immediately follow Hammerhead... That was a little off, but other than that, I was glad to see that they weren't forgotten.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I saw the Enforcers walked towards the door, I just didn't see that they made it out. I guess I'm just being picky.

No, there really was no explanation for why the Enforcers are out of jail. There was no real reason why they jumped ship to Hammerhead's lead rather than Kingpin's, at least so quickly. I can see why Kingpin has to lay low, but that doesn't mean all of his followers will immediately follow Hammerhead... That was a little off, but other than that, I was glad to see that they weren't forgotten.

Since the Enforcers are just normal human beings, they're not locked up in some high security prison. Perhaps, Hammerhead broke them out, and that's why they're working for him.

And aside from the guy the Enforcers shot, no one died in the explosion. It was just Hammerhead's way of signaling his war against the Kingpin.

Last edited:
I guess so... It's certainly an excusable thing to have the Enforcers showing up without an explanation how they got out of jail. They are three of the coolest villains, in my opinion, next to Kingpin and Venom. I'm reserving my complete thoughts on Hammerhead, but he's gaining momentum... Anyway, yeah, I really liked that "Hero" issue with them bullying JJJ, so that's why I think they should be around. I'm not sure they do so hot as lackeys of Hammerhead's, but, hey they are back... Right? :) That should be a good thing.

I still haven't gotten it... Cap, how are you getting your issues when they come out? Have you given up the subscriptions?

Goodwill said:
I still haven't gotten it... Cap, how are you getting your issues when they come out? Have you given up the subscriptions?

yes, i quit subscriptions, as marvel comics deliver them slower than ever, and if i dont go to the comic store, midtown is the way to get....thats how i get my comics....now how i READ them ahead of time is different, thats sort of illegal to talk about on here...

Latest posts

Back