Ultimate Spider-Man # 79 (SPOILERS)

i hope it doesnt get repetative after like 4-5 issues it looks goon but the future of USM is pretty much depending on this arc i dont see how they witt make 7 issues but we'll kno when the oct solits come out in like week or whenever they do

Read the issue today. I throughely enjoyed it, it seemed to have a lot going for it. I'm actually more interested in Ultimate Hammerhead as oppsed to his 616 counterpart who never really went anywhere. I'm questioning whether killing off Silvermane was smart move, he was an influential villain in spidey's life and he is quickly killed off this issue for a well-done spectacle of Hammer.

Personally I prefer the "I died. It sucked." as oppsed to an explanation. It works for me better if I try to figure out how Hammer came back as opposed to be angry at a writer for making a "stupid retcon explaination".

Ultxon said:
Read the issue today. I throughely enjoyed it, it seemed to have a lot going for it. I'm actually more interested in Ultimate Hammerhead as oppsed to his 616 counterpart who never really went anywhere. I'm questioning whether killing off Silvermane was smart move, he was an influential villain in spidey's life and he is quickly killed off this issue for a well-done spectacle of Hammer.

Personally I prefer the "I died. It sucked." as oppsed to an explanation. It works for me better if I try to figure out how Hammer came back as opposed to be angry at a writer for making a "stupid retcon explaination".

Silvermane may come back as well, dont think he will just be offed that way.....

Like a lot of you, i've been feeling less excited about spider-man lately.. the hobgoblin arc didn't do much for me. The Ultimates always clearly overshined it for me, even though it used to be my favorite (USM), but this does indeed to be a good revamp of Spidey for me.

The classroom scene, even though it was a repeat more or less, was nice. And I liked the peter parker no more speech (because the whole spider-man no more was getting repetitive for me since the movies). Hammerhead was definately a lot cooler this timea round, and didn't look as lame as his 616 couterpart. Silvermane looked pretty damn cool too, actually. And I want to know what a TiVo is too.

Oh, and i definately don't think Moon Knight will talk in third person the whole series, that has got to be an intro speech or something.

Anyways, this is good so far. I hope it's kept up. But it's spider-man so i'll love it either way.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know that. But does anyone want to see it happen in the Ultimate Universe? I don't.

Ugh....NO.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't see the relation between the two but i know what you mean. I definitely don't want either of those things.

I thought you knew your history....silvermane was in a war between the kingpin for the tablet, hammerhead was his partner, hammerhead betrayed him and went out for his own purposes.....

It was an ok start; it was good to see that at least they had a decent inker this time around.

I know it was meant to be Elektra, but can we really tell? It was a silhouetted figure against the sky with longish hair.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought it was meant to be The Black Cat.

thats where it gets ifey, cuz Fisk had called in Elecktra to put people in there place and fear him, its hard to tell who the figure is.

Goodwill said:
Hey, looks like I came around at about the right time! Did they really have someone new do the inking?

Nope I just checked. It's all done by the team of Bendis, Bagley, Hanna, and j.d. smith (the guy you hate).

I miss Thibert. And the colorist from issue #twentysomething-#49. If they did 50 through 79 instead of Hanna and Smith, all those ****ty issues wouldn't be so ****ty.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know and the only person not mentioned in the issue that was brought up was BC. If it was Elektra you'd see a scarf somewhere.

It could be either or, or someone entirely different for that matter....rumors had cloak and dagger show up this arc so who really knows, but the shadow has me picturing black cat myself...

Latest posts

Back