Ultimate Spider-Man #85 (Spoiler)

the watcher

Ultimate Spider-Man #85 was a prety good issue. It rapped up a few questions. I mean Hammerhead & Moon Knght are in comas, Elektra might be dead, Black Cat finds out Spider-Man is just a kid, then spews on him, and Captian Jean DeWolfe works for the Kingpin. can't wait to find out what Dewolfe dose next.

Last edited:
Shocker ending. Didn't see that one coming. Good issue, overall, but Elektra's ability to beat anybody still seems over-the-top. (I'm still trying to figure out the previous issue's fight, when you basically had a ninja beating somebody with superhuman strength, speed, agility and instincts).

ME said:
Dini probably dies or maybe Sammy Silke. I don't know I can't see anyone dying just yet. Black Cat already bit it once so did Hammerhead. Elektra needs to be around for Daredevil *stop looking at me like that*, Shang-Chi/Iron Fist we have no attachment too and if he's going to kill off someone we don't care about to begin with it's gotta be the first two. Kingpin's his best villain and Bendis would be really stupid to kill him off. MoonKnight is going to keep appearing. DeWolff? I wouldn't really care at this givin point if she's dead or not. I'd still want to throw her in the traitor category.

That's right. You love me. I know there's another thread where I specifically said she worked for Kingpin in order for them to show a Kingpin/Corrupt Cop story. I can't find it though.

I read it and it was a good conclusion.... Iron Fist and Shang-Chi shouldn't have been in it at all. They were a waste. Elektra has a claw sticking out of the back of her head... :? along with MoonKnight they're both down for the count.

Spidey/Black Cat was hilarious. Good way to close that relationship too.

My only problem is the Gang War was centered in like 2 locations (3?).

5/5 Bendis has finally redeemed himself.

anyone that has read the issue can they please spoil me!! PM/IM or email me if you don't want to post it, but i won't get the issue until next week so...PLEASE!!!

Major Spoilers

After the preview you see Elektra try and leave but she gets punched by Black Cat. Elektra then beats the crap out of B.C and is about to finish her when Moon Knight with the last of his energy throws a moon blade into her head possibly killing her. (He now has his mask on). Black Cat then throws Elektra out the window like Elektra threw spidy. Black Cat then undoes the webbing holding Iron Fist and Shang-chi only to almost have her face smashed in my Iron fist, but is stopped by Shang-Chi. When the police come in all three of them are gone and moon knight is on the ground face down. Peter is then confronted by B.C. on a roof top where peter tells her to leave him alone, while B.C. tries and tells him she's had a life changing experience, but he wants none of it till she gets a little up close and personal. Asking him he wants to kiss, he answers 'little bit'. She takes offf the mask and Peter 'puckers up' only to have B.C. throw up on peter when she realizes he's just a kid and runs away. Then it goes to a scene with the kingpin and.......wait for it.....wait for it.....Captain Dewolfe. Then it goes to peter walking home dissipated where he's confronted by Aunt May...

Aunt May: did you skip school again today?

Peter: surprised look

Aunt May: I won't live in a house of lies. If I have to speak to you about this again I'm kicking you out. Can I be more clear? (Aunt May walks away with peters sad look)

Ace ending.

The Cat throwing up on Peter was a bit much, though.

And Elektra getting stuck in the head made me feel a little better about Spidey getting his butt kicked last issue.

Kudos to MwoF for predicting the deWolfe traitor bit. I was going to congratulate you but couldn't remember if it was you that said it.

This was a really good arc, and I'm glad. Elektra being alive is a little much after getting stabbed in the head, but it's a small complaint.

The Cat/Spidey scene was good, but I would have preferred her to keep up the lusty stuff for a while. Maybe she'll decide she's into younger dudes (Beavis & Butthead reference) and come back around.

So Peter/spider-man doesn't know that DeWolfe is bad (wouldn't his spider-sense be going off around her?) (or is that just in 616 version?)

Shihad said:
(wouldn't his spider-sense be going off around her?)

Not necessarily. It goes off when he's in immediately danger. It doesn't read people's minds.

What nobody is bringing up is the fact that Moon Knight might work for the CIA...

Or more likely, SHIELD.

I do think he works for the gov't though... but I think it'd be interesting for Bendis to introduce the CIA director as an opponent for Nick Fury.

I mean, SHIELD has had a monopoly on the Superhuman for far too long, isn't it likely that somebody else on capitol hill would head in that direction?

UltimateE said:
Kudos to MwoF for predicting the deWolfe traitor bit. I was going to congratulate you but couldn't remember if it was you that said it.

This was a really good arc, and I'm glad. Elektra being alive is a little much after getting stabbed in the head, but it's a small complaint.
Thanks E.

I agree about Elektra. I'd be totally pissed if she died but a blade to the head? I hope she doesn't turn into some half shaved butch female with half metal for a cranium

Shihad said:
So Peter/spider-man doesn't know that DeWolfe is bad (wouldn't his spider-sense be going off around her?) (or is that just in 616 version?)
That's more like a psychic power. Like E said immediate danger. DeWolff can't hurt Spider-Man physically.

Dr.Strangefate said:
What nobody is bringing up is the fact that Moon Knight might work for the CIA...

Or more likely, SHIELD.
Somebody brought up the fact... :twisted:

Dr.Strangefate said:
I do think he works for the gov't though... but I think it'd be interesting for Bendis to introduce the CIA director as an opponent for Nick Fury.
That'd actually be pretty cool. But isn't that leveling down SHIELD?

Shihad said:

he also has 'trust' for her.

TheManWithoutFear said:
DeWolff can't hurt Spider-Man physically.

More accurately, if she tried, he would know it. Not if she was scheming about it behind his back.

UltimateE said:
Not necessarily. It goes off when he's in immediately danger. It doesn't read people's minds.

Well in Amazing Spider-man, the Hydra Arc (dunno which number it was) his spider-sense was going off when he was following a guy (who was actually like the leader of Hydra (i think)). His spider sense was going off...... he wasn't in any danger then...... there have been times in 616 where his spider sense goes off around a person who is bad (like Norman Osborn, in the old days (and he wasn't planning on attacking him, cause Norman didn't know Peter was Spider-man))

I think who ever is writing him makes up his own rules on characters (eg Ultimate Iron Man :wink: )

Last edited:
Shihad said:
Well in Amazing Spider-man, the Hydra Arc (dunno which number it was) his spider-sense was going off when he was following a guy (who was actually like the leader of Hydra (i think)). His spider sense was going off...... he wasn't in any danger then...... there have been times in 616 where his spider sense goes off around a person who is bad (like Norman Osborn, in the old days (and he wasn't planning on attacking him, cause Norman didn't know Peter was Spider-man))

I think who ever is writing him makes up his own rules on characters (eg Ultimate Iron Man :wink: )

I think you're right. Those two cases you mentioned should not have happened.

Like I said, it doesn't read minds. It gives him warning when something bad is about to happen. It should never go off just because he's near a bad guy, only if that bad guy is about to make a move.

it has happened plenty of times in 616 continuity (once it detected the stiltman in his normal ID who he didn't recignise, but before he could put a tracer on him he was pickpocketed :p can't remember the issue though. it was an old ASM one i think)

Latest posts

Back