Ultimate Spider-Man #87 Discussion (Spoilers)

compound said:
... which is a perfect example of the useful concept of Krypto-revisionism :D

The most useful thing from that link is the discovery that there is a Wikipedia article titled : "Han Shot first"

Hell yeah, he did!

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
They're not updated or changed at all, much like Daredevil, Punisher, Man-Thing, etc. Bendis didn't really update anyone in UMTU. The one who got the biggest change was Ultimate Lizard, and that was only a minor cosmetic change.

Thanks. Man-Thing is the one I hope has real radical one, tying in with UFF. I'd like some variation of Daredevil, too. But we'll see.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Didn't anyone else pick this issue up today?

Alas, no, I missed out on my Ultimates and Marvel Zombie goodness due to work, so I'll have to pick it up this weekend.

E.Vi.L. said:
The most useful thing from that link is the discovery that there is a Wikipedia article titled : "Han Shot first"

Hel yeah, he did!

Really? I just thought Chewbacca farted.

Steve GMan said:
Thanks. Man-Thing is the one I hope has real radical one, tying in with UFF. I'd like some variation of Daredevil, too. But we'll see.

Well, like I said, there isn't much change, if any, between the 616 and Ultimate versions of those characters. Costume wise, origin wise, personality wise, they're pretty much carbon copies, something many Ultimate purists resent. Others like that aspect, its purely opinion.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Alas, no, I missed out on my Ultimates and Marvel Zombie goodness due to work, so I'll have to pick it up this weekend.
Me too. And also because of the freezing *** wind.

But I'll get my stack tomorrow. :D

icemastertron said:
Me too. And also because of the freezing *** wind.

But I'll get my stack tomorrow. :D

Shoot, bring a backpack for that huge pile you'll haul out of there...seriously man, I could pay rent on what you must spend on comics each month. Well, not really, but suffice it to say your pull list is huge.

DIrishB said:
Shoot, bring a backpack for that huge pile you'll haul out of there...seriously man, I could pay rent on what you must spend on comics each month. Well, not really, but suffice it to say your pull list is huge.
I dont need a bag for like, 7 comics or so. And yeah, you can't pay rent on what I pay monthly, which to say, there are others who get way more than I do.

Anywhos, back on topic.

icemastertron said:
I dont need a bag for like, 7 comics or so.

Is that all? For this week though, your month's pulls is probably around 30 books or so, no?

And yeah, you can't pay rent on what I pay monthly, which to say, there are others who get way more than I do.

There's no need to disprove a gross and sarcastic exaggeration.

Anywhos, back on topic.

You started it. ;)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Didn't anyone else pick this issue up today?

I got this. Everything was a bit busy, like Bendis had ADD. And only in a brief flashback did we see Parker actually being Spider-Man. This was one of those Leave it to Beaver capers where everything happens at school. The cliffhanger? He's got to open his backpack. Which will no doubt lead to people accusing him of trying to steal Fred "Flash" Thompson's thunder by pretending to be the webhead.

John Q. Public said:
I got this. Everything was a bit busy, like Bendis had ADD. And only in a brief flashback did we see Parker actually being Spider-Man. This was one of those Leave it to Beaver capers where everything happens at school..
I thought the issue was well done. I think Bendis really enjoys writing MJ post Hobgoblin where she's not an idiot. She's got a lot of substance now. And the whole "hey we're gonna throw Kitty in here" and then focusing more on MJ was just good writing. *Puts my fists up to defend*
John Q. Public said:
The cliffhanger? He's got to open his backpack. Which will no doubt lead to people accusing him of trying to steal Fred "Flash" Thompson's thunder by pretending to be the webhead.
That's actually a pretty good thought there.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought the issue was well done. I think Bendis really enjoys writing MJ post Hobgoblin where she's not an idiot. She's got a lot of substance now. And the whole "hey we're gonna throw Kitty in here" and then focusing more on MJ was just good writing. *Puts my fists up to defend*

*hands MWoF and John Q. Public a set of brass knuckles*

Get it done, here and now. Don't let him take your subnic away MWoF!!

I don't know what a subnic is. I do know that I would have liked this issue to have been more focused. So many players. And a big chunk of it was Pete daydreaming in the lunchroom.

John Q. Public said:
I don't know what a subnic is. I do know that I would have liked this issue to have been more focused. So many players. And a big chunk of it was Pete daydreaming in the lunchroom.

Pretty much every USM issue, except arc conclusions, feature Pete daydreaming somewhere, whether at school, work, home, or out webswinging. We've gotten 87 issues, you haven't caught onto the formula yet? Come on John Q., you're a smart guy.

i think i love about bendis and this book is hot it is so obvioius that peter and mj are perfect for each other. i was reading, and the kitty thing wasnt as much fun as it seemed, but then when peter was with mj, the dialogue was natural, and it was obvious they love each other, despite the fact that peter has a girlfriend now.

i feel like a big vagina every time i read this book, bc i love peter/mj reactions more than anything else

I thought this issue was "eh." Other than the stitch that Peter finds himself in with the police and MJ, I don't really like where this arc is going.

I thought the cliffhanger was one of the better ones Bendis has used on this book...

Latest posts

Back