Ultimate Spider-Man #87 Discussion (Spoilers)

UltimateE said:
I thought the cliffhanger was one of the better ones Bendis has used on this book...
I agree. We knew it was coming but the fact that the rest of the issue made you forget and then oops. I guess it would kinda be like Peter knowing the Police being there but he was just as surprised when they stopped him.

I'm thinking that when he said to MJ : "The costume stays in the backpack" it was a figure of speech and that he didn't even bring his costume to school, perhaps on Kitty's suggestion.

E.Vi.L. said:
I'm thinking that when he said to MJ : "The costume stays in the backpack" it was a figure of speech and that he didn't even bring his costume to school, perhaps on Kitty's suggestion.

That's what he said going into the school right?

I would actually love to see something like the cops take the backpack and put it on a table. Peter starts panicking and suddenly they show a panel of a phased hand coming through the wall and grabbing the backpack while the cops have their backs to it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's what he said going into the school right?

I would actually love to see something like the cops take the backpack and put it on a table. Peter starts panicking and suddenly they show a panel of a phased hand coming through the wall and grabbing the backpack while the cops have their backs to it.

Oooh - good one.

and people seeing it and being like AAAAAAAAAAH GHOST!

then people believe that spider-man is a ghost, thief, and haunting peter parker.

I haven't posted on here in months and all I have to say is...

Kitty Pryde is really hot.

Actually, I have more to say than that. Has anybody else noticed how Bagley's art has changed a bit in this issue? Like for instance, Peter and MJ looked a bit older than they have in previous issues. It's good to see his drawing's getting better. My only gripe with him was that mostly all of his females looked the same, but this issue was all "Wow... Kitty really looks different compared to MJ."

Tenyuki said:
I haven't posted on here in months and all I have to say is...

Kitty Pryde is really hot.

Actually, I have more to say than that. Has anybody else noticed how Bagley's art has changed a bit in this issue? Like for instance, Peter and MJ looked a bit older than they have in previous issues. It's good to see his drawing's getting better. My only gripe with him was that mostly all of his females looked the same, but this issue was all "Wow... Kitty really looks different compared to MJ."

Well yeah, Kitty looked different. Besides Bagley's eyes, I've never seen similarities in his characters. I do agree with you though even though Kitty's role seemed minor she did look good (and I don't mean hott). I was very impressed with the art this issue and Kitty is what made me realize how great it was. I think Bagley's sort of getting his edge back. (Then again someone's probably gonna tell me something about some other dynamic to the art team that I'm just ignorant too, like coloring.)

He's drawing style has been consistant, it's the inks and the colors that screw it all up. I'm enjoying this story more only because the quality of the art is back to the way it was during, say, the Venom arc.

Hmm... When I first saw the covers to the Silver Sable arc, with this issue in particular, I thought to myself "Wow, she looks like MJ, but with a different hair color."

It might be just me, then.

Well I personally am glad Pete is away from MJ, if this is supposed to be a whole new universe than he shouldn't have to be shackled to this MJ broad. Let's keep it moving and explore other emotional avenues, the thing with MJ didn't work out, so they are still friends. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Synch said:
Well I personally am glad Pete is away from MJ, if this is supposed to be a whole new universe than he shouldn't have to be shackled to this MJ broad. Let's keep it moving and explore other emotional avenues, the thing with MJ didn't work out, so they are still friends. I don't see anything wrong with that.

You're totally reading it the wrong way, I think. There's much more then a friendship here. Mary Jane was clearly written as if her relationship with Peter was far from over.

What I didn't like was the fact that Peter and MJ were smiling together in the issue. That's something you probably wouldn't see in real life. I know this is a comic, but Bendis is the Realist, right? :rollseye:

I like how Bagley draws Kitty, she's cute but not smoking hot, which is appropriate since she's still a teen and she's not exactly supposed to look extremey attractive, but someone beautiful that you can possibly see in real life, not like the overdeveloped ones you see in teen flicks. I wish Land would take cues from Bags. Not every attractive girl has to look like a supermodel.

You're absolutely right. The same goes for MJ, but that's because Bagley drew her in overalls the whole damn time Peter and her went out. No wonder they broke up...

Goodwill said:
What I didn't like was the fact that Peter and MJ were smiling together in the issue. That's something you probably wouldn't see in real life. I know this is a comic, but Bendis is the Realist, right? :rollseye:

Uh...I hang out with my ex all the time, and when I tell a joke we both smile or laugh. So, it happens in real life, yes. Not all break ups end up with people no longer being friends. The majority, sure, but nowhere near all.

DIrishB said:
Uh...I hang out with my ex all the time, and when I tell a joke we both smile or laugh. So, it happens in real life, yes. Not all break ups end up with people no longer being friends. The majority, sure, but nowhere near all.

agreed, im still friends with all my ex's except my latest. And i was friends with all of them straight after we broke up, so it does happen

Goodwill said:
Actually, in real life, Peter wouldn't have any girls at all because he's a nerd, and all high school girls look for are looks. Fact.

Latest posts

Back