Ultimate Spider-Man #88 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
It was decent.

The May think was such a kick to the balls because it just took us in circles.

Um anyway Peter gets away with the costume in his bag because Mark Raxton pulls a publicity stunt and dressed as Spider-Man runs through the halls screaming "Go see Molten-Man"... lame.

Peter stresses about his life and decides to tell Aunt May everything. Aunt May doesn't understand what Peter is trying to tell her and just think he's having a nervous breakdown. She reveals she hates Spider-Man. It was annoying... we got nothing from it.

Peter's talking to Kitty on the phone. Kitty's in her room and Bobby is harassing her. It was kinda cute. But she tells Peter to find Sable.

Flash is in his kitchen with his dad and a lawyer talking about the money that they should get from this whole kidnapping deal. Flash goes to his room because he's mad his dad can't accept 40,000 dollars. Spider-Man webs him up and gets nothing accomplished by going to Flash's house?

Spider-Man goes to the scene of the kidnapping and has a cool fight with the Wild Pack. Sable tricks him with her cell phone and Peter's knocked out again.

2/5 - Bad day for Ultimate Titles.

Ant-Man is referenced again... Peter doesn't even know who Ant-Man is. :roll: The way Peter got out of the situation was a terrible cop-out and I was gonna rip the comic up when I saw it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's annoying when it's in two Ultimate Titles and it seems like just something Pym said to Banner. "Just something to say" doesn't cut it. It doesn't make sense.
Doesn't have to. Just passes of as a throw-away line. Maybe the writers were trying to reference to Pym, but it's still just nothing with real true meaning. At least, that's how it came off to me.

icemastertron said:
Again, ant-man looks like it was something to just say. Nothing that has any true meaning.

Well the Defenders probably announced Ant-man or something like that.

Spade said:
was there anything good in the conclusion to visions?
It wasnt the conclusion, just part 5 of 6. What happen was Vision scaned the Earth for thoughts(?) to see what they have to work with, then there was a montafge of scenes praising Earth, cheesy but I enjoyed it. And Jean was talking to Wolverine about how extinction and thinks she shouldnt pass any oportunity, Wov stops her, and tells her not to do anything she would regret later.

Also did anyone else catch what Kitty said? "You know what? You'll save the planet from some big Earth-eating alien and everyone will love you." Hint, hint.

This issue also super-confirms that the video game ain't in continuity.

Sable and Spidey don't know each other at all.

Shockmuffin said:
This issue also super-confirms that the video game ain't in continuity.

Sable and Spidey don't know each other at all.

What the hell is Bendis' problem with continuity!?

Lynx said:
What the hell is Bendis' problem with continuity!?

As a small child, Brian Michael Bendis witnessed his family viciously gunned down by continuity. Ever since that fateful day, he has taken it upon himself to rid the world of continuity.

This issue sucked. I wish Peter told May. That would have turned this series on it's head, and really hammered home the differences between this universe and 616.

I'm actually glad that May didn't find out. It would have been forced. I think it's better off if she finds out in a different way, like she's kidnapped and witnesses the villain un-mask. Peter or something like that. But not with, "Aunt May, I'm really Spider-Man. How does that make you feel?"

well, i finnaly got my books and i must say i wasnt as dissapointed in this one as i thought i have somewhat of a guilty pleasure. It was entertaining and i liked that little gah lak tus tease from kitty it kind of gave me the chills. reading the last pages kind of made me angry because peter is dumb. but yea thats my thoughts on this issue the next one is sure to be good and after that VULTURE!!!!!:D

icemastertron said:
I'm actually glad that May didn't find out. It would have been forced. I think it's better off if she finds out in a different way, like she's kidnapped and witnesses the villain un-mask. Peter or something like that. But not with, "Aunt May, I'm really Spider-Man. How does that make you feel?"

Yeah that was the problem with Gwen Stacy, they reallt forced it out, would have turned out horrible. But I did really think she was going to find out as I was reading. But I liked how the issue was, and dont see what everyone is complaining about. It was great to see Spidey actually kicking the mercs *** instead of Sable just beating him up quickly.

And as for the game remeber the script for that was made well over 6 months ago, of course its not going to fit in nice and neat, The game should only be taken as face value. But sable does fit right if this takes place before the game

icemastertron said:
Gotta disagree there. I think it'd be cheese to have a villain unmasked him in regards to Aunt May. The Aunt May/Peter Parker relationship is more personal than that. If Peter was ever outed to the public it should be done that way. Not with Aunt May.

Yeah, I'm still mad Sable and Peter don't know each other.

Random said:
Well the Defenders probably announced Ant-man or something like that.
That sorta makes sense. Or wait. AM I being a total idiot? Did Pym say he was gonna be "Ant-Man" with the Defenders but accidently became Giant-Man when they lost control of the situation with the teenagers?

And if Peter Parker is the sole reason they defeat Galactus.... :roll:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Gotta disagree there. I think it'd be cheese to have a villain unmasked him in regards to Aunt May. The Aunt May/Peter Parker relationship is more personal than that. If Peter was ever outed to the public it should be done that way. Not with Aunt May.
Anything would be better than Peter admitting he's Spider-Man in a situation like in this issue.

i would be a happy camper if peter defeated gah lak tus. I still think it has something to do with Geldoff because of that whole interview saying he ties into a big Ultimate Universe event starting last december (which was the original release date of Secret) maybe peter will remember him or something

icemastertron said:
Anything would be better than Peter admitting he's Spider-Man in a situation like in this issue.
Under the circumstances, I'd want the reveal to Aunt May to be in it's own little one shot but really, nothing else is better than that way. If it was at home and he told her, it'd be the most ideal situation. I had a problem with Peter going to her office. I mean did he want to let her coworkers in on it too?

And regarding Kitty hitting Bobby. Can she has her arm and solidify her fist? That confused me.

Latest posts

Back