Ultimate Spider-Man #89 Discussion (Spoilers)

ultimatedjf said:
I'm glad to see you liked the issue, Ultxon. It would seem that the number of USM supporters are few and far between... :D
Don't worry, there's another one right here. It's the only book I subscribe to. :D

I liked the issue, I would give it a 7 out of 10 too.

Good things:
The art was very good, Bagley seems to be drawing better the last couple of issues. Nice watercolor on the flashbacks too.

Nice touch with SHIELD. That could pull Peter out of some tough spots like it did here.

And very nice touch with Peter saving Roxxon. That was the best part of the comic.

Stuff I didn't care for:
Sable as a Gwen clone. That cheapens her character - we need more backstory and it needs to focus on her quest to bring Nazis to justice.

Roxxon as a punk teen. The previous few issues, he's seemed like a powerful man, which made for some good build-up. Remember when a few issues ago he said that if Sable didn't clean the situation up, he was going to hire someone to take care of her? Then poof! That Roxxon is gone and we get the goon who not only had a mullet, but forgets that Sable agreed to COMP the whole job and lets Sable push him around like a freshman! On the same vein, Sable seems incompetent and weak until this issue, when she's suddenly the queen of the castle.

Peter being unmasked - again. Bendis has just gone to that bag too much to have it have any effect. There no reason Sable wouldn't sell the info that Spider Man is a brown haired boy from a certain high school. Peter should rightfully be dead by now.

I wanna be done with this Roxxon stuff and move onto the upcoming arc with Shadowcat and the X-men. The interpersonal stuff is a major highlight for me. I miss it when it's not around.

gondee said:
Roxxon as a punk teen. The previous few issues, he's seemed like a powerful man, which made for some good build-up. Remember when a few issues ago he said that if Sable didn't clean the situation up, he was going to hire someone to take care of her? Then poof! That Roxxon is gone and we get the goon who not only had a mullet, but forgets that Sable agreed to COMP the whole job and lets Sable push him around like a freshman! On the same vein, Sable seems incompetent and weak until this issue, when she's suddenly the queen of the castle.
Forgot about that. Pretty inconsistent I guess but I have to disagree I don't need another pyscho with power. I think the incompetent business man is a nice add to the mix.

Ihavent read it yet but..hes unmasked AGAIN?..my god is there anyone who doesnt know hes spider-man? it makes him look weak

Venom Melendez said:
Ihavent read it yet but..hes unmasked AGAIN?..my god is there anyone who doesnt know hes spider-man? it makes him look weak

He IS weak though. In his own eyes he is a colossal failure driven only by guilt. He barely keeps himself and his life together.

UltimateE said:
He IS weak though. In his own eyes he is a colossal failure driven only by guilt. He barely keeps himself and his life together.

And that's the driving factor on why I read this line. I'm just waiting for the issue to come that he just finally breaks.

Aunt May knows
MJ is almost killed......again
He's outted to the public

It's like he's a speeding out of control train on the railroad of life.........and I see the nickel on the tracks. I know that there's gonna be an accident....but I can't turn away.

I liked the issue, it was good wholesome fun, if you ask me. If any of you didn't realize this yet It's supposed to be, out of all the ultimate titles USM is the comic relief. They constantly make some joke or remark about something, or are making fun of something or other. For example in this issue, after they told the story of Roxxon and Silver Sable, they did a sort of comical version of the Peter Parker story. The Peter Parker version was not necessary, because we all know his story, they put it in there because it's amusing.

Good issue !!

Liked the storybook mode, especially dumbo Roxxon's !!

Gutted that Spidey got unmasked yet again, it's just not right, but at least S.H.I.E.L.D are on the case for what they're worth !!

Loved the look of Ultimate Vulture, can't wait for the big scrap next issue !!

Filling a gap in my USM history at the moment, hence this post :)
(issue 72 uk)

3/5

Good issue !!

Liked the storybook mode, especially dumbo Roxxon's !!

Gutted that Spidey got unmasked yet again, it's just not right, but at least S.H.I.E.L.D are on the case for what they're worth !!

Loved the look of Ultimate Vulture, can't wait for the big scrap next issue !!

Filling a gap in my USM history at the moment, hence this post :)
(issue 72 uk)

3/5

Dude, we stopped caring about this book like 40 issues ago. ;-)

Haha

Yes I'm sure, which was why I was a bit wary of posting but hey, its a forum so I thought... "F*** it"

I just wanted to say, that I thought this arc has been not too bad so far !!

One issue left and I'm looking forward to the resolution, mainly because at the moment I'm heavily interested in anything S.H.I.E.L.D related !! :)

Roll on Ultimates 3 (or ultimates saga)

2006 signing off :)

I dropped USM after the Silver Sable arc. It was lucky to survive so long.

Haha

Yes I'm sure, which was why I was a bit wary of posting but hey, its a forum so I thought... "F*** it"

It's OK, no problem. All I'm saying is that you might not get many responses.

Latest posts

Back