Ultimate Spider-Man #97 discussion (spoilers)

I read the issue today in shop. And E is right. This is a whole new level for Kitty in how immature she's acting. It's as if she should be the only person Peter has to confine to. Jeez what a clingy.

Other than that, I thought it was a pretty good issue. The whole thing with the Peter clone being Scorpion doesn't really bother me too much, but I think it was handled good.

4/5

Ice said:
I read the issue today in shop. And E is right. This is a whole new level for Kitty in how immature she's acting. It's as if she should be the only person Peter has to confine to. Jeez what a clingy.
What am I missing here guys? Seriously Kitty was a pain in the *** during Deadpool. This isn't the first time she's acting immature.

Ice said:
Other than that, I thought it was a pretty good issue. The whole thing with the Peter clone being Scorpion doesn't really bother me too much, but I think it was handled good.
I think you should reword that. I don't think it was handled "good". I don't think it was handled "bad" either. But how many ways are you gonna introduce clone Peter/Scorpion then with a fight scene, some weird rambling on and on, and then the big reveal?

TheManWithoutFear said:
What am I missing here guys? Seriously Kitty was a pain in the *** during Deadpool. This isn't the first time she's acting immature.
Yes, this is not the first time, but this is the first time she's done it THIS bad.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think you should reword that. I don't think it was handled "good". I don't think it was handled "bad" either. But how many ways are you gonna introduce clone Peter/Scorpion then with a fight scene, some weird rambling on and on, and then the big reveal?
Reword it? Because I don't have it the same as you I should change MY opinion to yours? No thanks. Buh-bye now.

ultimatedjf said:
I thought this was a really good issue. Better than Morbius and Deadpool so far.

Even Ultimate Iron Man was better than than Deadpool.

That's right.

TheManWithoutFear said:

I just broke the Internet in half with that one. It's true though.

E said:
I just broke the Internet in half with that one. It's true though.

E, don't take this the wrong way. We love what you've done for us with this whole message board thing. But I think you're showing signs that it's really taking a toll on you.

I think it's time you consider retirement. Sure, we'll let you hang around the site still. It'll be run by Ice or run to the ground by me (Hell's Kitchen.com anyone?). But that's not until after we fight to the death for it. Yeah, you'll be around but I'm afraid you're gonna have to deal with going from big toe to Lil Kis status (that's a fair comparison since you just compared a friggin' USM arc to UIM). We'll just sort've nod our heads and smile when you come around though. I won't blast you like I did with... "it". Because although you've lost your edge, I still have the utmost respect for you.

My turd was better than Deadpool.

E.Vi.L. said:
We all expected a clone. Just like I was kinda expecting to see Aliens and Predators in AVP.

I'm still kinda intrigued about the who (is behind it) and the why.

Peter/Kitty are falling apart faster than expected. I hope they fix this 'cause if Peter gets back with MJ I'd rather it was as a young adult (basically in a long while). But it doesn't look like it right now. Stick with it Bendis!

Actualy they are planing on doing a love triangle where peter cant decide who he wants after the clone saga so he will stick with it.....for a while anyway...though i do hope peter falls in love with his female clone that be so ****ed up lol.

This issue was mediocre at best.

I'm not sure how I feel about the relationship/love triangle happening here. I feel this should've been what happened in the Deadpool arc, you know? Peter could have easily weighed out the situation - he would potentially get MJ in danger, however, Kitty is, in a way, putting Peter in front of speeding car. Now, it's just too sappy.

More on this later...

It was cool seeing Mark Raxton, by the way.

Goodwill said:
I'm not sure how I feel about the relationship/love triangle happening here.
It's simple. Peter becomes conflict about which girl he wants. In the meantime, his clone steals one girl and the other becomes a lesbian(I let you figure out which is which). Peter is then left to fight the bad guys, and in the end has no women. Except for an interesting new woman who looks suspiciously like Gwen Stacy....

MaxwellSmart said:
It's simple. Peter becomes conflict about which girl he wants. In the meantime, his clone steals one girl and the other becomes a lesbian(I let you figure out which is which). Peter is then left to fight the bad guys, and in the end has no women. Except for an interesting new woman who looks suspiciously like Gwen Stacy....
Lil Kis? That you in there?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't know what's worse. The direction the Ultimate Clone saga is heading or the speculations.

Right now....the speculations.

All issues beginning an arc are pretty bland because its all just set-up. With this being Bendis's big thing right now...I'm hoping that he keeps up the decency.

MaxwellSmart said:

I never said I didn't GET the triangle... :) I knew all THAT was gonna happen!

Ok, so here's the rest of my criticism...

The Scorpion - Peter's Clone? How many characters is Bendis willing to throw away? I mean, when a character is introduced in the UU, there is an enormous amount of potential... Even if the character is something of a grunt (Shocker, for example). I don't see why Bendis would disregard what would be more entertaining in the long run for shock value for one page. Seriously - were we surprised the Scorpion turned out to be Peter? No... I don't think I could count the number of people who guessed that on my fingers OR toes. What Bendis should have done is reintroduce Carnage and have someone actually UNDER the blood red skin, or reintroduce something we are familiar with and modify it... So that there won't be any loose ends.

Anyway... From what I got from Scorpion's non-sense, he's working for someone who wants Peter to reveal his identity to everyone. This person doesn't seem to know who Spider-Man is, or would just like to reveal his identity to everyone else. BORING.

And what is with MJ's kidnapper? No gloves? Hiding in a closet? How good is this guy, really?

Goodwill said:
I never said I didn't GET the triangle... :) I knew all THAT was gonna happen!

Ok, so here's the rest of my criticism...

The Scorpion - Peter's Clone? How many characters is Bendis willing to throw away? I mean, when a character is introduced in the UU, there is an enormous amount of potential... Even if the character is something of a grunt (Shocker, for example). I don't see why Bendis would disregard what would be more entertaining in the long run for shock value for one page. Seriously - were we surprised the Scorpion turned out to be Peter? No... I don't think I could count the number of people who guessed that on my fingers OR toes. What Bendis should have done is reintroduce Carnage and have someone actually UNDER the blood red skin, or reintroduce something we are familiar with and modify it... So that there won't be any loose ends.

Anyway... From what I got from Scorpion's non-sense, he's working for someone who wants Peter to reveal his identity to everyone. This person doesn't seem to know who Spider-Man is, or would just like to reveal his identity to everyone else. BORING.

And what is with MJ's kidnapper? No gloves? Hiding in a closet? How good is this guy, really?
You make very good points. Especially on the kidnapper. The hiding in the closet isn't really bad, but the no glove thing? That's bad. He's leaving evidence on MJ and anything he's touched.

Ice said:
You make very good points. Especially on the kidnapper. The hiding in the closet isn't really bad, but the no glove thing? That's bad. He's leaving evidence on MJ and anything he's touched.

Unless it's Wolverine. Then he don't need no gloves cuz "he's the best at what he does......and right now, what he does is kidnap teenage girls." :lol:

Latest posts

Back