Ultimate Spider-Man: Requiem (Spoilers)

I dislike Jeph Loeb's writing. It lacks the sophistication or maturity that Warren Ellis and Millar have consistently. Grant Morrison I cannot speak about because I haven;t read anything of his. This universe needs new writers of the Millar/Ellis talent for sure. I have to ask the question: Are we being too picky?

Not at all, this is not only a series and character that we love that worried about. We're also paying good money for ****, there's nothing wrong with wanted at least decent quality for your dollar

this universe was created to be of a crisper higher quality with a much tighter core focus.

now it looks likes its being written by 5th graders.

The new cover to #1:

1235775322.jpg

That looks really nice. But isn't that the cover to Volume 2 #1?
No, the Ultimate Panel from Wonder Con report on CBR says it's for USM: Requiem #1, which would make sense since in the preview books it says the newspaper clipping covers aren't the actual covers to the two-part mini.

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man Requiem #1-2

Every time I see Immonen and Bendis' take on the Ultimatum Wave disaster, I completely buy the pitch of the series. The idea of a giant, sudden disaster wiping the city of Manhatten out and resulting in scores of death has teeth.

Unfortunately, Loeb's written everything in an absolutely ridiculous way. The death's arn't even related to the pitch. Hank Pym, Wasp, Strange, Thor...none of them worth anything.

I love the line about Tony Stark. They don't wonder if he's alive because his status is currently fighting Magneto in a story about gratuitous death, they wonder because a giant ****ing wave hit Manhatten.

Such a disaster is MORE THAN ENOUGH OF A HOOK FOR A STORY ABOUT DEFYING EXPECTATIONS. All the collateral damage, a New York being rebuilt from the ground up in the midst of new stories featuring the current characters, and, sure, some random death a'la Nightcrawler, Dazzler, and Angel (who should've drowned). That's what the series should have been.

Last edited:

Well we didn't See a body in Issue #133 of Ultimate Spider-Man or in Ultimatum issue #4. Unless Bendis decided to show the body in this story. He could always have him come back and say that Peter was blasted to another dimention. Undoing what Loeb did for at least Spider-Man.

Last edited:

Well we didn't See a body in Issue #133 of Ultimate Spider-Man or in Ultimatum issue #4. Unless Bendis decided to show the body in this story. He could always have him come back and say that Peter was blasted to another dimention. Undoing what Loeb did for at least Spider-Man.

Part of what made Ultimate Spider-Man exciting was the Universe he lived in and his interactions within it. That Universe is dead, replaced by Loeb and Millar's half-assed stories.

I know Ultimate Avengers hasn't been released, but the pitches sound horribly lame.

Those first few pages of the preview are promising. The devastation of New York; Jameson, Urich, and Robertson's reactions to it; Jameson's flashback to the night before when it finally dawned on him he's been wrong about Spider-Man all along...I'm actually really looking forward to this one. And it'll be nice to see the first volume of this series go out with both artists responsible for it (Bagley and Immonen). This will definitely be the first book I read on Wednesday.

so according to the marvel.com solits for sept all the requiems are going to be collected into one hard cover. I hope they still are going to to release a volume of USM in hc with these in it, b/c I'm not interested in buying the requiems for UXM or UFF in hc.

So I read an interview with Bendis today. He said in these two issues we will see if Peter lived or not.

So I read an interview with Bendis today. He said in these two issues we will see if Peter lived or not.

I read that today, too. And if that's the case, then I'm predicting he'll be alive, but in some type of (S.H.I.E.L.D.?) containment facility. That'll keep him busy for the first few arcs of Volume 2 so we can get to know this "new" Spider-Man.

Every time I see Immonen and Bendis' take on the Ultimatum Wave disaster, I completely buy the pitch of the series. The idea of a giant, sudden disaster wiping the city of Manhatten out and resulting in scores of death has teeth.

Unfortunately, Loeb's written everything in an absolutely ridiculous way. The death's arn't even related to the pitch. Hank Pym, Wasp, Strange, Thor...none of them worth anything.

I love the line about Tony Stark. They don't wonder if he's alive because his status is currently fighting Magneto in a story about gratuitous death, they wonder because a giant ****ing wave hit Manhatten.

Such a disaster is MORE THAN ENOUGH OF A HOOK FOR A STORY ABOUT DEFYING EXPECTATIONS. All the collateral damage, a New York being rebuilt from the ground up in the midst of new stories featuring the current characters, and, sure, some random death a'la Nightcrawler, Dazzler, and Angel (who should've drowned). That's what the series should have been.

This.

Hurm.

I saw the comic in the shop today. I started reading it and got too bored to continue.

The Jonah/Bugle stuff is great, and the MJ/Tony Stark interview. Unfortunately then the majority of the comic is a flashback/ 'untold' tale/Iron Man team-up thing. With Ult Hydra making their rather underwhelming and pointless debut. As Immonen drew the good, relevant stuff and Bagley drew the filler, I suspect that this actually was a framing device for a rejected story from a couple of years back. Rejected for good reason.

So I broke down and against my better judgment I bought this book. It was ok.

When did Ult Iron Man become 616 Iron man? U3?

I preferred the original Ult Iron Man armor and I liked the idea that Stark didn't carry his armor in a briefcase (How did his helmet ever fit in that thing?) and he actually needed a team of people and a few minutes to "launch" him.

Now it seems he sports 616 armor and can change into it in seconds all by himself.

Latest posts

Back