Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem (iPod/iPhone game)

And here I was, getting my hopes up that it was a current-gen Ultimate Spidey game...

Yeah, this looks pretty good. I wish there was an iPad version though.

And here I was, getting my hopes up that it was a current-gen Ultimate Spidey game...

That'd be nice. I'd like to see a sequel to the first console version, I enjoyed it.

This may or may not be a semi-sequel, an adaptation or re-hash of the first game, or its own thing. We'll see once they release the plot details.

E said:
Yeah, this looks pretty good. I wish there was an iPad version though.

Give it time...I don't see why they wouldn't get around to it, as this looks like it'll be a pretty worthwhile game to play.

So this game came out earlier this week. I just downloaded it to my iPod and played the first level. I'm impressed (though that isn't saying much).

The graphics are impressive for an iPod/iPhone game, and even more impressive are the tight controls and vast array of combat and movement abilities.

The story actually seems like it could fit into the Ultimate continuity without screwing anything up (unlike the USM console game)--though I'll wait until playing through the whole game before adding it to the timeline. The story is simple but so far makes sense: something seems to have attacked the Triskelion, allowing some of Spider-Man's enemies to escape and wreak havoc on the city. Your job is to round them up, obviously.

I'll post a more thorough review after I play the game some this weekend.

I'm holding off until the iPad version comes out. And I'm expecting all versions to go on sale for Christmas (maybe even Thanksgiving).

So I beat this game after a few days of playing it. I enjoyed it. The combat and movement mechanics were simple, but worked well to create a dynamic, interesting sense of gameplay. The story was basic and insipidly stupid, but I can forgive that thanks to the gameplay.

It does fit into Ultimate continuity, though.

Latest posts

Back