Ultimate Spiderman #102 discussion (Spoilers)

"the monsters unleashed during the arc" ..Gwen and MJ. That just makes me angry to hear them referred to as so. As I totally want to see the "perfect" male clone too. That would solve the Kitty/MJ mess...two Peters! lol
wow now thats an idea and it explains why peters with kitty in ultimate power!

Her being safe and her becoming a character from Peter's Rogues Gallery are two vastly different things, or did you not read Legacy where MJ was thrown off a bridge? She wasn't safe then, they had to make her Demogoblin to prove she wasn't safe?

That she's not safe period. She can be caught up in Peter's other life at anytime which is something Peter really didn't believe was true as long as he stayed away from her and went swinging around rooftops with Kitty Pryde.

Ok, so my first time posting on Ultimate Central. Good for me. I figured I'd stat on an Ultimate Spidey thread, seeing as how the clone saga is getting so much controversy.

Before I get into all of the stuff I have to say (and by that I mean almost nothing) I'll get this in; I agree with (almost) everyone...If Bendis' mind had an anus then the Clone Saga would be the giant dump that it just took. Everyone's already gone over all of the reasons, "MJ is a goblin, Gwen is Carnage, blah blah blah..." so I'll just sit here and not write anything else of substance about it.

HOWEVER, I don't see what this facination with Mary Jane is all about. She's annoying. Look, I love 616 MJ too, but I don't see why that love has to carry over into Bendis' trainwreck of a Spidey Comic. I honestly hate that she was made into a giant hairy beast thing (What are you guys calling it now? A goblin? Man-wolf? Whatever...) but I just really want her to die. "OMG I got thrown of a bridge and I'm sad, feel sorry for me..." Yeah, big deal. I'm tired of her clinging to Peter like she owns him and I'm tired of her crazy and erratic behavior and all of the drama that comes with it. I'd Rather see Peter with almost anyone else. Hell, he can hook up that female clone of himself for all I care. In my mind it's better than MJ.

"LOL BUT MJ DOSN'T CARE ABOUT THE BRIDGE ANYMORE, SHE JUST WANTS TO BE WITH PETER ROFL"

Yeah. Whatever. She's still annoying. I can't Imagine what was going through Bendis' mind. "You know what USM needs? More annoying teenage whores. Oh! And we can make one of them a giant sasquatch thing. The fans will LOVE that."

Ok, so my first time posting on Ultimate Central. Good for me. I figured I'd stat on an Ultimate Spidey thread, seeing as how the clone saga is getting so much controversy.

Before I get into all of the stuff I have to say (and by that I mean almost nothing) I'll get this in; I agree with (almost) everyone...If Bendis' mind had an anus then the Clone Saga would be the giant dump that it just took. Everyone's already gone over all of the reasons, "MJ is a goblin, Gwen is Carnage, blah blah blah..." so I'll just sit here and not write anything else of substance about it.

HOWEVER, I don't see what this facination with Mary Jane is all about. She's annoying. Look, I love 616 MJ too, but I don't see why that love has to carry over into Bendis' trainwreck of a Spidey Comic. I honestly hate that she was made into a giant hairy beast thing (What are you guys calling it now? A goblin? Man-wolf? Whatever...) but I just really want her to die. "OMG I got thrown of a bridge and I'm sad, feel sorry for me..." Yeah, big deal. I'm tired of her clinging to Peter like she owns him and I'm tired of her crazy and erratic behavior and all of the drama that comes with it. I'd Rather see Peter with almost anyone else. Hell, he can hook up that female clone of himself for all I care. In my mind it's better than MJ.

"LOL BUT MJ DOSN'T CARE ABOUT THE BRIDGE ANYMORE, SHE JUST WANTS TO BE WITH PETER ROFL"

Yeah. Whatever. She's still annoying. I can't Imagine what was going through Bendis' mind. "You know what USM needs? More annoying teenage whores. Oh! And we can make one of them a giant sasquatch thing. The fans will LOVE that."

The greatest first post ever.

Before I get into all of the stuff I have to say (and by that I mean almost nothing) I'll get this in; I agree with (almost) everyone...If Bendis' mind had an anus then the Clone Saga would be the giant dump that it just took.

That's good for Post of the Day.

Welcome. Stick around. :D

i got all my comics in yesterday. and i havn't bothered to read the last 200+ post here in this thread cuz most of you hate it and its not hard to tell.

but i'm liking this, NOT in the whole USM thing. but as a story line. it has some very interesting concepts and very wonderful ideas. (however far fetched they maybe). in the long haul i think this might stand the test of time, we'll see how he ends it. but some of the kids that buy this from me are REALLY digging this.

That is all.

p.s. a female peter without the mind wipe? :roll:

i got all my comics in yesterday. and i havn't bothered to read the last 200+ post here in this thread cuz most of you hate it and its not hard to tell.

but i'm liking this, NOT in the whole USM thing. but as a story line. it has some very interesting concepts and very wonderful ideas. (however far fetched they maybe). in the long haul i think this might stand the test of time, we'll see how he ends it. but some of the kids that buy this from me are REALLY digging this.

That is all.

p.s. a female peter without the mind wipe? :roll:

Huh huh huh. You said "wipe".

spider-woman was said to be Phase 5 of the project, three of the other five phases have been seen (phase one probably being tarantula, phase 2 scorpion, phase 3 kaine), assuming the stacy project was a seperate project, what could be phase 4?, spider-girl was mentioned in that article with bendis, but then none of them could really be confused with peter as it was said in the above article, could it be! no way, ultimate scarlet spider! as in a perfect clone of peter, because phases 1-3 were incomplete, phase 4 must've been a perfect copy allowing them to tamper with the chromozome's to make phase 5

i may just be so desperate to see an ultimate scarlet spider that i am readin to much into that line but you never know!
ok, but has anyone thought of this? We all say Richard is a clone, but of who? He was shown with the others as they exited their cells, leading us to believe he may be one. He says he is a doctor who was working on a cure to save cancer, yet when he is faced with a doctor-needed situation, he says he didn't know what to do. He repeats that phrase too, as if he is realizing that he can't do anything, yet he is a doctor. We have said he may be either (a the original Carnage fully IDK, complete? or (b he is a clone of the carnage. I haven't seen this anywhere else, but what if Richard Parker is an older clone of Peter Parker?
Reaons that I think support this:
(1. At least Jessica Drew was created and grew in one month. It seems that the others may have been like this also.
(2. Drew was phase 5. Like others have said, what if phase 4 was a succesful clone. Since they had done things to the other 3, why not speed up the aging process. Adult Peter Parker has an uncanny resemblence with his dad.
(3. It seems as if the CIA has used Cassandra Webb before. She wipes any memory of Peter from Richard, and plant false memories. The whole memory of being accosted by the CIA was planted.
(4. Richard goes after Gwen, because she is Carnage. If he is a clone, then he thinks it's his responsibility to go after her, since he was the one who indirectly created her. An example is Kaine going after MJ, because he believes it's his responsibility to protect her.
(5. As stated above, he believes himself to be a doctor. Yet he didn't know what to do when he was left with Aunt May. He was shattered by this..realization?

So I'm guessing that Richard Parker isn't Peter's dad, but an older clone of himslef. He may discover this. I can't remember who, but someone posted a quote that said at the end, who is the Peter Parker behind the mask? The first four couldn't pull it off, because of distinguishing features. (I don't think Kaine could, cause his face is torn, which would probably get caught in the mask or something.) Everyone thinks Spider-Man is an adult. Well, what if Richard takes on the role of Spider-Man, once he realized who he really is. Then this could let Peter live his life also.

This is just a theory, and I do and don't want it to be true. But it could explain some things, IMO, and bring in Scarlet Spider, though I really don't care if he appears or not; it would just be a bonus, though the Clone Saga isn't much on giving us bonuses.

Last edited:
*bows down to darkspider16*

That's actually a well-observed, rational explanation for Richard's identity -- too bad I have ZERO faith in Bendis, at this point, to deliver anything quite so sensible.

Still, great theory!

Well, ten years down the line, if USM still exists after this year, someone can retcon it. That always happens.

*bows down to darkspider16*

That's actually a well-observed, rational explanation for Richard's identity -- too bad I have ZERO faith in Bendis, at this point, to deliver anything quite so sensible.

Still, great theory!

I completely agree. If Richard is an older clone of Peter, that'd be pretty cool. It would also explain why the original Carnage clone (Who was supposed to be of Peter) looked like Richard. Who knows what Bendis plans to do, though. . .

Probably my favourite part of this issue is the Fantastic Four coming to help Peter. I thought it was a sweet moment of hope in a time where everything was going to **** for Pete.

Count me in as one of those who liked Spider-Woman. The only thing of her I've ever seen was the seventies cartoon, so maybe that has something to do with it. Speaking of her... when Spider-Woman first wakes up in her flashback, you can see Doc Ock standing between a nurse and a soldier in the background.

Wasn't he in SHIELD custody at that point? Did the CIA break him out of the Triskelion or what? They couldn't have transferred him officially, since the CIA doesn't want SHIELD to know about their clone projects.

Wasn't he in SHIELD custody at that point? Did the CIA break him out of the Triskelion or what? They couldn't have transferred him officially, since the CIA doesn't want SHIELD to know about their clone projects.

I think there's something more about the SHIELD/CIA relationship than meets the eye. . .

Interesting theory. But Richard not knowing what to do is no indication of hid identity. Richard Parker is a biologist and a chemists. He worked on increasing a body's ability to help its self and clones. So there's no reason he should know what to do with a heart attack, not all doctors are medicatal or treat patients. But looking through this issue I did notice when the clones got out and were standing around Richard was there to. The main flaw in this theory would be why give him Richard's identity?

Well, why clone peter parker? I think that there are more better choices, such as Captain America, the recipient of the Super-Solider formula. And besides, most people know cpr, yet it seems he did nothing. The only reason I think they'd have Richard Parker as his name is that they may want Richard Parker as one of their own, but since he's dead, make a clone of his son. Also, if Spider-Man's dad is working for the government, then there is more control over Spider-Man.

Latest posts

Back