Ultimate Spiderman #102 discussion (Spoilers)

Yeah, that came later though. I'm talking the next two issues immediately following the incident - no mention.

There should have been an arc of just Peter dealing with that.

Sorry. I'm dragging this off topic.

Eh,We already talked al there is to talk about on Issue 102.

So...who else thinks that reading 103 will be more painful than masterbating with sandpaper?

you masturbate with sandpaper?!?! that explains why you have all these ideas, not that they are wrong. But I don't really see Norman killing MJ. He tried and failed. Bendis would just be retrying his thrown off the bridge scene. Now someone like Doc Ock could do it. He's definetly evil enough in USM, and I have this image of him tearing her in half with his extra arms.

Whatever. I honestly don't care. Flash Thompson can kill Mary Jane. Captain America can kill Mary Jane. I just don't want to ever hear from her ever again.

But there's a difference between Gwen and MJ. MJ's been a staple part of Peter's life that she will never be killed.

Not in a cannon comic anyways.
This comic was launched to bring in new readers right? So if he intended to kill MJ off, or replace her, why did he call her MJ? Any new fan will know that Spider-man's wife is named MJ, and he loves her, ( thanks to ASM, and the movies )
and will expect Ultimate Peter to love her, or eventually end up with her. She's been made such an integral part of the series that they can't just kill her off easily.
And random question: For new readers coming into the series after Spider-man 3, ( cause face it, the movies DO help the comics ) and them having no prior knowledge of Spider-man are going to be like :"who the heck is Kitty Pryde?" and why isn't he with MJ? So may that affect the future? Bendis said it wasn't intentional, but Venom will be appearing and anchoring towards Spider-man 3. ( And also there was the entire Hollywood arc, and the events of Legacy was similar to Spider-man 1, in that MJ was taken to the bridge to get at Peter )

This comic was launched to bring in new readers right? So if he intended to kill MJ off, or replace her, why did he call her MJ? Any new fan will know that Spider-man's wife is named MJ, and he loves her, ( thanks to ASM, and the movies )
and will expect Ultimate Peter to love her, or eventually end up with her. She's been made such an integral part of the series that they can't just kill her off easily.
And random question: For new readers coming into the series after Spider-man 3, ( cause face it, the movies DO help the comics ) and them having no prior knowledge of Spider-man are going to be like :"who the heck is Kitty Pryde?" and why isn't he with MJ? So may that affect the future? Bendis said it wasn't intentional, but Venom will be appearing and anchoring towards Spider-man 3. ( And also there was the entire Hollywood arc, and the events of Legacy was similar to Spider-man 1, in that MJ was taken to the bridge to get at Peter )

You forget Gwen is also apearing in Spider-man 3 as a rival top MJ's affection.

And im assuiming anyone who wacth SM3 would have probably wach XM3 wich oviously know who kitty is(or at the very least go''Isnt that the chick from X-men?'') i mean my cousin doesnt read comics and she knows kitty.

But there's a difference between Gwen and MJ. MJ's been a staple part of Peter's life that she will never be killed.

Not in a cannon comic anyways.

616 MJ was a *****, and 616 Gwen was a sweetheart originally.

Gwen's death came out of nowhere for that time. So it's not impossible Bendis would kill MJ.

That said, I've by far, loved Ultimate MJ more that 616 MJ.

Some call her *****y and whiny, but I don't see her that way.

Someone a few pages back said something like "Ohh she was thrown off of a bridge, get over it!"

Well, I knew a dude that had a mental breakdown and a panic attack that almost killed him a year after 9-11. And he didn't know a single person that died in the attack, nor did he live in New York!

People whine and ***** over things like losing a girl, getting a dent in their car, and all sorts of little things.

Tell me you would be the image of mental order after a green monster which could throw fire grabbed you and threw you off a bridge. AND now there's always a chance that everyday, some new creature will arrive and do the same or worse, not only to you, but you're loved ones as well.

Add in that she's still young, and you have a good reason for her to be shaken up. It would be bad writing for her not to have any ill effects from it.

So, to sum up my rant. I love Ultimate MJ. She's a great character, and now that she's a goblin, I can truly see Bendis killing her...for no reason. Just another shock death.

Ok here goes......
I liked this issue.
It was way better than the other USM issues of late and we finally got some explainations about all the craziness that's happened recently. It seems most of my speculation was wrong about the so called Spider-Woman? Still I'm not so sure her name is Spider-Woman, Jessica didn't seem so sure either. One of the things that's bugged me about the clone saga was the sudden appearance of all these clones + Richard + Gwen/Carnage. #102 cleared it up for me and it all makes much more sence now, except the Richard part. Still MJs' transformation bugs me. It can only be resolved in a couple of ways and none of them seem like something I want to read.

Yeah, because, after all, It makes perfect sense that Doc Ock is out of prison and Developing clones for the CIA while chilling out with Nick Fury.

Yeah, because, after all, It makes perfect sense that Doc Ock is out of prison and Developing clones for the CIA while chilling out with Nick Fury.

This time you made a nice point , Still it doesn't explain how Ock is around.

But since Ock is the source of the clones , maybe he has cloned Fury and Fantastic Four too. So we are forced to think that he is with Shield while Nick Fury is freaking out about the clones and Gwarnage at the other end of town!!!

Just an idea :)

All of that should be explained next issue. Wait this is Bendis, it'll be explained in two or three more issues.

All of that should be explained next issue. Wait this is Bendis, it'll be explained in two or three more issues.

It's not that I doubt that we'll eventually get an explination (Then, again, I wouldn't put it past Bendis to just not explain anything) It's the fact that Peter will like...end up being Nick Fury and Otto Octavious' secret love child or something. The explination itself scares me.

Latest posts

Back