Ultimate Spiderman #91 Discussion (SPOILERS)

Samurai Jack said:
Has anyone mentioned that Kitty was floating when she made her intro?

Since when could she float? Can she phase up through the air like she seems to be able to float up through the ground...

Eh, it's just her time of the month.

Samurai Jack said:
Has anyone mentioned that Kitty was floating when she made her intro?

Since when could she float? Can she phase up through the air like she seems to be able to float up through the ground...

I did always wonder why when she phased into the ground she just didn't keep falling, and how she floated up again. She does still die if she stops phasing in the middle of something... right?

Kitty has floated in other appearances as well. I can't remember where specifically, but I know I've seen it before. I assume when she activates her mutant power, not only can she phase through stuff, perhaps she becomes lighter than air or something? Who knows.

TheManWithoutFear said:
No.

There's always some explanation for something in comics. Not that "it just looks cool". Kitty's body probably instinctively stopped at some point when phaseing. As for the floating, she does it in 616. I didn't remember her floating back up when she feel through her floor but I do remember the explanation being something like when she turns intangible she becomes light enough to float on air particles.

There we go.

DIrishB said:
Kitty has floated in other appearances as well. I can't remember where specifically, but I know I've seen it before. I assume when she activates her mutant power, not only can she phase through stuff, perhaps she becomes lighter than air or something? Who knows.
I do, too!

Ice said:
Kitty has the power to also stand on air. She can walk, run, "climb" on air.

Last edited:
Synch said:
Well since everybody else seems to not notice or care, I for one was disappointed when DP showed up without the yellow bubbles.

Hey late-for-dinner, it was already brought up a few posts back. :D

Yeah, whatever that is...

So, has anyone identified the Reavers yet? I'm totally sure, but I think I see Maverick, Avalanche, Gorgeous George, and one other person... I'm not familiar with the 616 Reavers other than Lady Deathstrike who is obviously not on the team, so please don't jump me for being stupid!

E said:
Hey late-for-dinner, it was already brought up a few posts back. :D
Not late-for-dinner, out-to-lunch. And the reavers looked kinda iffy, mostly because I didn't see them do anything.

al_capone - A few months back I asked you about the possibility of Marvel doing something to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the ending to the "Clone Saga", which will be happening this December, to which you responded by saying you would put the idea up the flagpole. I have since gone on several message boards to ask people if they would like to see the dangling plot points of that story resolved in a mini-series to which the answers were overwhelmingly positive on every occasion.

So, what have you decided? If not a new mini-series is there at least the possibility of a "Clone Saga" TPB collection?

JQ: Al, as I mentioned above, I'm out of town so check with me again next week for an update.

Ultimate Spider-Man or something else? :shock:

Can someone explain to me how this title keeps getting better and better with each issue?? Each time I fully expect the title to slow down, Mr. Bendis makes me smile after the last page of each issue.

HarperDJ said:
Can someone explain to me how this title keeps getting better and better with each issue?? Each time I fully expect the title to slow down, Mr. Bendis makes me smile after the last page of each issue.

Wow....have you read all the issues? This is the first issue in like 4 arcs that has actually been worth a damn.

That's your opinion :wink:

Personally I thought both Hobgoblin and Dumped was very good.

Aebriol said:
That's your opinion :wink:

Personally I thought both Hobgoblin and Dumped was very good.

True it is my opinion. We are all entitled to it....but to say that Bendis keeps getting better and better? :sure:

It's blatantly obvious that Bendis has gotten lazy with his stories. Now who can really blame him with writing who knows how many different comics a month?!?!?! But the if you compare the story quality to his earlier USM issues...you'll see that he has begun to cop-out on USM.

When you think about the first 4 arcs of USM--you think classic retelling of old favs. Instead of the symbiote being alien in origin...you get a biological suit created by his father as a means to heal disease. Instead of keeping his double life from MJ...she is a major player. Lately he's been slacking. With all this hype for upcoming villains and arcs....only to end lacklusterly.

I brought all this up in a previous post... please read.

Now with all that said...I actually like this new Deadpool arc. I said so in the very first post. For reference...

So actually---I was kinda agreeing with him when he said the issue was a good one.

True, there's been a couple of filler arcs that probably doesn't suit too many - I liked them but that's me, and I agree that Bendis is taking on too many new characters lately without developing them enough, I find them kinda repetetive as well.

So while I don't agree with the original post that it keeps getting better, I guess, my point was that I personally felt that both hobgoblin and dumped (or maybe you cound that as one arc) was very good, and that the current one looks good as well so I don't agree with the fact that it's getting so much worse either.

My least favourite arcs are venom, carnage, dr strange and stolen identity, which is a mix of somewhat early, middle and late, so I guess my point of view is that he is holding a mostly steady quality in his work.

But I agree with your point about it becoming somewhat repetetive, I wish he'd spend more time developing some of the chars more fully. Or at least mention wtf they are doing.

And that's all I'm asking for really. Just spend some quality time on the ones that you got Bendis.

Instead of trying to rush thru Ultimate Morbius in like 3 issues so you can get to your big #100.....go back to the drawing board and bring back Carnage. Draw this character out some more. We already know the history behind him...now you can create a new level for Carnage to be on...as well as progress Peter? How would he deal with the moster that killed Gwen? How would the outcome affect him emotionally or physically? Maybe he breaks his leg and now he has to explain it to Aunt May. Would this bring her closer to finding out his secret? Stuff like that....

Victor Von Doom said:
And that's all I'm asking for really. Just spend some quality time on the ones that you got Bendis.

Instead of trying to rush thru Ultimate Morbius in like 3 issues so you can get to your big #100.....go back to the drawing board and bring back Carnage. Draw this character out some more. We already know the history behind him...now you can create a new level for Carnage to be on...as well as progress Peter? How would he deal with the moster that killed Gwen? How would the outcome affect him emotionally or physically? Maybe he breaks his leg and now he has to explain it to Aunt May. Would this bring her closer to finding out his secret? Stuff like that....

You're absolutely right... That's why I was peeved Vulture came and went so fast... I would have liked to see him get away so we can see him come around again, sooner rather than later, you know? Pssh... Bendis, c'mon, buddy! Seriously, though, he could turn Vulture, Carnage, or anyone he wants into a super villain at the drop of a hate but turns everyone into lame villains...

Latest posts

Back