Ultimate Thor origin theory.

Seldes Katne, that was a wicked sweet read. :D

I'm hopeing Thor's actually The Thor or a reincarnate of... I also like that theory about him dying. I love Thor but to me it would would propel his Ultimate Character to even greater greatness. Can't wait to see what happens... :D

HulkSmash said:
Seldes Katne, that was a wicked sweet read. :D

I'm hopeing Thor's actually The Thor or a reincarnate of... I also like that theory about him dying. I love Thor but to me it would would propel his Ultimate Character to even greater greatness. Can't wait to see what happens... :D
Thanks, HulkSmash. And welcome to the site! :)

The essay seems to have been well received. (And imagine my surprise at finding it reproduced in its entirety on the boards at X-MenComics.com.... :shock: )

Consider, also, that if Thor is indeed a reincarnation of the original, what's to say he couldn't reappear again at some point in the title if he does die in an upcoming arc? In a sense, he's done it once already by appearing here after his death in the Ragnarok (if he is indeed who he claims to be).

Seldes Katne said:
The essay seems to have been well received. (And imagine my surprise at finding it reproduced in its entirety on the boards at X-MenComics.com.... :shock: )

Hmmm... did they give you the credit for it?

Seldes Katne said:
Consider, also, that if Thor is indeed a reincarnation of the original, what's to say he couldn't reappear again at some point in the title if he does die in an upcoming arc? In a sense, he's done it once already by appearing here after his death in the Ragnarok (if he is indeed who he claims to be).

Good point! :D

TheManWithoutFear said:
Hmmm... did they give you the credit for it?
Yes, they did, thank you. (I notice your name was involved as well. :wink: ) Although, since I'm not registered there, I'm curious as to how they knew my gender....

Seldes Katne said:
Yes, they did, thank you. (I notice your name was involved as well. :wink: ) Although, since I'm not registered there, I'm curious as to how they knew my gender....

:twisted: Sorry I was gonna ask your permission but you weren't on and I was hurried and excited to be able to spread it around... :oops:

But I gave you credit before the article and after it so people knew just who did it... thing is I posted it at Comixfan? Where did you see it?

Again, sorry...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Thing is I posted it at Comixfan? Where did you see it?

It's all right, MWOF, I'm not offended. If anything, I'm flattered that you thought enough of it to post it, along with some very nice comments. :oops: It was on the Ultimates Thread at the ComiX-Fan boards: Essay I visit there once a day or so, just to see what's being discussed. This morning, it was my essay.... :lol:

Seldes Katne said:
It's all right, MWOF, I'm not offended. If anything, I'm flattered that you thought enough of it to post it, along with some very nice comments. :oops: It was on the Ultimates Thread at the ComiX-Fan boards: Essay I visit there once a day or so, just to see what's being discussed. This morning, it was my essay.... :lol:

:lol: Nice...

Thor . . .

OK. Here's the newbie's take on things:

Thor is an earthly manifestation of a god. He's a person that grew up here on earth and became possessed by the essense of the diety, something made possible by his nervous breakdown. He's the real deal spiritually, human physically. The whole deal with Fatso in bar was that the "humans" couldn't see him, but Thor could. Volstagg was a spirit in essence that only Thor could see.

Now, yes, it's no joke that Loki is turning the Ultimates against him, right down to his allies on the team. The Entity he has aligned with is Galactus. (Crossovers with X-men in Nightmare, Fantastic Four in Secret and The whole UU in Arrival.). It's what all this is coming too.

The Ultimates are gonna be involved in the Hobgoblin story line in Ult. Spiderman, too. The current Spiderman story arc is building up to the Ultimate Arrival Event.

I don't read Ult X-men so I can'ts ay what's happening in that story that will be tying into this.

And one more thing - look for Valkyrie to show up in issue 6 of Ultimates, another Asgardian(?). Dani is a Valkyrie, not a human thinking she one . . . heh heh heh, but I bet Millar takes her on the same ride as Thor. The Ultimate Defenders have a sh!t load of mystics on their team, too. So that fact alone strengthens my theory and that they are going to be introducing a high level of Mysticism to the UU.

Hey if Aliens exist, real magic can, too. Now - is that something the Ultimates would have to deal with? Hmmmmm . . . Does magic make you a Person of Mass Destruction?

Peace!

Leather

I agree with you. Except for the Defenders bit. She might just be a random chick who's a fan of Thor...

leather_w0lf said:
Now, yes, it's no joke that Loki is turning the Ultimates against him, right down to his allies on the team. The Entity he has aligned with is Galactus.

Galactus (616 and I'd assume Ultimate) is not inherently good or evil, and has nothing to gain by turning the Ultimates against Thor.

leather_w0lf said:
(Crossovers with X-men in Nightmare, Fantastic Four in Secret and The whole UU in Arrival.). It's what all this is coming too.

I don't think so - crossovers are never handled this way in the Ultimate books.

leather_w0lf said:
The current Spiderman story arc is building up to the Ultimate Arrival Event.

I really doubt it.

leather_w0lf said:
And one more thing - look for Valkyrie to show up in issue 6 of Ultimates, another Asgardian(?). Dani is a Valkyrie, not a human thinking she one . . . heh heh heh, but I bet Millar takes her on the same ride as Thor.

Maybe I can explain what happened with Dani Moonstar and the Valkyries a bit better. She is a valkyrie. On an adventure into Asgard with the New Mutants, Dani befriended a horse named Brightwind that belonged to Odin. When she got on to ride him, she was turned into a valkyrie, one of the collectors of the slain from Norse myth. She stayed in Asgard with "The Odinpower", the ability to sense impending death of people. In a plot by Hela, Goddess of Death, Mirage was transformed to a demonic version of herself. She was forced´to try and kill Odin but he was saved by Cannonball and Valkyrior were restored. Dani chose to stay behind to help repair the damage done. Not much is known about what happened in Asgard but then, As she herself put it, "I fell screaming from the skies, an angel cast out of a heaven I didn't belong in. I've held life in my hands, I've stared death in the face. I got tired of never knowing which was the better alternative.". Upon her return to Earth, she joined as a deep cover agent of SHIELD in the MLF.

So she was just one of the valkyries, not The Valkyre. I will be very very very surprised if she is this Valkyre, if she's not Cheyenne and if her powers are really different to the three or four kinds she's already had.

Head here for more information on Moonstar.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=75

I wonder how this whole Valkryie thing is going to play with Thor's origins with are supposedly explained in the previous issues to the Defenders one. I would've rathered everyone be skeptical of Thor's origins and then Valkryie showing up and adding more credibility to Thor being the Norse God.

Missing the point

You are all missing the point.

Oh where do I begin . . .

This story that is running right now in Ultimate Nightmare (Ultimates crossover with X-men), then into Ultimate Secret (Ultimates crossover with the Fantastic Four) and then into Ultimate Arrival (The entire Ultimates universe with the entering of Ultimate Galactus) is 100% tied into all the books running right now in the Ultimate Universe.

The Ultimates 2 series right now, Thor is told by Volstagg that Loki has escaped and allied himself with "something even you can't match" and "if our wise men are correct, he 'll assemble the super people against you, too."

That will happen in issue 4 & 5. The Ultimates get their a$$es kicked by Thor.

Which leads into issue 6 and the Ultimate Defenders and Valkyrie. I goofed by calling her Dani. This Valkyrie is the old school Valkyrie not the New Mutant Valkyrie wanna-be (I recently re-read the Asgardian Wars graphic novel and it was stuck in my head). The old school Valkyrie in the Defenders is a true blue Valkyrie from Valhalla.

The current story arc in Ultimate Spider man has Spider man and the Ultimates facing the Hobgoblin. There is your Spider man and Ultimates Crossover.

Right now the story arc in Ultimate Fantastic Four is being written by Millar. And it's a journey in "space" throught the N-Zone coming to a meeting with Ultimate Annhilus and leading to the Ultimate Arrival mini, once again.

As I said before, I odn't read Ultimate X-men but I owuldn't be surprised if their current story line is leaning towards some big nasty apocalyptic event or occurance.

With all characters in the Ultimate universe being in Ultimate Arrival, all indications are that Marvel is tying all their titles onto the Ultimate Arrival mini series like they do in 616 and their is presedence for this when they did and issue tying Ultimate Spiderman to the Ultimate Six mini (Ultimate Spiderman, issue 46).

Nick Fury has no idea what he's up against or who is manipulating him. He's in the hands of a god of evil and mischief and don't even realize it. All current indicaors point to Jarvis being Loki. In issue 3 he's dusting floating vases . . . hmmmmm.

Thee is also the theory that Loki is as visible to the people around as Volstagg was to those folks in the coffee shop . . .

And some have said it's possible that Fury is Loki, too.

I don't make wild predictions without having some back ground on the subject and not without doing a heavy bit of research first.

Blessed be!

Leather

UltimateE said:
Galactus (616 and I'd assume Ultimate) is not inherently good or evil, and has nothing to gain by turning the Ultimates against Thor.

I don't think so - crossovers are never handled this way in the Ultimate books.

I really doubt it.

I'm sure this is all wishful thinking! As you an see, the Ultimate Universe has been "notorious" for keeping to themselves as more catastrophic events are happening in the cross-overs, you know?

leather_w0lf said:
This story that is running right now in Ultimate Nightmare (Ultimates crossover with X-men), then into Ultimate Secret (Ultimates crossover with the Fantastic Four) and then into Ultimate Arrival (The entire Ultimates universe with the entering of Ultimate Galactus) is 100% tied into all the books running right now in the Ultimate Universe.

See this is where we start to disagree. I don't think Spidey has anything to do with this so far and I don't believe he will have any significant impact on the Trilogy.

leather_w0lf said:
The Ultimates 2 series right now, Thor is told by Volstagg that Loki has escaped and allied himself with "something even you can't match" and "if our wise men are correct, he 'll assemble the super people against you, too."
That will happen in issue 4 & 5. The Ultimates get their a$$es kicked by Thor.
Which leads into issue 6 and the Ultimate Defenders and Valkyrie. I goofed by calling her Dani. This Valkyrie is the old school Valkyrie not the New Mutant Valkyrie wanna-be (I recently re-read the Asgardian Wars graphic novel and it was stuck in my head). The old school Valkyrie in the Defenders is a true blue Valkyrie from Valhalla.

I don't know. I wouldn't be sure of a connection just because of one remark by a minor character. Again, I wouldn't rely on the origin of Ultimate Valkyrie to be the same, nor would I rely on it having any connection to the trilogy either.

leather_w0lf said:
The current story arc in Ultimate Spider man has Spider man and the Ultimates facing the Hobgoblin. There is your Spider man and Ultimates Crossover.

I don't believe the Ultimates are heavily involved if at all. It does use SHIELD and Nick Fury but not the Ultimates. Besides, the others are given miniseries. Why would Spidey only get 1 arc in his own title?

leather_w0lf said:
Right now the story arc in Ultimate Fantastic Four is being written by Millar. And it's a journey in "space" throught the N-Zone coming to a meeting with Ultimate Annhilus and leading to the Ultimate Arrival mini, once again.

Few things here.
1. Its being written by Ellis.
2. I don't see where the connection between Annhilus and Galactus is. I also don't see how this ties in because the FF's part in the UU is that of scientists and explorers rather than combatants. They are involved in Secret from a science perspective rather than combat.

leather_w0lf said:
As I said before, I odn't read Ultimate X-men but I owuldn't be surprised if their current story line is leaning towards some big nasty apocalyptic event or occurance.

Its all leading up to the culmination of Vaughn's run, not anything to do with the Trilogy or anything like that. Its not related. Besides, Nightmare is set before the current issues.

leather_w0lf said:
With all characters in the Ultimate universe being in Ultimate Arrival, all indications are that Marvel is tying all their titles onto the Ultimate Arrival mini series like they do in 616 and their is presedence for this when they did and issue tying Ultimate Spiderman to the Ultimate Six mini (Ultimate Spiderman, issue 46).

I don't believe that this will be an "all characters in the Ultimate Universe". The X-men and the Ultimates, with maybe devices from the FF. No spidey, as I've said.

leather_w0lf said:
Nick Fury has no idea what he's up against or who is manipulating him. He's in the hands of a god of evil and mischief and don't even realize it. All current indicaors point to Jarvis being Loki. In issue 3 he's dusting floating vases . . . hmmmmm.

Possible artist error, possibly true but that doesn't really have anything to do with the Trilogy

leather_w0lf said:
Thee is also the theory that Loki is as visible to the people around as Volstagg was to those folks in the coffee shop . . .
And some have said it's possible that Fury is Loki, too.

These are possible but again, irrelevant.

I think its a thought out theory but there's a few holes in it just yet. Your relying on too much minimal evidence to weave such a huge plot. Marvel has all the pieces and I suppose that its on the edges of possibility.

Caddy's right. And while it does involve a lot of the characters, it doesn't tie into the other books at all.

If I might add a couple of observations here....

leather_w0lf said:
Thor is an earthly manifestation of a god. He's a person that grew up here on earth and became possessed by the essense of the diety, something made possible by his nervous breakdown. He's the real deal spiritually, human physically. The whole deal with Fatso in [the] bar was that the "humans" couldn't see him, but Thor could. Volstagg was a spirit in essence that only Thor could see.

The comment about Volstagg interests me, and I agree that's a possiblity, assuming we are taking Thor at his word about who he is and not dealing with a delusional human. It's possible that the Norse gods (or other beings from the mythology) are similar to angels or Native American animal spirits in that they can look like someone and influence the physical world, but do not themselves have actual physical form. The only thing I find odd is that Thor seemed surprised to find that Volstagg hadn't been physically present during their conversation. If that were typical of the gods, wouldn't Thor know that?

I'd also just like to note that Volstagg (whose name doesn't appear in any of the myths with which I'm familiar, so could someone tell me if I've just missed him or if he's a Marvel 616 transplant?) in many ways bears a closer physical resemblance to Thor in the Norse myths than Thor in the Ultimate Universe does. And no, I'm not suggesting anything here, I just thought it was amusing.... :)

Latest posts

Back