Ultimate TPB timeline

Yeah just like to say this list has been useful for me as a good read order, where as DirishB's works for looking up the continuity of things. I just thought to mimic his i might suggest putting Marvel Zombies tpb, inbetween crossover and frightful. and maybe just have a little list of the supremeverse at the bottom. Try this:

Supreme Power Vol. 1 - Contact (Supreme Power #1-6)
Supreme Power: Nighthawk (Supreme Power: Nighthawk #1-6)
Doctor Spectrum: Full Spectrum (Doctor Spectrum #1-6)
Supreme Power Vol 2 - Power and Principalities (Supreme Power #7-12)
Supreme Power Vol. 3 - High Command (Supreme Power #13-18)
Supreme Power: Hyperion (Supreme Power: Hyperion #1-5)
Squadron Supreme Vol. 1 - The Pre-war Years (Squadron Supreme #1-6)

not yet collected
Squadron Supreme Vol. 2 - Turnabout (ss #7-
Squadron Supreme:Hyperion vs Nighthawk (#1-5)
Ultimate Power (#1-9)

technically nighthawk and doc spectrum happen at same time as sp vol 1, .but it makes sense to read supreme power vol 1 first, and then if you read soc spec 2nd you've pretty much read the same thing twice so i put nighthawk second.
I am sure that the Hyperion vs. Nighthawk is only a 4 issue mini-series.

I also agree with adding this into the timeline. DIrishB said that he wanted to make a comprihensive timeline, and that is why he included them into his, and I think it would be wise to do the same here.

I am sure that the Hyperion vs. Nighthawk is only a 4 issue mini-series.

I also agree with adding this into the timeline. DIrishB said that he wanted to make a comprihensive timeline, and that is why he included them into his, and I think it would be wise to do the same here.

Right you are, it's only 4 ish...I'm also not sure if Pre-war years actually collects #6 i was going by wikipedia, but amazon says #1-5 and the saga of squadron supreme, which i don't know anything about.

I figure that supreme power and newuniversal are both basically ultimizations just of earths that aren't 616, but it's all the same multi-verse (the revamp-verse). One of the suggestions i want to make to layout is to get a thread to discuss these two universes and the marvel zombie tie-ins and comics that weren't called Ultimate but were in every other sense - Controversial

Yes the Ultimate multi-verse...or the Ulti-verse....heh heh heh

other variations

Ulti-multi-verse
Multimate universe
Multimate Mooniverse...now that just sounds like a typing impediment

Last edited:
I had another idea....if we're making it comprehensive put the ultimate spiderman computer game in after ultimate six and the ultimates novel "the tommrow men" after return of the king..just so it mirrors the DirishB timeline and is all encompassing

I had another idea....if we're making it comprehensive put the ultimate spiderman computer game in after ultimate six and the ultimates novel "the tommrow men" after return of the king..just so it mirrors the DirishB timeline and is all encompassing

It's an UU TPB timeline and that's how I like to keep it. That means no Zombieverse, no Supremeverse, no video games and no novels. And not the last page of Ultimate Civil War: Spider-Ham. There's a link to Irish's more comprehensive timeline in the first post and I'm sure anyone who wishes to expand on the list is warmly greeted there.

Last edited:
It's an UU TPB timeline and that's how I like to keep it. That means no Zombieverse, no Supremeverse, no video games and no novels. And not the last page of Ultimate Civil War: Spider-Ham. There's a link to Irish's more comprehensive timeline in the first post and I'm sure anyone who wishes to expand on the list is warmly greeted there.

Ouch. I was just kidding!

Although it would be awesome. . .

But we were allowed the half issues, and team-up 6-8, those aren't in tpb, but marvel zombies is, and it ties directly between crossover and frightful, but i can see where you're coming from and i understand if you want to keep it just to comics with the prefix ultimate

I just basically want the list to be as simple and easy-to-read as possible, and decided to only include actual Ultimate comics, nothing else. DIrishB has done a wonderful job with his timeline and it's easy to check that one for other stuff's placements when needed, as it's also said in the opening post (modified it a bit).

Last edited:
Updated with June's solicitations, which means I added UFF: Devils and Ultimates 2: Grand Theft America, along with a mention about the Ultimates Annuals which are not collected in the GTA trade. Which I think is utter crap.

maybe add the release date for the upcoming tpbs?

i know there is already a solicitation thread and you want to keep it as simple as possible, but i figured i'd mention it.

Last edited:
But my point was that the Ultimates annuals should also be collected in the Ultimates 2 Vol. 2 TPB. I won't add the Annuals TPB to the list if I don't have to.

You ask me, they should've split Vol. 2 and made a Vol. 2 (Annual #1, #7-10) and Vol. 3 (#11-13, Annual #2). But that's just me...

Last edited:
maybe add the release date for the upcoming tpbs?

i know there is already a solicitation thread and you want to keep it as simple as possible, but i figured i'd mention it.

I've been thinking of doing that... and now I did it.

You ask me, they should've split Vol. 2 and made a Vol. 2 (Annual #1, #7-10) and Vol. 3 (#11-13, Annual #2). But that's just me...

That's exactly how I think it sould have been done (except that I would break it after #9, not #10).

Actually, come to think of it, how it should have been done is include Annual #1 on U2 Vol. 1, so Vol. 2 could include Annual #2 and wouldn't be too big.

Last edited:
Hey all!

As someone might have noticed (though probably not), I haven't been to the forum for quite some time, and that's because I haven't read pretty much any comics for a good six months. I'll probably get into it again at some point but right now I have no idea when that might be.

That is also why I haven't been updating the timeline, and so I would like to offer the list to anyone who might be interested to take it under their wing and keep updating it, since I won't be doing that. It seems that the list has been useful to some people and it would be great if someone were to continue to keep it alive. Hopefully the list so far will give that someone a good starting point.

So, if anyone is willing to do it, mods can feel free to un-sticky this thread and let a new one be made. Thanks!

I've been thinking about trying to take this over for a while. If I was to start I wouldn't be able to pick it up for a month or two. So, if anyone else is willing to do it, go ahead.

Here's my updated list. I think it's pretty complete. If anyone can see anything wrong let me know.

• Ultimate Iron Man Vol. 1 (Ultimate Iron Man # 1-5)
Ultimate Iron Man II (Ultimate Iron Man II # 1-4) – On sale 07/30/2008
Supreme Power – Nighthawk (Supreme Power –Nighthawk # 1-6)
• Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra Vol. 1 (Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra # 1-4)
• Ultimate Elektra - Devil's Due (Ultimate Elektra # 1-5)
Supreme Power Vol. 1 – Contact (Supreme Power # 1-6)
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 1 - The Fantastic (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 1-6)
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 2 - Doom (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 7-12)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 1 - Power and Responsibility (Ultimate Spider-Man # 1-7)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2 - Learning Curve (Ultimate Spider-Man # 8-13)
• Ultimate Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1 (Ultimate Marvel Team-Up # 1-5)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 1 - The Tomorrow People (Ultimate X-Men # 1-6)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 3 - Double Trouble (Ultimate Spider-Man # 14-21)
• Ultimate Marvel Team-Up Vol. 2 (Ultimate Marvel Team-Up # 9-13) **
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 2 - Return to Weapon X (Ultimate X-Men # 7-12)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 4 - Legacy (Ultimate Spider-Man # 22-27)
• Ultimate Marvel Team-Up Vol. 3 (Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #14-16, Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 3 - World Tour (Ultimate X-Men # 13-20)
• The Ultimates Vol. 1 - Super-Human (The Ultimates # 1-6)
• Ultimate Adventures - One Tin Soldier (Ultimate Adventures # 1-6)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 5 - Public Scrutiny (Ultimate Spider-Man # 28-32)
• The Ultimates Vol. 2 - Homeland Security (The Ultimates # 7-13)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 6 - Venom (Ultimate Spider-Man # 33-39)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 4 - Hellfire and Brimstone (Ultimate X-Men # 21-25)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 5 - Ultimate War (Ultimate War # 1-4)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 6 - Return of the King (Ultimate X-Men # 26-33)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 7 - Irresponsible (Ultimate Spider-Man # 40-45)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 9 - Ultimate Six (Ultimate Spider-Man # 46, Ultimate Six # 1-7)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 8 - Cats & Kings (Ultimate Spider-Man # 47-53)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 7 - Blockbuster (Ultimate X-Men # 34-39)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 10 - Hollywood (Ultimate Spider-Man # 54-59)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 8 - New Mutants (Ultimate X-Men # 40-45)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 9 - The Tempest (Ultimate X-Men # 46-49)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 11 - Carnage (Ultimate Spider-Man # 60-65)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 12 - Superstars (Ultimate Spider-Man # 66-71)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 13 - Hobgoblin (Ultimate Spider-Man # 72-78)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 14 - Warriors (Ultimate Spider-Man # 79-85)
Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness (Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness # 1-5) - hardcover
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 3 - N-Zone (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 13-18)
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 4 - Inhuman (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 19-20, Annual # 1)
• Ultimate Galactus Book 1 - Nightmare (Ultimate Nightmare # 1-5)
• Ultimate Galactus Book 2 - Secret (Ultimate Secret # 1-4)
• Ultimate Galactus Book 3 - Extinction (Ultimate Extinction # 1-5)
• Ultimate Vision (Ultimate Vision # 0-5)
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 5 - Crossover (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 21-26)
Marvel Zombies (Marvel Zombies # 1-5) - hardcover
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 6 - Frightful (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 27-32)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 10 - Cry Wolf (Ultimate X-Men # 50-53)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 11 - The Most Dangerous Game (Ultimate X-Men # 54-57)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 12 - Hard Lessons (Ultimate X-Men # 58-60, Annual # 1)
Supreme Power Vol. 2 – Powers & Principalities (Supreme Power # 7-12)
Supreme Power Vol. 3 – High Command (Supreme Power #13-18)
• The Ultimates 2 Vol. 1 - Gods and Monsters (The Ultimates 2 # 1-6)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 13 - Magnetic North (Ultimate X-Men # 61-65)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 15 - Silver Sable (Ultimate Spider-Man Annual # 1, # 86-90)
• Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four (Ultimate X4 # 1-2, Official Handbook of the Ultimate Marvel Universe # 1-2)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 14 - Phoenix? (Ultimate X-Men # 66-71)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 16 - Deadpool (Ultimate Spider-Man # 91-96, Annual # 2)
• The Ultimates 2 Vol. 2: Grand Theft America (The Ultimates 2 # 7-13)
Supreme Power – Hyperion (Supreme Power – Hyperion # 1-5)
Squadron Supreme – The Pre-Year Wars (Squadron Supreme # 1-5)
Squadron Supreme – Hyperion vs. Nighthawk (Squadron Supreme – Hyperion vs. Nighthawk # 1-4)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 15 - Magical (Ultimate X-Men # 72-74, Annual # 2)
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 7 - God War (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 33-38)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 17 - Clone Saga (Ultimate Spider-Man # 97-105)
Ultimate Power (Ultimate Power # 1-9) – hardcover - On sale 03/18/2008
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 8 - Devils (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 39-41, Annual # 2)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 16 - Cable (Ultimate X-Men # 75-80)
• Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 9 - Silver Surfer (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 42-46)
• Ultimate X-Men Vol. 17 - Sentinels (Ultimate X-Men # 81-88)
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 18 - Ultimate Knights (Ultimate Spider-Man # 106-111)
Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 10 – Ghosts (Ultimate Fantastic Four # 47-53) – On sale 07/25/2008
• Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 19 – Death of a Goblin (Ultimate Spider-Man #112-117)
Ultimate X-men Vol. 18 – Apocalypse (Ultimate X-Men # 89-93) – On sale 07/30/2008)
Ultimate Human (Ultimate Human # 1-4) – On sale 05/14/2008
The Ultimates 3 Vol. 1 – Sex, Lies & DVD (The Ultimates 3 # 1-5) – hardcover – On sale 08/06/2008

Damn smileys. And how to do I edit posts?

Nevermind I've figured it out.

Last edited:
Marvel has added dates for more TPBs

Ultimate Power 9/10/08
Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 20 - Ultimate Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends 8/20/08
Ultimate Fantastic Four vol. 11 - Salem's Seven 10/29/08
Ultimate X-Men vol. 19 - Banshee 10/22/08
Ultimate Human 12/17/08
Ultimates 3 Volume 1 - Sex, Lies & DVD 11/19/08 (Hardcover on 01/07/09)
Ultimate Iron Man 2 unknown TPB (Hardcover on 10/29/08 )

Marvel Zombies 10/01/08

Plus bump as some titles have also now been released that are marked as if they haven't been

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back