Ultimate TPB timeline

Dr_Draco said:
I almost went and bought the UMTU trades before I stumbled across the full collection one. Guess that's the luck of entering the Ultimate Universe a few years late ;).

Though, I do have to agree with that sucking for you guys that bought all three. The Punisher UMTUs should be collected on their own.

I think there's still a chance it'll happen. It might not even be collected under an Ultimate banner, but instead might be part of a Punisher or Daredevil special collection, combining these issues with some 616 issues or arc much like was done in the Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra mini.

IF!

marvel boy is in conintuity where would it be?

should marvel zombies be in here? i know it'd be between uff crossover and uff frightful

gemini-mk said:
IF!

Haven't read Marvel Boy. I don't think it has anything to do with the UU.

gemini-mk said:
should marvel zombies be in here? i know it'd be between uff crossover and uff frightful
I'm listing only the core UU books, mainly because I don't want to go to the trouble of adding all the Supreme-verse books. That's why MZ isn't on the list either, it's not really an UU book. But it directly follows Crossover.

gemini-mk said:
IF!

Despite Joe Q's joking around, Marvel Boy isn't in Ultimate continuity, so it has no place in its timeline. So no worries!

If you're ever wondering where Marvel Zombies or the Supreme Power/Squadron Supreme books fit in, check out the individual issue timeline here and you can see where everything falls. Its a bit more specific than the TPB timeline, as I even go so far as to break up issues by page numbers in terms of events crossing over into seperate books. It should help make more sense of the books though, if you're confused about something timeline-related.

Otherwise, Vint's TPB timeline is probably the better tool, as most people read those instead of the individual issues.

gemini-mk said:
i still bought marvel boy just in case and i'd like to know where to put it? any help

It doesn't occur within the UU. It was rumoured to be an Ultimate book because of something to do with alternate universes, I believe. So it doesn't really matter when you read it.

Added the two books solicited for October, UFF 6 and UXM 14, and again rehashed the whole list according to DIrishB's timeline.

Im new here, just recently got into the ultimate universe, and this timeline has been a great help. Thanks.

Also, just wanted to point out that in the USM and UFF handbook thread, the writer of the handbook said that USM 1/2 came in after the geldoff arc, 40-45.

JonBidinger said:
Im new here, just recently got into the ultimate universe, and this timeline has been a great help. Thanks.

Also, just wanted to point out that in the USM and UFF handbook thread, the writer of the handbook said that USM 1/2 came in after the geldoff arc, 40-45.
Welcome good sir....or not sir....

:D

JonBidinger said:

Welcome JB. I'll take this one for Vint...Despite what the Handbook says, its wrong. There's no way USM #1/2 can take place right after the Geldoff arc in USM (#40-45) because Spidey loses his suit after the Venom arc (#33-39). During the Geldoff arc, he has a new one, but its over-sized and doesn't fit right, besides him not having the pants for the costume AT ALL! In the comics itself, it was never shown where he got th new legging, but just assumed MJ made him a new pair between Geldoff and Ultimate Six/Cats and Kings.

The videogame actually does show him getting the replacement costume from MJ (the game opens during USM #38, then jumps ahead in the second level to immediately after the Geldoff arc).

Anyway, check out the individual timeline thread here (this thread is the TPB version of that timeline) to make more sense of what I'm saying:

Ultimate Marvel Timeline (individual issues)

Here are the relevant posts:
Stuart:
It is out of place, though not as much as you suggest. As you said, it can't go where the sentence implies, since Peter lacked a costume at the time. The error arose because the profile was originally much longer and had to be trimmed down; at some point during that process, the sentence order got rearranged, and what should have been the latter half of the sentence which began that paragraph became the former half. The Danny Rand encounter doesn't come between Learning Curve and Double Trouble, because at the start of Double Trouble Ben Urich has only seen Spidey up close during the Doc Ock fight, according to his dialogue with Jameson. He hasn't interviewed him yet, or else he would cite that encounter (and knowing what Spidey's voice sounded like) while arguing the bank robber was an imposter.

At the end of Double Trouble MJ dumped Peter, and the impression given by the Venom story suggests this follows on pretty well immediately. True, the Danny Rand encounter is so brief, it could have been slotted into a gap early in the Venom tale, before Peter lost his costume, but given Peter's state of mind, I doubted he'd be in the mood to spend time giving Urich a coherent interview - he was too busy moping. It had to happen before the Kingpin tale, as during that story Spidey's name was mud anyway (so JJJ's glee at having something negative to say about Spidey would have been out of place) and that story resolved itself with JJJ re-evaluating his hostile stance towards Spidey. Hence the decision was made to place it just after the Geldoff encounter, when he had finally gotten MJ and his costume back, and was in a better frame of mind. However, as stated, at some point the two halves of the sentence in the profile got switched round - it should have read

"Shortly thereafter, Spider-Man got back together with Mary-Jane; offered guidance to unstable...; and stopped martial artist....during a street fight."

DIrishB: Ok, I can buy that. Just cuz of that I'm going to amend the Timeline to place it correctly. Let me know about the UXM #1/2 once the Handbook is out...assuming the Handbook doesn't tell us, but from the descriptive bios in the first Ultimate Handbook, I don't see that being the case.

I just started rereading all the trades in this order, which by the way is great thanks for the great job, but my only question is UMTU #'S 4 and 5 in continuity b/c it mentions Tony Stark going to college with Reed Richards and that the world know he's Iron Man. Also, I know that issue 9 isn't in continuity, is there anymore errors i should watch out for?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, sorry to bring up old topics but there's an insane amount of old threads that I just don't have the time to go back and read.

Added UFF: God War to the list.

Seems a bit odd that March solits say that the trade collects issues # 33-38, and not the Annual. We'll have to wait and see what happens with that, I'd expect they'll either correct the solit or include it in the next trade.

Latest posts

Back