Ultimate Venom.

The writers at Marvel have made it clear a thousand times that everything except #9 of UMTU is part of canon. The only real problem issue is the Black Widow one, but just the minor details as TGO has said.
who was in issue 9? fantastic four? can't be bothered to look through my collection or on the computer to find out

RUFUS! said:
who was in issue 9? fantastic four? can't be bothered to look through my collection or on the computer to find out

Yeah, it was when the battle took them through the Marvel Offices. If you don't regard it as continuity though, I actually find it enjoyable. I mean, the hidden gags- it could take an hour to find all of them! I also like how the host is the same person from the Kingpin DVD storing DVD.

I sincerely hope the game is not part of continuity, and if it is Bendis should make the game story into a comic.

When i reread my ultimate Spider-Man collection 20 years from now, remembering maybe 90% of the story, i should not have to play a video game that is probably to old to play on any future video console(sp?) anyway, to get the story completely.

Asharak said:
I sincerely hope the game is not part of continuity, and if it is Bendis should make the game story into a comic.

When i reread my ultimate Spider-Man collection 20 years from now, remembering maybe 90% of the story, i should not have to play a video game that is probably to old to play on any future video console(sp?) anyway, to get the story completely.
Well, the video gane is in continuity, although it didn't fit exactly into the the stories. I also think Marvel should have made a comic of the game, the same way they make adaption of the movies, but considering how long ago it came out, I doubt they will now.

Maybe the Video game came after the SS arc. SS knew who Peter was in the game. She didn't know who he was in the comic. She did, however see his face. She wasn't working for Raxxon in the game and she was in the comic. To me this says the game occurs after the comic.

Hawkeye101 said:
Maybe the Video game came after the SS arc. SS knew who Peter was in the game. She didn't know who he was in the comic. She did, however see his face. She wasn't working for Raxxon in the game and she was in the comic. To me this says the game occurs after the comic.
But it doesn't fit that way either. I don't really know what is wrong with it, but DIB could probably easily explain why that has continuity holes too.

Pandrio said:
But it doesn't fit that way either. I don't really know what is wrong with it, but DIB could probably easily explain why that has continuity holes too.

How doesn't it work?

Pandrio said:
DIrish doesn't have it in his timeline that way, he usually has a reason for that.

Wellthen he'd better hurry up and explain,cus id on't see a flaw in my reasoning.

Hawkeye101 said:
The main hole in this I think is that Peter and MJ are still together in the game and not in the Silver Sable arc.

The Ultimate Marvel team Up with Iron Man can still work, actually. The information Peter read in his report may have been a public relations story Stark created. Hardly unbelievible for some one of Stark's influence, and it protects him from being known as a near mutant.

As for the game, I put my money on it taking place in the future, after Peter and MJ get back together.

Captain Morgan said:
The Ultimate Marvel team Up with Iron Man can still work, actually. The information Peter read in his report may have been a public relations story Stark created. Hardly unbelievible for some one of Stark's influence, and it protects him from being known as a near mutant.

As for the game, I put my money on it taking place in the future, after Peter and MJ get back together.
Agreed, we wont see venom again in the comics for a while, so who knows. But when you make aq game in continuty you have to sacrefice some things and just except it and not cry like a *****, you know who you are

I just thought of something. I know when venom will return now.

I predict this time next year. Why? He is surpposed to be in the 3rd movie.

When doc ock was in 2 they pushed doc ock in ultimate. So I think they'll do the same for Venom and maybe sandman

I'm somewhat curious... Since Bendis wrote the game, you think they'll ever get Bagley to draw it up and put it out as a trade?

jeremiahvedder said:
I'm somewhat curious... Since Bendis wrote the game, you think they'll ever get Bagley to draw it up and put it out as a trade?

I had mentioned when the game came out that as bad as the storyline is for the game, if it follows USM continuity and the comic will continue from the game, it only makes sense to do just that. But as far as anyone knows there is no intention to do that.

Bagley was putting 18 issues out a year. I don't think it would be too much for him to kind of work on this in the background as a graphic novel or miniseries.

sjmole said:
I just thought of something. I know when venom will return now.

I predict this time next year. Why? He is surpposed to be in the 3rd movie.

When doc ock was in 2 they pushed doc ock in ultimate. So I think they'll do the same for Venom and maybe sandman

That's possible, their going to put the 616 Spidey back in his old costume by the time the movie comes out. Bendis said the game was the big Venom story of the year so maybe next year.

Yeah as well as the spider I want venom to use webbing. Otherwise he's not venom!

Venom was basicly an evil spider-man with the same powers.

I like ultimate venom. as i said before I hated him at first as it was not the same as my fave comic book hero/villan ever the 616 venom. But if he makes it so now he is Perfect venom he has the spider and the webbing I will be very happy.

I think Ultimate Venom was well constructed... He is embedded in Peter's past, which he hardly knows anything about, which makes him significant and Eddie has been characterized as a dick which makes for more conflict. That's awesome.

Latest posts

Back