Ultimate Venom.

Goodwill said:
I think Ultimate Venom was well constructed... He is embedded in Peter's past, which he hardly knows anything about, which makes him significant and Eddie has been characterized as a dick which makes for more conflict. That's awesome.

agreed they are good points. I just like the webb using , spider-chest having venom more you know?

I love ultimate spider-man. I prefur it to 616 spider-man but the only thing i like better in 616 was venom.

sjmole said:
agreed they are good points. I just like the webb using , spider-chest having venom more you know?

I love ultimate spider-man. I prefur it to 616 spider-man but the only thing i like better in 616 was venom.

I agree that 616 Venom has a good design, but the Ultimate version is a much better character. As you said, literally all the 616 Venom has to him is "evil Spider-Man with same powers", the Ultimate Venom has a bit more motivation.

Nick MB said:
I agree that 616 Venom has a good design, but the Ultimate version is a much better character. As you said, literally all the 616 Venom has to him is "evil Spider-Man with same powers", the Ultimate Venom has a bit more motivation.

Yeah but thats the great thing about 616 venom.
Nearly every hero has someone who is an evil version of them. It's great I love those stories as it shows this is what Could happen if the hero was not special. If I had supermans powers for example I would be tempted to rob a bank as I know the cops can't stop me.

Look at how many times it's been done

superman - bizaro
spider-man - venom
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Evil Green Range
Obi wan Kenobi - Darth Vader
Buffy - faith
Goku - Vegeta

I could go on with more but I wont. Also it adds something when they get redeemed and become a good guy as it adds conflict with out hero.

I hope i explained what i ment well as I suck at explaining lol

jeremiahvedder said:
From the Philly Marvel Panel:

Yup... Further proving my theory that they'll play a part in the Clone Saga...

Cool I can't wait

sjmole said:
Yeah but thats the great thing about 616 venom.
Nearly every hero has someone who is an evil version of them. It's great I love those stories as it shows this is what Could happen if the hero was not special. If I had supermans powers for example I would be tempted to rob a bank as I know the cops can't stop me.

Look at how many times it's been done

superman - bizaro
spider-man - venom
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Evil Green Range
Obi wan Kenobi - Darth Vader
Buffy - faith
Goku - Vegeta

I could go on with more but I wont. Also it adds something when they get redeemed and become a good guy as it adds conflict with out hero.

I hope i explained what i ment well as I suck at explaining lol

I agree. I not only love seeing the hero fight a darker version of themself, but I also love to see a powerful enemy become a powerful ally.

But by the way, 616 Venom doesn't have Spider-Man's powers. The symiote can just mimic some of Spider-Man's more notible abilities, such as super-strength, wall crawling, and web-slinging.
Though I prefer Ultimate Venom's "web" slinging. Unlike 616 Venom, Ultimate Venom doesn't bother to make his tendrils look like Spider-Man's webbing. It really shows how different they are, yet how much they're alike.

Last edited:
Ultimate Deadpool said:
I agree. I not only love seeing the hero fight a darker version of themself, but I also love to see a powerful enemy become a powerful ally.

But by the way, 616 Venom doesn't have Spider-Man's powers. The symiote can just mimic some of Spider-Man's more notible abilities, such as super-strength, wall crawling, and web-slinging.
Though I prefer Ultimate Venom's "web" slinging. Unlike 616 Venom, Ultimate Venom doesn't bother to make his tendrils look like Spider-Man's webbing. It really shows how different they are, yet how much they're alike.

True about mimicing his powers.

You make a good point about Ultimate Venom but he dose use his tenticals as much as he should. Personaly I prefure 616's white webbing as it is very very close to Spider-mans webbing.

I do like Ultimate Venom just not as much as 616 However after the game where he gets the white spider logo I was thinking maybe they plan on taking the best of Ultimate Venom mixing it with the best of 616 venom and having a very cool Ultimate venom. After all on game when he gets white logo he is called "Perfect Venom" so I'm thinking they are making him more 616.

Also with them saying carnage is coming back I hope they make carnage turn more like venom and bond to Cletus Kasady making Carnage better as alot of people hated Ultimate carnage. (not me i love Ultimate carnage)

Or a mini series/one off. Of Ultimate Carnage vs Ultimate venom like the carnage vs venom series. Or how about an arc of Ultimate Maximum Carnage

Or they both could have a role in the new Parker Legacy arc. It would make sense for both of them to be there.

sjmole said:
Also with them saying carnage is coming back I hope they make carnage turn more like venom and bond to Cletus Kasady making Carnage better as alot of people hated Ultimate carnage. (not me i love Ultimate carnage)
NONONONONO! ultimate carnage is fine the way it is we don't want ultimate marvel becoming more like 616 marvel

if anything it should be the other way around

and putting the white spider on venom in the videogame was not makin' him more like 616 venom that was just showing how venom is now complete because without parker/carnage DNA venom needs to sustain itself much like how carnage had to kill gwen

remember when pete wore the suit in the venom arc he had the white spider on aswell

I'm sorry - I don't want to see Cletus Kassady after what they did to Carnage. I think they made a pretty good Carnage without a murderer under the red ooze.

I know some people are a little disappointed with the way carnage turned out and hasn't bonded to kassidy yet. well here's a theory/plot idea. note: this could all happen after the carnage arc.

Since Carnage needed peter's dna to "complete" himself, he goes after the parker sample #2. kassidy, who is a cat-burgular, mugs ben reilly and takes the sample. (kassidy could be working for someone like osborn, who wanted the sample, i don't know) carnage appears and attacks kassidy, who drops the sample and gets "drained". kassidy could be suffering from some sort of cell degenerating/regenerating illness and when carnage absorbs him it somehow becomes complete (the illness reversing the dna matrix from disinegrating). since kassidy is insane, his personality/conciousness (sp?) overcomes whatever intelligence carnage has and BINGO you get carnage, who can take the form of kassidy and even has his psychotic personality, but with the creature's twisted desire to kill and "feed".

this could be, say, the premisses for Maxium carnage?

darkspider16 said:
this could be, say, the premisses for Maxium carnage?

Every time someone says something about an Ultimate Maximum Carnage I get this twitch in my eyelid.

well it could be a way to kill off dewolfe, like in 616. but it should be after peter finds she's working for kingpin.

Originally posted by E:
Every time someone says something about an Ultimate Maximum Carnage I get this twitch in my eyelid.

New game for the board: Who can give E a seizure first?

And begin....

Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage Ultimate Maximum Carnage

you have to remember that peter destroyed canarge in that smoke stack and unless kassidy makes other with peter dna (which i doubt) or if it somehow surives (which is also unlikely) then canarge is done

Last edited:
blademaster101 said:
you have to remember that peter destroyed canarge in that smoke stack and unless kassedy makes other with peter dna (which i doubt) or if it somehow surives (which is also unlikely) then canarge is done
you're wrong there. USM #100 has carnage returning. so it isn't done, unless this is a whole new monster.

Ultimate Maxiumum Carnage, lol

Latest posts

Back