Ultimate Vision Backstory (Discussion/spoilers)

onenewquestion said:
I don't know what to make of Vision being the "herald" of Galactus. And I always wondered Vision- of what? Other than recently making the Vision eye-candy, what's there to behold? But the Galactus Trilogy isn't a total loss, Thor rocks!

"I'd kill for a new thundergod, in fact I will!"
Cyberpunk rpg manuel

S/he was not a herald of Gah Lak Tus.

This is explained in Ultimate Extinction #4.

And Thor barely appears.

Ummm, that's why I used quotation marks, I was referring that indirectly, Vision could give the Ultimate heroes an idea of what was in store for them. And Thor didn't have a big part, but, he was cool enough to buy The Thing and Human Torch a beer!

onenewquestion said:
Ummm, that's why I used quotation marks, I was referring that indirectly, Vision could give the Ultimate heroes an idea of what was in store for them.

That's not what a herald is or does though.

Just sayin'.

I think there's 6. But they're actually only a couple of pages in the back of several other Ultimate comics like USM, UXM, UFF.

Check the Ultimate Timeline Thread for exact issues.

Actually....it's 1 issue.

The backstory is broken down into 4 pages within 6 issues, making a total of 24 pages, an actual comic issue.

Last edited:
Ice said:
Actually....it's 1 issue.

The backstory is broken down into 4 pages within 6 issues, making a total of 24 pages, an actual comic issue.

These are petty details. I mean if I wanted to go back and rip up all my old issues to take out just the Vision pages and make my own single issue...I could......but I haven't.

Although I now have a project for Saturday afternoon. :wink:

Seldes Katne said:
This is now available in digital form for those of us who didn't buy the single issues: Marvel Digital Comics. "Ultimate Vision" is about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Hey - that's a good idea. Thanks for the link!

Looking forward to ultimate vision 0 !!

I don't have the backstories due to my collecting habits so it should be a good lead up to the series proper !!

I'm looking forward to learning more about it and seeing how the relationship develops between it and Sam !!

I reckon it took female form to get closer to him in the first place !!

I'm reading Ultimate Galactus again in anticipation !!

Couldn't find another thread so I guess this one will do !!

Got Vision #0 today !!

Interesting !!

Had already read it via the wonderful Marvel digital comics but its good to finally have it in hand !!

John Romita Jrs artwork is interesting but its not the best I've ever seen !!

Greg Land seems to be getting a panning at the moment and it would be interesting to know who people think is better JRJ or GL !!

I had a quick straw poll between some of my non comic reading friends and it was a dead heat !!

I personally like the CG drawings of Land but there is something to be said for the almost nostalgic artistry of Romita !!

Latest posts

Back