Ultimate Vision Backstory (Discussion/spoilers)

icemastertron said:
Yeah, now I've been wondering. If it started going to the planets as a female version of the species, when it came to earth, why did it look like 616 Vision, only to go back to its female form? I mean, it said it turns into the planets version of whatever species is there before it got there, didnt it?

Or if I made a mistake there, than why did the planet before it came to earth, looked like a male robot, and not female?
You're so right. Why the double change on earth because he'd be Vision (from Nightmare) because of his interactions with the Russians. Female Vision = Lame

So many people are hung up on the 616 Vision, Silver Surfer etc. that you're letting yourselves miss what's shaping up to be an intriguing new take on the whole thing, UU-style. Just roll with the mini for a bit before saying it bites...

John Q. Public said:
So many people are hung up on the 616 Vision, Silver Surfer etc. that you're letting yourselves miss what's shaping up to be an intriguing new take on the whole thing, UU-style. Just roll with the mini for a bit before saying it bites...

.... what mini? we're talking about the Vision backstories. Which are good but Vision being a girl is lame. And it's not because we're hung up. It's because it makes little sense. For the nth time.

Let's just sum this up.

Vision: "Gah Lak Tus is coming and he will devour this entire planet!"
Sam: "...uh-huh..."
Vision: "Seriously! Your world is doomed!"
Fury: "...whatever you say..."
Vision: "Why aren't you guys paying attention to me?! Look me in the face!"

i just love reading it with the knowledge that we beat galactus. the fact that galactus has beaten races of supermen and races of nonphysical beings and races of who-knows-what, and the fact that he will be beaten by 20 or so super-humans, is laughable.

iceman said:
i just love reading it with the knowledge that we beat galactus. the fact that galactus has beaten races of supermen and races of nonphysical beings and races of who-knows-what, and the fact that he will be beaten by 20 or so super-humans, is laughable.

Pretty much. I wonder if Hulk will be able to eat all those mechanical bugs in just one sitting?

TheManWithoutFear said:
.... what mini? we're talking about the Vision backstories. Which are good but Vision being a girl is lame. And it's not because we're hung up. It's because it makes little sense. For the nth time.

Duh, so get all technical comicy: Mini, backstory, addendum. You know what I mean: The Vision story, spread throughout crappy comics, as an add-on. It's been better than all the front-of-the-book (front-story?) comics we're forced to buy.

Instead of just saying it's lame, try to explain (like, say the words) why it's lame.

John Q. Public said:
Duh, so get all technical comicy: Mini, backstory, addendum. You know what I mean: The Vision story, spread throughout crappy comics, as an add-on. It's been better than all the front-of-the-book (front-story?) comics we're forced to buy.

Instead of just saying it's lame, try to explain (like, say the words) why it's lame.

I think you're getting too much out of it. I don't think I've seen too much complaint about the story itself; what people are complaining is "lame" is that Vision has taken a female form. As in, it's sort of pointless and gratuitous. As in, it takes us back to 90's comics and big boobs for the sake of big boobs.

UltimateE said:
I think you're getting too much out of it. I don't think I've seen too much complaint about the story itself; what people are complaining is "lame" is that Vision has taken a female form. As in, it's sort of pointless and gratuitous. As in, it takes us back to 90's comics and big boobs for the sake of big boobs.

Exactly. And even for someone like myself who loves big boobs, its completely over the top.

#5 and #6

Vision goes into her opinion of Earth saying she likes the inhabitants. We see shots of Sue and Reed holding hands, Captain America praying, and the worst little bit between Logan and Jean. Jean says if the world is ending she wants to let Logan know how she really feels.... Logan says, "Don't say things you'll only regret later". :furious:

Vision says they're doomed. End.

I liked the first parts better.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Jean says if the world is ending she wants to let Logan know how she really feels.... Logan says, "Don't say things you'll only regret later". :furious:
And why does that make you furiuos? :?

I actually like these parts better than the first.

Because this is an example of two little girls who are idiots. Jean and Sue today. Sue somehow still thinks Namor is cute and is crushing him. For ****'s sake Wolverine tried to kill Scott. The whole Jean tempted by Wolverine thing should be left for 616. What Millar did to Logan's character should've been enough to put an end to that little love triangle.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Because this is an example of two little girls who are idiots. Jean and Sue today. Sue somehow still thinks Namor is cute and is crushing him. For ****'s sake Wolverine tried to kill Scott. The whole Jean tempted by Wolverine thing should be left for 616. What Millar did to Logan's character should've been enough to put an end to that little love triangle.
It's just one small thing that will likely be not brought again, least not anytime soon. Calm down about it.

I liked the Jean-Wolverine scene. I don't think she was going to tell him that she still has feelings for him. More of the I'm sorry how I treated you and you are my friend. I trust you with my life kinda thing.

thee great one said:
I liked the Jean-Wolverine scene. I don't think she was going to tell him that she still has feelings for him. More of the I'm sorry how I treated you and you are my friend. I trust you with my life kinda thing.

Ya, But what Wolverine Said, makes you think. That he did something. really bad. Something that the others might disown him for.

the watcher said:
Ya, But what Wolverine Said, makes you think. That he did something. really bad. Something that the others might disown him for.

I'm pretty sure he just means, "Don't say it because you think it's all over. If we live past this Scott will still be here. Anything you say to me is going to complicate this perfect little world of yours. A world without me in it."

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm pretty sure he just means, "Don't say it because you think it's all over. If we live past this Scott will still be here. Anything you say to me is going to complicate this perfect little world of yours. A world without me in it."

You've actually said that to a girl before, haven't you?

Latest posts

Back