Ultimate Vision backup story to be featured in Nov./Dec. Ultimate books

they said 6 four page backstories, tom e this sounds like they'll include in an ultimate book every so often in the back, like how we've been seeing the preveiws of Nick furys howling commandos in the house of M stuff lately.

Lynx said:
Same reason Jocasta was created. To be a "mate" to Vision. Except NOW, instead of adding a third android for no reason (And beacuse Pym created Vision), he created Ultron to be the "male" and Vision to be the "female". Makes sense to me.
Except nothing about any of that is mentioned in the blurb. This is all we know

SBC said:
A big thing for the Ultimate Universe will be taking two of Marvel's top creators, Mark Millar and John Romita Jr., and putting 6 four page backup stories in the Ultimate Books in November and December, which feature Ultimate Vision. These stories will not be collected in trades. There will be an Ultimate Vision Limited series later. Joe Madureira designed the Ultimate Vision (he is now a she) for this book.
drsmarvel8.gif

Nothing about other robots, just straight up "his is now a she". And I doubt that the story requires it. More than likely Joe Mad was asked to do Vision designs and he did one as a woman that they liked, so they made it fit.

Lithium said:
they said 6 four page backstories, tom e this sounds like they'll include in an ultimate book every so often in the back, like how we've been seeing the preveiws of Nick furys howling commandos in the house of M stuff lately.

Not really every so often, probably 3 in November's Ultimate books and 3 in December's.

DIrishB said:
Not really every so often, probably 3 in November's Ultimate books and 3 in December's.
Yeah, that way it isn't in one issue of something in November and not in December.
Ultimates- Millar's writing both, so it would be his call.
UFF- Same thing.
UXM - Isn't this still an unknown writer.
USM- Bendis, of all of them this is probably the one they won't put it in.
(See Post #9, DIrishb's)

Pandrio said:
Yeah, that way it isn't in one issue of something in November and not in December.

Ultimates- Millar's writing both, so it would be his call.

Right, but don't forget no Ultimates 2 in December.

UFF- Same thing.
UXM - Isn't this still an unknown writer.

No UXM in December either, but there is that UXM/UFF crossover, so maybe in that.

USM- Bendis, of all of them this is probably the one they won't put it in.
(See Post #9, DIrishb's)

I agree about that one.

Baxter said:
Why would you change the Visions gender? What purpose does that serve? I mean I bet its a cool design and all, but if you're working on a GIANT ALIEN ROBOT I don't think the first modifications would be to add tits. But maybe thats just me.

My thoughts exactly.

This is interesting....

I wonder if Vision would leave Ultron for Scarlet Witch.

Ummmmm....

I just noticed that it's a ode to the 616 relationship between Ultron and Vision.

Maybe the story could be about how Vision came to Earth and why?

thee great one said:
This is interesting....

I wonder if Vision would leave Ultron for Scarlet Witch.

Ummmmm....

I just noticed that it's a ode to the 616 relationship between Ultron and Vision.

Maybe the story could be about how Vision came to Earth and why?

If its the female Vision in this then it wouldn't be the story of them coming to Earth, as it was a dude at that point. Like I said, I think it'll be about Falcon working to repair him/her, with some help from Hank Pym, and we'll learn a bit more about Gah Lak Tus, and possibly wherever Vision came from through flashbacks.

DIrishB said:
If its the female Vision in this then it wouldn't be the story of them coming to Earth, as it was a dude at that point. Like I said, I think it'll be about Falcon working to repair him/her, with some help from Hank Pym, and we'll learn a bit more about Gah Lak Tus, and possibly wherever Vision came from through flashbacks.
I can see that workshop right now.

Hank: I've been thinking about that Vision redesign, the miniturization?

Sam: Yeah ,what've you got?

Hank: Well, to fit some of the bulkier bits in I've needed to expand the chasis a bit in a few spots, but nothing too noticable. * Shows the designs *

Sam: ... You've given the greatest extra-terestial find in our lifetime double Ds.

Hank: Now I know what you're thinking... Genius right!

Sam: NO!

Hank: What, are you gay or something?

Sam: I.. NO! Get the hell out of my lab!

Hank: Think about it!

Baxter said:

Hank: Well, to fit some of the bulkier bits in I've needed to expand the chasis a bit in a few spots, but nothing too noticable. * Shows the designs *

Sam: ... You've given the greatest extra-terestial find in our lifetime double Ds.

Classic. :lol:

Suddenly, I've lost a lot of optimism for Loeb/Joe Mad Ultimates 3. :(

Baxter said:

:lol: Funny stuff!

UltimateE said:
Suddenly, I've lost a lot of optimism for Loeb/Joe Mad Ultimates 3.

Ehh, we'll see. I'm not happy about it, but I'll wait to see the actual story before losing all hope. ;)

DIrishB said:
Ehh, we'll see. I'm not happy about it, but I'll wait to see the actual story before losing all hope. ;)

Yeah, I guess. But if his idea of Ultimizing someone is to add boobs, it doesn't look too promising.

UltimateE said:
Yeah, I guess. But if his idea of Ultimizing someone is to add boobs, it doesn't look too promising.

This is very true, but luckily Ellis laid a bit of groundwork for them to work off...though apparently they're changing stuff and adding boobs for whatever reason. I'm not liking this aspect either, but the story could still be decent.

So, how are they going to make much out of this. 4 pages out of 6 books, that's 24 pages barely more than a single issue. I don't know how much story they can fit into that.

Pandrio said:
So, how are they going to make much out of this. 4 pages out of 6 books, that's 24 pages barely more than a single issue. I don't know how much story they can fit into that.

Exactly, I think its going to be a sort of prelude type story to either the Ultimate Vision series coming out later next year, or to Ultimate Extinction, since apparently that's been pushed back...again.

Latest posts

Back