Ultimate Vision backup story to be featured in Nov./Dec. Ultimate books

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
From SBC : A big thing for the Ultimate Universe will be taking two of Marvel's top creators, Mark Millar and John Romita Jr., and putting 6 four page backup stories in the Ultimate Books in November and December, which feature Ultimate Vision. These stories will not be collected in trades. There will be an Ultimate Vision Limited series later. Joe Madureira designed the Ultimate Vision (he is now a she) for this book.

Thanks (and props) to Fuzzybirds for posting this originally.
 

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
1,343
Location
Ze Nedderlandz
Yeah I'm wondering about this.

Why wasn't it announced in the November solicits?

Will it be 6 chapters of one large story, or simply 6 mini stories tying into eachother?

And, being only 6 parts, which Ultimate titles does it feature in?

Although I must say, I do like the sex change for the Vision. Kinda introduces both Vision and Jocasta into the UU. Also, from that sketch my Madureira, she looks more human than one would expect; could she be a cyborg?
 

14rdb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
192
Hmmm. I wonder if this is being done to lay the groundwork for Loeb's run or the conclusion of Millar's.

You've got Millar writing, but a Joe Mad character design (and apparently no cover from him considering how it's being delivered to market, which kind of takes away from the, 'they just had him do it to increase sales' argument).

I suppose it could be neither, but I'm doubting that.
 
Last edited:

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
So that means there will no ads for the issues they will be in? Thats how they did it with the Vampire by Night backstory in AMAZING FANTASY. There were no ads.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
icemastertron said:
So that means there will no ads for the issues they will be in? Thats how they did it with the Vampire by Night backstory in AMAZING FANTASY. There were no ads.

I wasn't aware of that...but I would be shocked if they pulled ads out of several top 25 books to give us more story. I'm sure they'll just add pages.

Now let's see if they kick us in the nuts by increasing the cover price.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
UltimateE said:
I wasn't aware of that...but I would be shocked if they pulled ads out of several top 25 books to give us more story. I'm sure they'll just add pages.
Yeah, they'll probably do that.


UltimateE said:
Now let's see if they kick us in the nuts by increasing the cover price.
I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised. They didnt do it for the 2 issues of Amazing Fantasy, so *crossing fingers* they might also not raise it up here.

But it's Marvel. So you'll be lucky enough to even see a solit for it on time.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say the Vision stories will be in November's The Ultimates 2 #9, Ultimate Fantastic Four #25, and Ultimate X-Men #65, and in Decemer's Ultimate Fantastic Four #26 and two other books, which I'm not sure of now since there's no U2 or UXM in December. Most likely will be in the minis.
 
Last edited:

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
So, now I'll have to buy USM and UXM just to read 4 pages?

MMMMAAAAAARRRRRVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, can anyone post the Vision pic(s)? SBC doesn't seem to be working...
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
Why would you change the Visions gender? What purpose does that serve? I mean I bet its a cool design and all, but if you're working on a GIANT ALIEN ROBOT I don't think the first modifications would be to add tits. But maybe thats just me.

And I bet you a dollar the backups get put in the Ultimate Vision trade whenever it comes out.
 

Lynx

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
4,489
Location
Orlando, FL
Baxter said:
Why would you change the Visions gender? What purpose does that serve? I mean I bet its a cool design and all, but if you're working on a GIANT ALIEN ROBOT I don't think the first modifications would be to add tits. But maybe thats just me.

And I bet you a dollar the backups get put in the Ultimate Vision trade whenever it comes out.

Same reason Jocasta was created. To be a "mate" to Vision. Except NOW, instead of adding a third android for no reason (And beacuse Pym created Vision), he created Ultron to be the "male" and Vision to be the "female". Makes sense to me.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
DIrishB said:
I'll second that!! I want to see some android boobies!!! ;)

Does the new female Vision look anything like the first Vision, or is it substantially different?
It was still just like what we saw of Vision II and Ultron in issue #6. S'all I can really remember.
 

14rdb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
192
DIrishB said:
I'll second that!! I want to see some android boobies!!! ;)

Does the new female Vision look anything like the first Vision, or is it substantially different?
I saw it this morning -- it was a bit hard to tell. It was a somewhat blurry photo of an overhead projection of a pencil drawing if I remember correctly.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
14rdb said:
I saw it this morning -- it was a bit hard to tell. It was a somewhat blurry photo of an overhead projection of a pencil drawing if I remember correctly.
I remember some coloring done. I think it was in some yellow-type background or something.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
Ultron and Vision.

Robo-Adam and Robo-Eve.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
DIrishB said:
I'm assuming this story will involve Falcon and Vision while he's working on him/her. Possibly bringing Hank in to assist with whatever. Maybe it will play a lead-in to Extinction. Hopefully.
That sounds possible. Hank could have taken some ideas or something for Vision II, no?
 

Latest posts

Top