Ultimate Vision backup story to be featured in Nov./Dec. Ultimate books

DIrishB said:
Exactly, I think its going to be a sort of prelude type story to either the Ultimate Vision series coming out later next year, or to Ultimate Extinction, since apparently that's been pushed back...again.
I guess that would work, but then it probably would have to sum up to one "arc" and people who don't buy the other titles are going to go, "oh that sucked" and skip out on the mini.

Or they could go buy the other title, which I guess is Marvel's plan with it.

Doesn't anybody else here get nasty Wildstorm flashbacks from looking at the new design? It reminds me of Void, or even the Engineer. And not in a good way.

Sign me up for the 'enthusiasm dampened' camp, as far as JoeMad's Ultimate prospects go.

Pandrio said:
I guess that would work, but then it probably would have to sum up to one "arc" and people who don't buy the other titles are going to go, "oh that sucked" and skip out on the mini.

Or they could go buy the other title, which I guess is Marvel's plan with it.

Not necessarily, as the Vision story could be self-contained and not be required reading to get the later stories (supposedly like the Ultimates Annual #1).

Am I sexist? I've suddenly became uninterested in the character of Ultimate Vision II. Just isn't appealing to me anymore.

Reasons I am interested.

- I want to see how the relationship with Ultron goes.
- I want to see how the relationship with Scarlet Witch goes *giggity - giggity*
- Where the character will be taken.

But could someone explain to me how this story plays out? It takes place during Ultimates 2?

DIrishB said:
Not necessarily, as the Vision story could be self-contained and not be required reading to get the later stories (supposedly like the Ultimates Annual #1).
I meant someone who read Ultimates but not UXM. They can't do a self-contained story in 4 pages,... or can they?

Pandrio said:
I meant someone who read Ultimates but not UXM. They can't do a self-contained story in 4 pages,... or can they?

Oh, no I doubt it'll each will be a 4 page self-contained story, but you're right about that. I guess its just a marketing ploy, hence them saying it won't be released anywhere else, not collected in trade, etc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
But could someone explain to me how this story plays out? It takes place during Ultimates 2?

How would we know? I assume it either takes place before or during Ultimates 2, I doubt after. We'll have to see in November.

All parts:

November 2005
1. Ultimate Spider-man #86
2. Ultimate X-men #65
3. Ultimate Fantastic Four #25

December 2005
4. Ultimate Spider-man #87
5. Ultimate Spider-man #88
6. Ultimate Fantastic Four #26

... whu ...

YOU ****ING ****S. I HAVE TO PICK UP THREE ISSUES OF ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN TO GET TWELVE ****ING PAGES. I COULD HAVE HANDLED BUYING ONE ISSUE, BUT THREE? YOU ****ING CROSSOVER HACKS AND YOUR MERCHANDISING BOLLOCKS. I ****ING HATE YOU MARVEL. I ****ING HATE YOU MARK MILLAR. YOU'RE ALL BASTARDS YOU MOTHER ****ING ****-FACED **** ****S.

I'm not sure I'm going to pick up the USM issues. I'll be getting the other three because I like UXM and UF4. But I don't think I can be bothered with Ultimate Suttering Teen.

Bass said:
I'm not sure I'm going to pick up the USM issues. I'll be getting the other three because I like UXM and UF4. But I don't think I can be bothered with Ultimate Suttering Teen.
Yeah, I'm not sure I want to pick up USM just for those few pages.... :?

icemastertron said:
Yeah, I'm not sure I want to pick up USM just for those few pages.... :?

You guys should just wait for this Ultimate Vision limited series trade thing they'll eventually make.

Pandrio said:
Yeah, they'll probably include in there along with the mini (there is going to be one right).

They said something about an Ultimate Vision limited series trade, so I guess they'll end up throwing those in there.

ProjectX2 said:
They said something about an Ultimate Vision limited series trade, so I guess they'll end up throwing those in there.
Yeah, that's what I thought, but being what time it is I couldn't be sure.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll stick them in with the Ultimate Extinction TPB...

Bass said:
... whu ...

YOU ****ING ****S. I HAVE TO PICK UP THREE ISSUES OF ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN TO GET TWELVE ****ING PAGES. I COULD HAVE HANDLED BUYING ONE ISSUE, BUT THREE? YOU ****ING CROSSOVER HACKS AND YOUR MERCHANDISING BOLLOCKS. I ****ING HATE YOU MARVEL. I ****ING HATE YOU MARK MILLAR. YOU'RE ALL BASTARDS YOU MOTHER ****ING ****-FACED **** ****S.

^^^What he said.

Latest posts

Back