Ultimate X-Men#48 cover

UltimateCharlieSheen said:
I like how people always bitch about how Bendis was the worst offender of the bunch for putting an over emphasis on Wolverine. The man wrote one freakin' storyarc about the character. In fact, "Blockbuster" was the only arc that was centered around Wolverine in the Ultimate universe. And I especially love how everyone applauds Vaughan for using Wolverine sparingly instead of making him the focus of every issue. I've been re-reading my back issues for UXM (I have every issue except for #7), and Wolverine has been featured in about the same capacity in EVERY FREAKING ISSUE with the exception of the "Blockbuster" arc.

Funny how people remember things the way that they want to instead of the way they occured. :shock:

HA! That face makes me laugh every time I see it.

THIS HAS BEEN A POINTLESS RANT.

I think those complaints relate to the over exposure of Wolverine in the regular Marvel books. You can't deny he has been or was over used there (and still is, really - isn't he on like 2 or 3 of the X-teams as well as in his own book?). That is still fresh in people's minds, so when you get a hefty dose of Ultimate Wolverine it's like the icing on the cake - no matter who wrote it.

I don't think anybody in the X-men has been getting too much screen time. Just about every character has been given their moment in the spotlight. We've pretty much what makes every single one of them tick.

Yeah, well, Wolverine seems to have a secondary mutation... He can time hop and visit other titles, ignoring the continuity in them.

Oh, sorry Goodwill, I meant Ultimate Wolverine. I know what you're sayin' with 616 Wolverine. Is there even a reason he's in all the X-books?

Latest posts

Back