Ultimate X-Men #62 discussion and spoilers

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 16 66.7%

Votes: 7 29.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Vaughn writes Magneto waay better then Millar. This arc is getting better and better.

Who wants to see Scarlet witch and quicksilver v.s magneto :crazy:

slimjim said:
Vaughn writes Magneto waay better then Millar. This arc is getting better and better.

We already saw that in Ultimate War and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch both stood before him like little, whiny *****es and accepted their punishment, which was for Quicksilver getting shot in the kneecaps and for Scarlet Witch having to watch it.

slimjim said:
Vaughn writes Magneto waay better then Miller. This arc is getting better and better.
Yes, better than Millar. :D

slimjim said:
Um...I do, kind of, but not here, not now. Just wouldn't feel right at the moment, for some reason.

DIrishB said:
We already saw that in Ultimate War and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch both stood before him like little, whiny *****es and accepted their punishment, which was for Quicksilver getting shot in the kneecaps and for Scarlet Witch having to watch it.
Yeah but if they have chance this time i think they will prove there loyalty to the ultimates and try 2 stop him!

I also wanna see how Magneto reacts when he see's Colossus again. I'd be pissed. :)

DIrishB said:
oh ok...sometime in the future I'd like to possibly see this, hopefully with Quicksilver and SW both showing more balls than in their last offensive encounter.

I think that was Millar's way of writing the two of them off. With all of the scheduling errors, I would imagine he was at a bit of a disadvantage storywise and needed them involved, but in the background. Do you remember (It is difficult) when they were just going to show up in the first volume? Like, they had that cover and everything? That was supposed to come out before the first issue of Ultimate War, so things were seriously altered and Millar needed to change things so the story made sense.

Goodwill said:
I think that was Millar's way of writing the two of them off. With all of the scheduling errors, I would imagine he was at a bit of a disadvantage storywise and needed them involved, but in the background. Do you remember (It is difficult) when they were just going to show up in the first volume? Like, they had that cover and everything? That was supposed to come out before the first issue of Ultimate War, so things were seriously altered and Millar needed to change things so the story made sense.

Ummmm, sure.... ;)

Goodwill said:
That's a good way of lookin' at it Goodz. Good thinkin'

TheManWithoutFear said:
So... next one supposed to have the "other" Ultimate Universe hero. We're almost certainly talking about Spider-Man, right? Though, I do love Vaughan and his twists.

Is that supposed to be in #63, I must have forgotten, I thought it was in #64 or 65. All the better, been wondering who it would be. I assume its Spider-Man, possibly due to the Peter/Kitty relationship, but it still could be anyone. Hoping its Spidey though.

DIrishB said:
Is that supposed to be in #63, I must have forgotten, I thought it was in #64 or 65. All the better, been wondering who it would be. I assume its Spider-Man, possibly due to the Peter/Kitty relationship, but it still could be anyone. Hoping its Spidey though.
That's what I thought I read in the solicitations for #63. I'm all for it though. X-Men are on their way and Kitty's talkin' to Peter and tellin' him all about it so he comes to the Trisk to check it out. Will Vaughan take on the Fury/Spider-Man relationship?? :twisted:

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's what I thought I read in the solicitations for #63. I'm all for it though. X-Men are on their way and Kitty's talkin' to Peter and tellin' him all about it so he comes to the Trisk to check it out. Will Vaughan take on the Fury/Spider-Man relationship?? :twisted:

You were right, I just checked the thread for the Sept. solicits, and it is indeed listed as #63. As for the Fury/Spidey relationship, I would certainly hope he'd at least address it in a minor way, but you never know. All depends on if Fury and Spidey (assuming it even is him, but I think it will be) interact at all in the issue.

TheManWithoutFear said:
By the way, I don't have the issue anymore can someone give me a rundown on what the teams are and who went to New York and who went to Chicago?

Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, and Shadowcat are supposed to be looking for Alex and the other students, while Colossus, Jean, and Iceman are headed to the Triskelion as a last defense.

Angel and Dazzler are apparently stuck at the Mansion...interesting Xavier is using Nightcrawler, Shadowcat and Iceman (the Junior classmen) on this mission, as I would assume since its involving the Ultimates it will probably get pretty hairy.

DIrishB said:
Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, and Shadowcat are supposed to be looking for Alex and the other students, while Colossus, Jean, and Iceman are headed to the Triskelion as a last defense.

Angel and Dazzler are apparently stuck at the Mansion...interesting Xavier is using Nightcrawler, Shadowcat and Iceman (the Junior classmen) on this mission, as I would assume since its involving the Ultimates it will probably get pretty hairy.

Let me contradict myself. I'm all for USM showing up. But with ShadowCat going to Chicago... maybe we'll get someone else. Though, it's still very possible Spider-Man pops up and it makes a lot of room for.... ICEMAN VS. SPIDER-MAN. Knowing how Bobby's a big ***** in UXM he's definitely gonna hold a grudge against Peter. Still Kitty not being there leaves it open for someone unexpected to show up.

What about...

Chicago...

Hawk-Owl and Woody? :twisted: I know but it is their territory.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Let me contradict myself. I'm all for USM showing up. But with ShadowCat going to Chicago... maybe we'll get someone else. Though, it's still very possible Spider-Man pops up and it makes a lot of room for.... ICEMAN VS. SPIDER-MAN. Knowing how Bobby's a big ***** in UXM he's definitely gonna hold a grudge against Peter. Still Kitty not being there leaves it open for someone unexpected to show up.

What about...

Chicago...

Hawk-Owl and Woody? :twisted: I know but it is their territory.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hawk-Owl and Woody, would be cool to see them again. I'd rather see them in occasional guest-appearances than for them to just be written off and ignored as they have been since the last issue of Ultimate Adventures. At least bring them into a title and kill them off so they go out in style.

Latest posts

Back