Votes: 16 66.7%

Votes: 7 29.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
UltimateE said:
Not Ultimate Magneto, I don't think.

Agreed. We really haven't seen any sort of compassion or humanity out of the character. When Ultimate Magneto came out on the scene they really removed all human aspects and turned him into the X-Men's ultimate polar opposite fighting off directly the thing that they were working for.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Say what???
Please you MUST tell me this Quicksilver is watching Magneto? He knows about Lorna? AAAAAAH!!!!

I'm sure Quick Silver is watching Magneto because he no longer likes his dad at all. He removed the helmet so Xavier could beat him, he's the one who took the shot in the knee caps, he's the one who tried to make amends, and he was the one rejected by his father his whole life. QS has little reason to respect his father and would treat him like any inmate. For crying out lound he threatened to break Magneto's neck if he touched Polaris. Thst statement tells me that he really hates his father and is looking for a reason to get back at him for the whole shooting the knees thing.

UltimateE said:
Not Ultimate Magneto, I don't think.

Yes he is. It's all perspective. If you were a mutant, he would be your hero because he is fighting to protect you and your mutant loved ones. You are not a mutant so you percieve him to be a bad guy.

Think of Xavier as Martin Luther King, and Magneto as Malcom X. They want the same thing, but are going about it in different ways (they both want peace for mutnats). History now reveres both of them was Civil Rights heroes, even though Malcom X's ways were lauded by society at the time.

Magneto cannot be overused

As stated Magneto is the greatest enemy of the X-Men. And he is one of the most bad*** characters ever. He so deap and mysterious as it comes to what he is exactly thinking, and why he has done things in the past (i.e. why he married a human). As long as Magneto isn't used in every single (every thirty issues seems good to me) issue, he cannot be overused. Just like Doom won't ever be overused, and Hob/Greengoblin wont be overused, and so on and so fourth.

Hawkeye101 said:
Yes he is. It's all perspective. If you were a mutant, he would be your hero because he is fighting to protect you and your mutant loved ones. You are not a mutant so you percieve him to be a bad guy.

Think of Xavier as Martin Luther King, and Magneto as Malcom X. They want the same thing, but are going about it in different ways (they both want peace for mutnats). History now reveres both of them was Civil Rights heroes, even though Malcom X's ways were lauded by society at the time.

The MLK vs. MX versions are far more valid in the 616 continuity, because 616 Magneto is not looking to take over the world (not after he realized he was turning into a Hitleresque character), he just believes in Mutant Superiority.

Ultimate Magneto fantasizes about killing the Ultimates one by one and living above the ashes of the Human Race, leveling every continent on Earth in seven days. He sees himself as a God and Savior, and wants to literally slaughter every human on the planet. (Check out the last issue of "Return of the King, i'm not exaggerating, he draws out a story that has him stab an unarmed Captain America to death with knives, and crush Thor in Iron Man's Armor)

And anyways the X-Men are mutants, and they still don't support Magneto... Even people like Sunfire fighting on the street don't exactly believe in Magneto's plan.

Hawkeye101 said:
As stated Magneto is the greatest enemy of the X-Men. And he is one of the most bad*** characters ever. He so deap and mysterious as it comes to what he is exactly thinking, and why he has done things in the past (i.e. why he married a human). As long as Magneto isn't used in every single (every thirty issues seems good to me) issue, he cannot be overused. Just like Doom won't ever be overused, and Hob/Greengoblin wont be overused, and so on and so fourth.

But the problem with that argument is that they have, in fact, all been over used in the past.

I love Magneto as a character, and agree that he needs to show up every now and then. But X3 is the third consecutive film with him in it, and did you ever hear of "Eve of Destruction"? or some of the other more rediculous things with him.

I would say that if they are used well, they will always be welcome in the comics, but they NEED to move away from reusing the same Villains too much, or we'll wind up like 616 with NYC being blown away by Magneto, Doom, Osborn, and a host of others every other weekend...

They haven't been overused yet in the UU, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Hawkeye101 said:

Ultimate Magneto is closer to Hitlar.

Hawkeye101 said:
and Hob/Greengoblin wont be overused, and so on and so fourth.
Hobgoblin was overused already.

Doc, I've said it already a few times. I don't think Magneto has been overused so far and if they keep up with this pace I wouldn't consider it "overusing" him. Again, he's the X-Men's arch-enemy so he should be a reoccuring villain.

Hawkeye101 said:
Nice try, but no. Because even some mutants (X-Men for example) see him as a bad guy. It's not about WHAT you are, but what you DO that defines you as a villain (or hero, but here, villains the case).

Hawkeye101 said:
No, Not really.

Xavier wants humans AND mutants to co-exist peacefully. Magento wants mutants [ONLY] to be above the rest, the humans. Thats not the same thing.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Doc, I've said it already a few times. I don't think Magneto has been overused so far and if they keep up with this pace I wouldn't consider it "overusing" him. Again, he's the X-Men's arch-enemy so he should be a reoccuring villain.

I agree, I'm just saying he -COULD- be overused. He hasn't been yet.

icemastertron said:
It's not about WHAT you are, but what you DO that defines you

THATS FROM BATMAN!! hehe. You've been exposed, you FIEND.

Yes Xavier wants peace for humans and mutants and Magnetro just mutants, but they still both want peace for mutants, it's just Xavier would like some icing on his cake.

Hawkeye101 said:
Yes Xavier wants peace for humans and mutants and Magnetro just mutants, but they still both want peace for mutants, it's just Xavier would like some icing on his cake.

That's still two different things. Magneto wants to completely unseat the humans and sit at the top of the food chain while Xavier wants to cooperate with them. Yes, they've really got the same goal, mutant peace, but to what means?

Goodwill said:
That's still two different things. Magneto wants to completely unseat the humans and sit at the top of the food chain while Xavier wants to cooperate with them. Yes, they've really got the same goal, mutant peace, but to what means?
Exactly. I was actually contemplating this on my way back home from work just now.

Okay Jeez fine! Back to issue 62, any ides on how Mystique might be 'Ultimized'?

Hawkeye101 said:
Okay Jeez fine! Back to issue 62, any ides on how Mystique might be 'Ultimized'?
Honestly? No need to ultimize her. She's the only shape shifter the UU has got. Unless all of you are considering Loki one. I doubt Ultimates will take that road but Mystique will play a major role in UXM because of her mutant abilities yet. What's so great about it is we haven't seen her in her "true" form yet. To be honest. I hope we don't for a while.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Honestly? No need to ultimize her. She's the only shape shifter the UU has got. Unless all of you are considering Loki one. I doubt Ultimates will take that road but Mystique will play a major role in UXM because of her mutant abilities yet. What's so great about it is we haven't seen her in her "true" form yet. To be honest. I hope we don't for a while.

That's exactly what i'm sayin'. How will she look in Ultimate form. Maybe that's her ultimate gig: we don't ever see her ultimate form. We just see her morphs. And as for the only shape-shifters, what? you think the Chitauri just went through some cosmetic surgery?

Well, I'm the stick in the mud. I'm not asking for change because, as far as I know Mystique, she's a fine characater, but I'd be welcome to change. Who wouldn't be, really? Here's an oppurtunity to have Vaughan do what he does best!

Goodwill said:
Well, I'm the stick in the mud. I'm not asking for change because, as far as I know Mystique, she's a fine characater, but I'd be welcome to change. Who wouldn't be, really? Here's an oppurtunity to have Vaughan do what he does best!

Mystique should be, in her true form, a hermaphroditic trailer park resident with a mullet, goatee, and boobs. She's a mutant alright.

Hawkeye101 said:
That's exactly what i'm sayin'. How will she look in Ultimate form. Maybe that's her ultimate gig: we don't ever see her ultimate form. We just see her morphs. And as for the only shape-shifters, what? you think the Chitauri just went through some cosmetic surgery?

Well, Captain Mahr-Vell did...

(seriously)

Latest posts

Back