How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 16 66.7%

Votes: 7 29.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Vegetable-man said:
I do agree, but you have to look at it from the writers perspective..... after all, if you where writing Ultimate X-men, would'nt you won't to take a crack at Magneto...... and this is only the third arc he has been in..... other than Ultimate War..... and he IS the X-Mens greatest Enemy....

Nonsense. As a writer myself, I'd say screw working in territory that has already been covered by others. I'd much rather take them somewhere not seen yet, and into a story not done yet...at least in the Ultimate title. Perosnally, I'd rather see them doing a bit more globe hoping then sitting around the states, arm wrestling with members of the Brotherhood of Mutants. What about Alpha Flight, for example? Or, hell, the West Coast Avengers (W.C. Ultimates...?), or the Brood...or anything else. Three arcs is too much in only 62 issues - which works out to be, what, 14 arcs? Something like that.

Dr.Strangefate said:
- Who is Mystique reporting to? We know she's involved with the leadership of the current incarnation of the Brotherhood of Mutants, but where did she get her orders? Also, where was she in the last two attacks Mags unleashed on America? And how does she know about the whole Lorna situation?

- Why did Lorna, someone who until recently did not ever lose control of her powers, lose control?

- Why are they letting Magneto's son keep watch over him? And why is he so protective of Lorna? ... I mean, he does have a thing for sisters...

Well, I don't know about the first bullet point, but the second, I direct you back to the issue and the last couple of pages with Forge and Mystique. As for Quicksilver watching him: duty roster? Protective of Lorna: Let see, putting a teenaged girl into the cell of a mass murderer because there just isn't anywhere else to put her. I'd be a bit twitchy if I was the jailer too.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Forge...

I don't know how I feel about him still working with the brotherhood. I was under the impression that he was leaning towards a clear good conscience when we last saw him.

I was too, but like I said I have a feeling he'll end up doing the right thing in the end. Plus, like Mystique said, she broke him out of prison, so maybe he figures he owes the Brotherbood for that. Either way, its obvious Forge's character will eventually turn to the side of good (that sounds so hokey in terms if the Ultimate Universe, where everything is a lot more gray) and either join the X-Men (to sort of take Beast's place as the techno geek on the team, and also maybe to start a relationship with Storm as a wink to 616) or perhaps he might start working for SHIELD. Either way, he's a character I really like, despite his only appearing in one arc before this one.

Anyone else think Jeph Loeb and Joe Mad might be on UXM until Singer comes?

ProjectX2 said:
Anyone else think Jeph Loeb and Joe Mad might be on UXM until Singer comes?
God no! Let's hope not! Keep Vaughan in this book, he knows exactly what he's doing. Plus, i really don't like both Loeb and Madureira.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Forge...

I don't know how I feel about him still working with the brotherhood. I was under the impression that he was leaning towards a clear good conscience when we last saw him.

And that's no doubt noted in Vaughan's head. You know this. I just think that, since Vaughan needed a device, he wrote up Forge so it would be easier to explain. I totally buy the odd contraption being realistic now because Forge created it.

I got the impression Mystique was answering directly to Magneto. He's got this "big" plan brewing... He had to know about Lorna, so Mystique naturally knows.

Hi-Fi said:
God no! Let's hope not! Keep Vaughan in this book, he knows exactly what he's doing. Plus, i really don't like both Loeb and Madureira.

I don't really have an opinion of Loeb/Mad either way as I haven't read anything by them (at least that I can specifically remember), but I would definitly prefer to see Vaughn stay on the book. I haven't been disappointed with any of his arcs yet, and this one is shaping up to be the best of all. Plus I'm still hoping he'll address the whole Apocalypse thing later on as its been reported he might do with Singer.

Awesome issue.

We get answers and much more fun. Loved how Iceman's gonna be one of the first guys to fight when the teams come in. Awesome how we do see the factions that are coming in. The Hellions AND The Brotherhood. And its about damn time we see Doug Ramsey.

Awesome to finally get Mystique, and Forge's return. But noticed we only saw the cat during day time... :wink:

5/5. Art did seem better than before.

Pull is up (after this post).

DIrishB said:
I don't really have an opinion of Loeb/Mad either way as I haven't read anything by them (at least that I can specifically remember), but I would definitly prefer to see Vaughn stay on the book. I haven't been disappointed with any of his arcs yet, and this one is shaping up to be the best of all. Plus I'm still hoping he'll address the whole Apocalypse thing later on as its been reported he might do with Singer.

It's really strange, but the only times that i like Jeph Loeb is when he's with Tim Sale.

Plus, Vaughan just gets the characters. Every one of then(and it's a huge cast).

As for Apocalipse, i think it was reported he would play a role in Singer's run.

Goodwill said:
Does anyone else think it's a little silly to have Ramsey as a human?
I think that they only THINK he's a human. I mean, they really wouldn't think that his power is a mutant one, and probably that he's just an uber smart guy. Same for Doug.

Think about it. Would anyone really think that would be a mutant power just like that?

icemastertron said:
I think that they only THINK he's a human. I mean, they really wouldn't think that his power is a mutant one, and probably that he's just an uber smart guy.

I was wondering about that as well, can't remember if Emma's school is mutant only or not, but if it is why would a human be attending? Ehhh, either way, was loving all the X-Factor characters showing up. Wonder if we'll end up seeing Ultimate Strong Guy or if Wolfsbane will leave the carnival and join the school (hopefully not though, would probably be overdoing it--but then again, I've liked everything Vaughn's done so far, so it could work).

TheManWithoutFear said:
Aw hell yes!

And I voted for 5 stars and I never vote for 5 stars. If I think somethings really good I give it the 4 vote if it's bad I give it the 2 at least but nothing gets 5. This issue was awesome.

Wholeheartedly agree, I wish Vaughn was staying on forever. He's going to be a hard act to follow (which is probably why he's staying on to "help" Singer for the first few months).

DIrishB said:
Wholeheartedly agree, I wish Vaughn was staying on forever. He's going to be a hard act to follow (which is probably why he's staying on to "help" Singer for the first few months).
Few months? :sure:

It was said he's co-writer. Never was it said "temporary" co-writer.... :?

Latest posts

Back