Ultimate X-Men #63 Discussion (Spoilers)

Bass said:
I may just be dense here - but I don't see the connection between Syndicate and the club and Frost.

Emma Frost was part of the Hellfire club in 616. Syndicate's job is too look after the Hellfire club in the Ultimate Universe. Possibly Emma is tied in with them here too. Which means Syndicate's investigations will lead him right too her.

I think Syndacite will be left open as a loose end...

erm... actually no.

The Chess Metaphor is becoming so pronounced these days that I honestly cannot see that coming to bear fruit... And the Hellfire Club in 616 has ALWAYS run on a hierarchy based on Chess pieces...

Not to mention that for a short while, Magneto was the White King of Hellfire.

Speculation Time!

White King - Magneto
White Queen - Emma Frost
Black King - Von Strucker
Black Queen - Von Strucker

Hrm... I'd like that. It would make sense too... If Hellfire has been contributing money to Xavier from the beginning, then they must have also helped to fund the building of the Mutant Capitol in the Savage Land... Meaning they have equal ties to Xavier as they do to Lensher.

Not to mention the fact that the Lensherr family has a lucrative Oil connections in Texas... So we know that Magneto is a good deal more connected with the business heirarchy.

But I think I might prefer the Von Struckers on a lower level, so they can introduce a far more impressive character (if done correctly)... Shinobi Shaw.

Think of someone who has more experience with Shadowcat's abilities, who has been trained in Martial arts from a young age, and who has none of the Moral restraints...

They could do him really well, but I don't see any evidence of that hapenning whatsoever...

Not that I want this to happen and not sure of the likelyhood, but what if Dazzler gets bored with the "good guy" Angel and decides she likes the "bad guy" Longshot better? It would mimic their 616 romance and it would explain Vaughn including Longshot in this arc besides as a "tie-up". It would also lead to Dazzler probably leaving the team. Course this would parallel Rogue and Gambit's relationship too closely in my opinion.

DIrishB said:
Not that I want this to happen and not sure of the likelyhood, but what if Dazzler gets bored with the "good guy" Angel and decides she likes the "bad guy" Longshot better? It would mimic their 616 romance and it would explain Vaughn including Longshot in this arc besides as a "tie-up". It would also lead to Dazzler probably leaving the team. Course this would parallel Rogue and Gambit's relationship too closely in my opinion.
It's always a possibility.

I think Longshot's soul purpose is just to turn the odd's in favor of Magneto though. All depends on who tipped SHIELD off.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's always a possibility.

I think Longshot's soul purpose is just to turn the odd's in favor of Magneto though. All depends on who tipped SHIELD off.

Very true. I'm just trying to think of another way Dazzler could leave the X-Men's line-up without requiring her to be killed off. Plus Vaughan seems to change a lot of the smaller aspects of his characters, but seems to follow the original 616 storylines at least in tone and structure, so figured he might be heading in that angle.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I think Syndacite will be left open as a loose end...

erm... actually no.

The Chess Metaphor is becoming so pronounced these days that I honestly cannot see that coming to bear fruit... And the Hellfire Club in 616 has ALWAYS run on a hierarchy based on Chess pieces...

Not to mention that for a short while, Magneto was the White King of Hellfire.

Speculation Time!

White King - Magneto
White Queen - Emma Frost
Black King - Von Strucker
Black Queen - Von Strucker

Hrm... I'd like that. It would make sense too... If Hellfire has been contributing money to Xavier from the beginning, then they must have also helped to fund the building of the Mutant Capitol in the Savage Land... Meaning they have equal ties to Xavier as they do to Lensher.

Not to mention the fact that the Lensherr family has a lucrative Oil connections in Texas... So we know that Magneto is a good deal more connected with the business heirarchy.

But I think I might prefer the Von Struckers on a lower level, so they can introduce a far more impressive character (if done correctly)... Shinobi Shaw.

Think of someone who has more experience with Shadowcat's abilities, who has been trained in Martial arts from a young age, and who has none of the Moral restraints...

They could do him really well, but I don't see any evidence of that hapenning whatsoever...

That certainly would fit Vaughan's claim that this arc ties everything together...

Another thought....

Longshot takes Magneto to Genosha to stage a mutant uprising.... Magneto takes over, gets diplomatic immunity, and starts building his Utopia...

Dr.Strangefate said:
Another thought....

Longshot takes Magneto to Genosha to stage a mutant uprising.... Magneto takes over, gets diplomatic immunity, and starts building his Utopia...
Love the idea.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So I heard there's a bit in the next one where Quicksilver and Northstar both have to get to Magneto's cell as fast as they can and they're both going at high speeds trying to beat each other too it

[/ Made up Rumor]

It'd be sweet though.
Quicksilver>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>northstar

in speed that is!

slimjim said:

in speed that is!

In 616 at least...

It'd be nice if Pietro had some competition in the UU

slimjim said:

in speed that is!
More like the other way around. Quicksilver can run up to a MACH IV speed. Northstar can't outrun Quicksilver.

icemastertron said:
More like the other way around. Quicksilver can run up to a MACH IV speed. Northstar can't outrun Quicksilver.

I think that he was using ">" as the "Greater Than" sign in mathematics...

Meaning that he agreed with you.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Another thought....

Dunno if staging a coup is the best way to get absolution of your crimes against a country.

But if something were to happen that would force them to recognize Magneto's Genosha, he would not be able to be prosecuted by American Authorities...

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Latest posts

Back