Ultimate X-Men #63 Discussion (Spoilers)

Hawkeye101 said:
UFF #21 has to come after at least nightmare, because of Cap's costume.

See below:

Dr. Strangefate said:
Don't think that was chronological, just some of their random appearences.

Exactly.

Hawkeye, just like two days ago I corrected an Ultimates chronological list you posted on that exact issue, did you really think I'd forgotten?

Caduceus said:
Back on topic please. This isn't the chronology thread.

Hey, blame your fellow mod. I was only illustrating his remark:

icemastertron said:
Man, a lot can sure can happen in 6 weeks for the Ultimates! :lol:

and pointing out the list wasn't chronological, just a list of their appearances...which was directly related to this issue. So I think it still qualifies as on-topic, least moreso than speculating about the Phoenix or Thor which have nothing to do with this particular issue. Not trying to sound like a smart-***, just saying.

Ultimate Warrior said:
So any news about the missing lines? I think the last sentance is "We *missing words* show the people of this..." if someone cares.

No idea. We'll probably have to wait till the trade comes out for this issue to be addressed, as I think everyone on the site had the same problem.

I got the missing sentences from BKV's homepage:
Brian K. Vaughn said:
Very sorry about that. Odd production snafu. Here's the full exchange from Panel Two:

3) Magneto: Similarly, when you or I take "innocent" human lives, we do so to spare the blood of our fellow mutants.
4) Magneto: We do so to show the people of this planet that our kind will NOT surrender quietly to their bullets, their poison gas, their SENTINELS.

Thanks for reading, all!

Best,
BKV

So that was that. :D

Ultimate Warrior said:
I got the missing sentences from BKV's homepage:
Brian K. Vaughan said:
Very sorry about that. Odd production snafu. Here's the full exchange from Panel Two:

3) Magneto: Similarly, when you or I take "innocent" human lives, we do so to spare the blood of our fellow mutants.
4) Magneto: We do so to show the people of this planet that our kind will NOT surrender quietly to their bullets, their poison gas, their SENTINELS.

Thanks for reading, all!

Best,
BKV
So that was that. :D

Thanks for finding the missing lines. :D

Warrior saves the day - thanks!

Hopefully they fix it for the TPB.

Looking at the similarities between Son of Satan and Dazzler, anyone think that Ali might actually be a mole placed with the X Men by Fury?

We know something is going to happen to her next issue, something that will change, probably sour our opinions on her, that much was hinted at in BKVs last words on the letters page. From the phrasing, I doubt she'll die, or if she does, she'll die after doing something else significant. Or maybe, at the site of Longshot, Ali dumps War, and frees Art.

Good issue.

I would say this was probably the weakest issue next to the UXM Annual, however, it still tops a bunch of USM issues of late. I thought this issue served it's purpose of progressing the story and nothing more. The only thrilling part of the issue was the fight between the X-Men and Havok's Hellions, but that was short-lived. Damn. I'm anticipating the next issue badly now since things seem to be coming to a head. I really hope that we see some progression, though. From what the letters page said, there is going to be mass pandemonium and some surprises from Dazzler. Hmm...

I really liked Cannonball's bit and I like how he took out Wolverine. Nice. ;)

Vaughan's gonna smack us all right in the face with some turn of Dazzler's character that no one is expecting. I'm trying to think of any hints at all that would lead us to think Dazzler was a traitor or mole or whatever but I really don't see any of it. She tried to hard to get kicked out and cause problems. Who knows what will happen but I promise the delivery will be great.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I was thinking about how great Vaughan's run's been on UXM and then it hit me...

Syndicate!

Where the **** is he? Is he gonna show up?
He was actually my first guess as the 'familiar face' promised for the next issue, but since he's strictly doing black-ops work, I'm not entirely sure how he'd fit into the larger storyline.

From the Shipping Update Thread:

Ultimate X-Men #63 (JUL051859D, $2.50) will be made returnable in a future issue of Dateline, due to a misprinted panel on page 12. The panel in question will be reprinted in Ultimate X-Men #64, and the mistake will be clarified in that issue.

Was that the panel that was cut off?

Latest posts

Back