Ultimate X-Men #63 Discussion (Spoilers)

roguefan said:
LOL!

That would actually be quite a funny way for Iceman to die actually.

Anyway, anyone think the character 'near death' is going to be Dazzler? The way the guy who writes the letter page worded the piece about Dazzler, I seriously think this might happen.

I was thinking the same...and it would be a good way to cause a dramatic change in Angel's personality...perhaps leading to an Ultimate version of Apocalypse's transformation of him in 616. Give him the emotional angst, add a little "dark-side" influence courtesy of Apoc, possibly another plot-point causing him to turn his back on the team and Xavier...could be interesting, long as it isn't overdone.

icemastertron said:
Low blow? Yeah, ruin a good joke why don't you.

Speaking of ruining jokes...mine comment was meant as the same.

DIrishB said:
I was thinking the same...and it would be a good way to cause a dramatic change in Angel's personality...perhaps leading to an Ultimate version of Apocalypse's transformation of him in 616. Give him the emotional angst, add a little "dark-side" influence courtesy of Apoc, possibly another plot-point causing him to turn his back on the team and Xavier...could be interesting, long as it isn't overdone.
That'd be interesting.

DIrishB said:
Speaking of ruining jokes...mine comment was meant as the same.
And so was "ruining" post. :wink:

icemastertron said:
He's too busy picking wether he wants a purple casket or a black one.

I'd have to agree with this choice...

I beleive Vaughan said this was running during Ultimates 2.....

Dr.Strangefate said:
I'd have to agree with this choice...

I beleive Vaughan said this was running during Ultimates 2.....

It definitly is, seeing as how Black Widow has the Iron Maiden armor on in UXM #63. So it must occur AFTER Ultimates 2 #4. Currently I've placed in during the "Six Weeks Later" time jump at the beginning of #7, same place the Ultimates Annual takes place.

roguefan said:
LOL!

That would actually be quite a funny way for Iceman to die actually.

Anyway, anyone think the character 'near death' is going to be Dazzler? The way the guy who writes the letter page worded the piece about Dazzler, I seriously think this might happen.

I have strong feelings as well. Aside from the obvious hints, Angel and Dazzler's conversation has the cliche of people yapping about stuff they'll be doing in the future and all the great plans they have in store soon. Of course in the movies it always end up with that guy getting smoked. The constant focus of Dazzler, making her so darn likable and providing her with a major role in the X-Men is very reminiscent with Gwen Stacy's treatment a couple of issues before she gets killed.

Whether she lives or dies, one thing's for sure. She won't be in the X-Men for long.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
It definitly is, seeing as how Black Widow has the Iron Maiden armor on in UXM #63. So it must occur AFTER Ultimates 2 #4. Currently I've placed in during the "Six Weeks Later" time jump at the beginning of #7, same place the Ultimates Annual takes place.
Man, a lot can sure can happen in 6 weeks for the Ultimates! :lol:

icemastertron said:
Man, a lot can sure can happen in 6 weeks for the Ultimates! :lol:

Definitly. Look how much crap has happened with them in the past year:

Ultimates
Ultimate Adventures
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
USM #70
UFF #21
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Secret
Ultimate Extinction (probably)
Ultimates 2

Thats almost one major thing a month, and I didn't even include all their appearances, just the major stuff.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Or during

I doubt it. Either way, she didn't get the armor till then, so from that point on is where Magnetic North has to fall. And since apparently Thor is already jailed in the Triskelion suring the Magnetic North arc, it must occur AFTER U2 #5. So either between #5 and #6, during #6, or between #6 and #7. But likeliest place is during the big time jump during #7. See the timeline to see the most likely placement.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Who do you guys think will interact with Thor?

I'm banking on Jean and we're gonna get really sweet double revealation of both the Phoenix and Thor during their discussion.

That would be excellent, but I don't think we'll learn much of Thor in this arc (being an UXM arc and all). That would kind of steal Ultimates 2 thunder, and even Marvel's not that dumb (and Vaughan especially isn't).

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm banking on Jean and we're gonna get really sweet double revealation of both the Phoenix and Thor during their discussion.
That would be my guess, but I bet its only hinting. They're not giving anything big away about Phoenix yet, and they're sure as hell not spoiling Ultimates in UXM.

DIrishB said:
That would be excellent, but I don't think we'll learn much of Thor in this arc (being an UXM arc and all). That would kind of steal Ultimates 2 thunder, and even Marvel's not that dumb (and Vaughan especially isn't).
Yeah, I know that. I only meant hinting just something that's gonna put a smile on our faces. Vaughan isn't stupid enough to go spoiling anything but he's definitely clever enough to toss an egg at us.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, I know that. I only meant hinting just something that's gonna put a smile on our faces. Vaughan isn't stupid enough to go spoiling anything but he's definitely clever enough to toss an egg at us.

Thats true...but I think the most we'll get is something similar to that glimpse of just what Thor knows about the Universe in RoTK, when he was conversing with Jean. Like you said, and easter egg. We'll see. I have a feeling it won't be anything that cool necessarily, more along the lines of how we saw Deathstrike and Sinister in #63. Just a glimpse of Thor in his cell, conversing about something with someone. But not necessarily one of the X-Men. We'll see. I'm looking forward to it either way.

DIrishB said:
Definitly. Look how much crap has happened with them in the past year:

Ultimates
Ultimate Adventures
Ultimate War
Ultimate Six
USM #70
UFF #21
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate Secret
Ultimate Extinction (probably)
Ultimates 2

Thats almost one major thing a month, and I didn't even include all their appearances, just the major stuff.

UFF #21 has to come after at least nightmare, because of Cap's costume.

Latest posts

Back