Ultimate X-Men #66 Discussion (Spoilers)

Goodwill said:
It's just until the summer time, when Singer picks up.

We've been waiting for like three years now.

icemastertron said:
1 year and a half.

BKV was supposed to be filler for Singer, he was on for like two years.

It's really a shame that we can't have a perminant writer for this title... Look at Bendis doing his thing for 80+ issues. Where is a writer like that for the X-Men? I'd love to see someone take the title up for a good 30+ issues... Is that too much to ask?

Goodwill said:
It's really a shame that we can't have a perminant writer for this title... Look at Bendis doing his thing for 80+ issues. Where is a writer like that for the X-Men? I'd love to see someone take the title up for a good 30+ issues... Is that too much to ask?

I think I actually prefer different writers coming on every so often, so we don't get the ongoing boring crapfest Ultimate Spider-Man is becoming.

If a writer has a good idea, and need lots of issues to cover it, give that author the space he needs. Sometimes a writer needs a few more issues to fit in the oh-so-important trivial things.

It seems that one of Kirkman's biggest flaws is that he has the tendency to dwell too much on the characters than the plot during the slow parts of his story arcs. I just read Walking Dead, and it was great. Marvel Zombies is sweet too. But you could also see the parts where Kirkman forgets that he's writing a zombie book because he ends up putting too much emphasis on his characters. I'm having great faith in him though. Sure it's not exactly his best start but he's going to make up for it once the plot gets thicker.

ProjectX2 said:
I think I actually prefer different writers coming on every so often, so we don't get the ongoing boring crapfest Ultimate Spider-Man is becoming.

The way I see it is, when a writer comes on only to fill, a lot of the depth is lost. Sure, a writer can have a running idea, but the writer that will follow may not choose to take it in the same direction... Things are put off and other, perhaps more uninteresting things, take it's place. For instance, Millar finished his run with a lot of questions to be answered, but Bendis chose to do a team-up arc. Wasn't one of UXM's better arcs, let me put it lightly. If we got a writer on this title for a good amount of time, we wouldn't have the hastle of all that.

Yeah, the first two arcs that millar wrote were kick-***. Especially the return to weapon x arc. And then somewhere along the line, it's flame just started to die. I felt Bendis peed that fire out a little. Why is it everything Bendis does, someone has a problem with it. Does he not fact check or something. And as for USM, it could use some refreshingly good writing.

Latest posts

Back