Ultimate X-Men #66 Discussion (Spoilers)

Finally got this today. Was alright, not as good as BKV's issues, and Raney's art is god damn ugly during some parts. Luckily Immonen is still on some books :D

Colossus/Nightcrawler - Good plot, yet I don't want their friendship to be spoilt over Colossus sexuality. I think that Nightcrawler will realise that people judge him on how he looks, yet he shouldn't do the same to his best friend.

Rogue/Iceman - Well, at least Rogue's back. Don't like the fact her own power has gone, that is what makes Rogue herself. Her new power opens up a few possibilities for her character to be expanded on, yet I expect her absorption power to be back by the time Kirkman leaves.

Jean/Cyclops - I don't believe Jean would make Scott do things like that, yet it was a new spin on Jean, and I may think that this may be an aspect of the Phoenix.

Xavier/Lilandra - I'm thinking Lilandra may be using Xavier to get at Jean.

Storm/Wolverine - Hmmm, nice to see they're just mates and nothing more. However, the inclusion of Sabretooth makes me believe next issue will see a huge fight :(

Kitty/Spidey - Would have liked to see a bit more of this, especially seeing how good Kirkman is at writing Spidey.

Overall 3/5

I'm just saying he diverted attention from the cast unnecessarily in this issue. His appearances were in odd parts of the issue and interrupted what plot we had in this issue... It was a poorly paced issue... One of the worst I can remember, in fact. That's the real problem I have.

I like good guys with flaws, that is why I do want Nightcrawler's and Colossus' friendship to suffer (a lot), maybe even break their friendship up due to Colossus' sexuality.

This would be interesting, and it would be less preachy than the old "You have to always accept your fellow man/mutant and love them like you love your computer".

Because seriously, comic book readers don't have morals anyways, and that ain't gonna change.

Goodwill said:
I'm just saying he diverted attention from the cast unnecessarily in this issue. His appearances were in odd parts of the issue and interrupted what plot we had in this issue... It was a poorly paced issue... One of the worst I can remember, in fact. That's the real problem I have.
He barely had any attention given to himself.

It's one thing to not like attention taken away, which can be understandable to a degree, but that doesn't mean you have to hate a character without having anything to really hate him for.

roguefan said:
But Nightcrawler is blue, and is viewed as a demon. If he jeopardizes his relationship with Colossus over this, he is no better than the people who hurt him emotionally and made fun of his appearance during the years.

Exactly. Why would he be better than the people who hurt him? Just because he is a freak doesn't mean that he doesn't have any prejudices. He is insecure enough as it is, even among mutants, this could be something he is not prepared to handle.

It was poorly pace, Ice, that's all I wanted to say. A kid randomly wondering where he is really sets me off, too. What is that?

Goodwill said:
It was poorly pace, Ice, that's all I wanted to say. A kid randomly wondering where he is really sets me off, too. What is that?
That's poorly paced WRITING by the, guess who? The WRITER, not the character. Hating a character because the pacing is poor makes no sense at all. Now, we can see what you really hate, which is something that people hate, too.

Whoever said hate is rational? And who really cares about why Goodwill hates some random character?

WOW! I just picked up this issue today and yes, disappointing. I agree with a majority opinions on this board. I'm still gonna give Kirkman another chance on the next issue. If it continues to tailspin like its doing then I'm giving up the title altogether again like I did with Vaughan's writing until "Magnetic North" arc.

I have a feeling Kirkman is just filler. I don't know, there just seemed to be some very forced things going on and I wasn't really sold on the writing. The characterizations were a bit off.

WolviesWife said:
WOW! I just picked up this issue today and yes, disappointing. I agree with a majority opinions on this board. I'm still gonna give Kirkman another chance on the next issue. If it continues to tailspin like its doing then I'm giving up the title altogether again like I did with Vaughan's writing until "Magnetic North" arc.

I have a feeling Kirkman is just filler. I don't know, there just seemed to be some very forced things going on and I wasn't really sold on the writing. The characterizations were a bit off.

You gave up on BKV's run?!

Latest posts

Back