Ultimate X-Men #66 Discussion (Spoilers)

Bass said:
It's not so much that Beast MUST be brought back from the dead. It's just I thought it was a damn fine way to bring Beast back. It's a way that is set up in the Ultimate universe as opposed to say, Beast not being the real Beast, but an imposter who was pretending to be his twin-brother pretending to Beast.

EXACTLY.

I just had a great idea, I remeber someone saying Xavier is actually Apocalypse manipulating people, and how Syndicate and Angel are on his "Black Ops" team which actaully is the horseman, what if Xavier faked Beast's death to put him on the black ops team?... Actually thats stupid

Ive been reading the graphic novels (but stopped for a while cuz the library doesnt have all of them.) I wanted to get back into UXM cuz i got into buying USM, so i buy both now. this was the first issue I bought, it felt like a primetime tv show. all the scene changes and stuff, it was all set up though for the next issue. Is it me or did they solicit Kitty saying that spiderman knew how to show a girl a good time in the previews? cuz thats one panel, and thats her exact words! This issue had so much sex in it it was like an orgy. not complaining but with that the only plot in this issue. sex sells. The cover felt empty and i think it would have been more fitting for the next story arc instead. so lilandra is part of a cult? interesting, im not sure what it does for her character though, I cant tell if it makes me feel more synpathetic or less for her. we'll see whats up.sounds sketchy so far. over all the issue felt kind of rushed. I could follow it but it wasnt much to follow. The colossus/nightcrawler sidestory seems to be progressing most slowly, there was only about two pages worth. The kitty/spidey plotline is over in the pages of USM and I really like it. Overall id give this issue a B-, its clearly about character, but the development is a bit...slow.

batdog said:
Ive been reading the graphic novels (but stopped for a while cuz the library doesnt have all of them.) I wanted to get back into UXM cuz i got into buying USM, so i buy both now. this was the first issue I bought, it felt like a primetime tv show. all the scene changes and stuff, it was all set up though for the next issue. Is it me or did they solicit Kitty saying that spiderman knew how to show a girl a good time in the previews? cuz thats one panel, and thats her exact words! This issue had so much sex in it it was like an orgy. not complaining but with that the only plot in this issue. sex sells. The cover felt empty and i think it would have been more fitting for the next story arc instead. so lilandra is part of a cult? interesting, im not sure what it does for her character though, I cant tell if it makes me feel more synpathetic or less for her. we'll see whats up.sounds sketchy so far. over all the issue felt kind of rushed. I could follow it but it wasnt much to follow. The colossus/nightcrawler sidestory seems to be progressing most slowly, there was only about two pages worth. The kitty/spidey plotline is over in the pages of USM and I really like it. Overall id give this issue a B-, its clearly about character, but the development is a bit...slow.
Welcome.

God, I hate this issue.

This has to be worse than Bendis' run on the title. I was all hyped because Kirkman is doing a good job with his other titles, then when I finally read this... blech.

I think it actually might have been better if the art didn't suck so bad. Man, I miss Immonen. People complain that Immonen makes men look like females, but at least he doesn't make people look like animals like Raney does!

When was Iceman a giraffe? A llama? What the **** is going on?

Doc Comics said:
Bass, I once owned a dog that was smarter then you.

(Your comeback...)

Bass, the correct comeback is :

"He must have taught you everything you know."

I'm sure you knew, but we must strive to protect the classics. Heroes that can hold their breath for ten minutes are few and far in between these days.

Last edited:
I hated the art for the proteus saga. That **** annoyed the hell outta me. Cyclops looked like a funhouse mirror image. WHo did that artwork? I want to shoot him.

J. Agamemnon said:
I hated the art for the proteus saga. That **** annoyed the hell outta me. Cyclops looked like a funhouse mirror image. WHo did that artwork? I want to shoot him.

Carlos Bachalo, otherwise known as, "He Who Does Bad Art And Rapes Cats."

ProjectX2 said:
Carlos Bachalo, otherwise known as, "He Who Does Bad Art And Rapes Cats."
Not to be confused with Rob Liefeld, who is otherwise known as "He Who Does Not Know Human Anatomy And Rapes Children."

I think this issue was used to set things up for the approaching Phoenix saga... The thing that killed it was the introduction of the new character... I don't know who he is, but I think I hate him.

Goodwill said:
The thing that killed it was the introduction of the new character... I don't know who he is, but I think I hate him.
You don't know who he is, what he can do, or anything else about him...yet you "hate him".

Yeah...that makes no sense. :?

Goodwill said:
Since he's shrowded and mystery and has no business with the X-Men, he shouldn't have been in the title.
How do you know that?!

He just got introduced (somewhat). We don't know his story. You're judging TOO early, and unfairly.

That's been done SO many times; it's nothing new. But now it's bad? WTF?!

Yeah Goodwill, I don't like the girl in issue 5, panel 6, because I hate her.

Latest posts

Back