Ultimate X-Men #73 (Discussion/spoilers)

Ok just read it.

Meh-City.

The Raney cannot draw action scenes. I've seen it before and I see it again now. And for a person with such amazing powers such as DOING WHATEVER HE WANTS...why is he only doing the lamest **** possible?

I hope the smack down of the next issue can redeem the lack of cool use of cool powers here. I mean how can it not? Pheonix vs Magician. It should be awesome. But Raney's drawing and Kirkman's lack of cool use of powers thus far (except for the Friends of Humanity and spliting the atom) I don't know man.

It's been a LOOONNNNGGGG time in coming and now that it's here. I'm only glad it's time to see Magician get killed.

And why would Prof X not allow the Ultimates to come in here. He saw what Proteus did in World Tour. Call in The Ultimates, call in Spider-Man, call in The Fantastic Four! Call in everyone! Tell Reed Richards you need a nueral disrupter band 5 minutes ago! Quicksliver could run it up to him. Scarlett Witch could turn him into stone! Call in the big guns Xavier!

Again it's Meh-City and in a month I'll finally see Magician die. I hope he dies if the Ultimate Universe is such a universe that Beast could die and Magician live....then it's such an unfair universe indeed!

God I hope Cable goes better than these last eight issues.

Foolsfolly said:
The Raney cannot draw action scenes. I've seen it before and I see it again now. And for a person with such amazing powers such as DOING WHATEVER HE WANTS...why is he only doing the lamest **** possible?

Because he's not a villain and doesn't really have evil intentions. Sure, he *could* obliterate them, but he has no interest in doing so. He wants to be in the X-Men, not destroy them.

Also, because of this, he's probably completely floored by their reaction to him, even though he may be causing it.

(I agree about Raney though)

Victor Von Doom said:
C'mon E.....just say it one time. Just say "this is bollocks".

I don't think it is though. I'm enjoying it.

The art though....it's bollocks. :D

I thought it was really good. Like a 4 good.

What wasnt too like about this? The Magicians on his way out and his purpose throughout is making more sense.

I cant wait to see Pheonix vs. Magician. I hope Jean just kills him. And everyones like

--He was an innocent kid Jean -- and that should bring fourth the even more diabolical intentions of Pheonix.

Cyclops was cool this issue too.

The Dazzler tease was fun and a good lead in to the annual. At least I think it will be.

4/5

E said:
I don't think it is though. I'm enjoying it.

The art though....it's bollocks. :D

*cries* you've made me so happy. All of you, for saying bollocks. I love british slang.

I know this is just going to end by Jean kicking his *** and either him being destroyed by the Phoenix, in which case Jean the feel enormous guilt, or he flees and Fury *****es about having another major threat in the world. The Magician was an interesting enough idea for a character. He's just too crazy to stick around.

One thing I have a complaint about was how they just attacked the magician without a real plan. He's easily stronger than all of them put together and to attack and hope they get a lucky shot? Xavier is a more methodical person than that.

E said:
Because he's not a villain and doesn't really have evil intentions. Sure, he *could* obliterate them, but he has no interest in doing so. He wants to be in the X-Men, not destroy them.

Also, because of this, he's probably completely floored by their reaction to him, even though he may be causing it.

(I agree about Raney though)

Sorry E man. But unless this is just a set up for Jeanie to kill him and look bad...that works.

If not. He's such a ***** villain. A real villain wanting to be an X-Man would realize at this point the X-Men are against him and it's time to kill them and create fake ones wherever he goes to show like they're still around.

Also I so called that he was making Kitty say those things last issue. I said it either here or at Kirkman's pad. Eitherway I totally called it!

Back to point. If he's some sad Syndrome character wanting to be like his heroes/idols but is instead killed by a raging Pheonix just to show that Jean's losing control...what a LOOONNNGGG set up for one page of action.

Plus she lost control in the Blockbuster arc with the helicopters. And again in Pheonix? arc. We KNOW she's losing control.

Now play up Xavier saying he loves Jean and keep working the Nightcrawler/Colossus relationship. (Two of the better things to come out of these last eight issues)

And as bad as Raney is...Oliver seems worst to me and he's up next to handle Cable.

Foolsfolly said:
But unless this is just a set up for Jeanie to kill him and look bad...

Very well could be. That's better than making a cosmic thing of it and having her eat a solar system.

I agree with you Foolsfolly. As I've said before, there HAS to be more to the Magician than what we know... Even to this point. He may just be a fan boy in the end... But I doubt... Actually, honestly, I hoping there's more to it than that or we've invested our time in something anti-climatic.

Oh this story screams anti-climatic.

How could Boggs hold up against a God of Destruction? (or whatever the hell Pheonix is cosmic, God, whatever).

UNLESS he goes Mastermind on them and creates a false self to take the abuse as he runs.

That means a p*ssed Boggs will join the Brotherhood and make for a better villain. Nothing like being booted out of your idols' little club to make you bitter enough to join the competators!

That's a worthy ending because Brotherhood with Magician would be a MIGHTY FORCE to battle later. But just killing Magician...meh Pheonix is out of control oh no!

Eitherway I'm tired of Magician as is. Nine issues is pushing it way too much.

Foolsfolly said:
Oh this story screams anti-climatic.

At least give it a chance to finish!

Foolsfolly said:
How could Boggs hold up against a God of Destruction? (or whatever the hell Pheonix is cosmic, God, whatever).

Magician has basically the same powers as 616 Scarlet Witch. We don't know if it's on the same scale, but it's there - he does. Is the Phoenix force more powerful? Sure - but it's not invincible. If he can rewrite reality it sure seems that if he can catch Phoenix offguard he could take her out if needed.

Latest posts

Back