Ultimate X-Men #73 (Discussion/spoilers)

I knew the two had aspirations to do Superman, but I thought they were both Marvel exclusive until the end of 2008. I think I just read that here, though.

It was decent overall. The best issue he wrote yet.

The art seems good in some spots and horrid in others.

At least the Magician is better than Geldoff or Syndicate. But that's not saying much.

Geldoff will one day return, and you will all despair. The magician just seems kind of annoying. Though I suppose that's the point. I can't wait for Wolverine to stab him in the face.

I think Syndicate is more promising then the others.

But the best orginal Ultimate character is Kong from Ultimate Spidey.

Foolsfolly said:
I think Syndicate is more promising then the others.

But the best orginal Ultimate character is Kong from Ultimate Spidey.

I agree with both statements. Anybody wonder that Kong is based off of Bendis himself?

Ya know something Mightly One...that's a great frickin point! I never thought of that...but they do look alike.

Interesting...sounds like something to ask Bendis himself...

It's been asked before... a lot of times on his boards. He sort've suggests that it's a big possibility but doesn't admit it.

Off topic.

I think as a character Magician's story is pretty cool and therefore makes the story a good one. Can't wait to see him bite it though.

Goodwill said:
I think you're right - the Magician's story just ran for far too long.

That's not what I said or meant. The story will end in like an issue. I don't think that's a long run at all.

Cmon. People ***** about Bendis ultimizing villains and leaving them within 2 issues. This is how villains or characters should work. Stick them around for a while and flesh them out. I like the fact that Magician is a mutant who forced himself onto the X-Men team. It's a needed story because let's face it. If we were mutants and knew the X-Men existed, I think some of us would hop on that train too. It's a good story. The fact that you all hate the character just goes to show how well done it is.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's not what I said or meant. The story will end in like an issue. I don't think that's a long run at all.

Cmon. People ***** about Bendis ultimizing villains and leaving them within 2 issues. This is how villains or characters should work. Stick them around for a while and flesh them out. I like the fact that Magician is a mutant who forced himself onto the X-Men team. It's a needed story because let's face it. If we were mutants and knew the X-Men existed, I think some of us would hop on that train too. It's a good story. The fact that you all hate the character just goes to show how well done it is.

You have a point there. The reason for him being there is well done......but the story and character are just dumb.

You've never read my posts then. :lol:

Anyways.....the idea that the X-Men could have stalkerish mutants out there still intrigues me.

Back