Ultimate X-Men #75 Discussion (Spoilers)

I'm gonna go back and read this again. I'm not pickin up any of it. Obviosuly if he's from the future he knows who the X-Men is. No **** about that. But on a personal level I don't see any of what you're talking about.

Cable puts a dampener on Jean and knocks her out and says "Sorry, Jean - you'll be out just long enough for me to finish the job. You're not going to understand... but this has to be done." After that he just stares at the unconscious Jean until he gets distracted by Colossus. Definite history there.

Last edited:
Cable puts a dampener on Jean and knocks her out and says "Sorry, Jean - you'll be out just long enough for me to finish the job. You're not going to understand... but this has to be done." After that he just stares at the unconscious Jean until he gets distracted by Colossus. Definite history there.
Eh. Not necessarily. He could know all about them, hence what MWF is saying. With him knowing their ins and outs and what not, so...

Ok i jusr re-read the issue and i have to point something out. Cable didnt have the scar from the begining he got it when wolverine attacked him right then and there just before he revealed his own par of claws.

No im pretty sure im right.

I'd just like to say one thing:

40408_8.jpg

Raise your hand if you can remember Fantomex's origin story from New X-Men, a couple of years ago.

Grown from a test-tube, in the present, using "accelerated time", to make him age quicker, within the confines of an artificially-generated virtual World. (Apparently, Mike Carey, I think, is using a similar plot device in a current 616 X-Men storyline... Am not 100% sure, since I've temporarily stopped following the 'mainstream' Marvel books, until Civil War ends.)

I suspect that this may be the same thing we're seeing here with Cable. He may well have been genertially bred from Wolvie's tissue sample, but he's not a *clone* per se (which explains the height difference). And he may only *believe* he's from the Future, because that's what WeaponX has brainwashed him into believing.

I'm not saying it's the greatest storyline -- or even the most likely or plausible one -- but it's one more theory to add to the mix.

perhaps he gave up his healing factor so he could have claws? remember 616 cable pretty much gave up his powers to stop the virus from killing him. so maybe this cable has gone on without a healing factor because 30 years ago he was infected with a virus. and do we know what bishop looks like? cus i kinda like the SHIELD theory and I'm gonna say Bishop is future Fury or his son.

oh, and i REALLY would like to see Ultimate Sunfire. His costume from X-men legends 2 was kick ***. If they bring as some enemy like a horseman of apoc i'd be ok with that.

When he said he had gone without a healing factor for 30 years, I thought it was because he was preparing himself to fight Wolverine. So he had the healing factor, he just didn't use it, or something.

I finally got the actual issue itself and read the Academy of Tommorrow story. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some of the Academy students visiting the X-men in coming arcs.

Sorry if this was already brought up, but...

Ultimate Wolverine is 5'9", but Ultimate Cyclops is 6' and Ultimate Cable looks much larger.

I have an idea... Ultimate Cable is a de-powered Ultimate Sabretooth, who's 6'5".
I don't exactly keep up to date with the X-Men (616 or ultimate), but I heard that Ultimate Sabretooth got an adamantium skeleton and claws of his own.
Ultimate Sabretooth, in the near future, loses his powers but keeps the adamantium skeleton and claws. His ferel behavior is a downside to his mutation, which also disappears with his powers.

My theory would also explain those claw marks on Ultimate Cable's face.
Xavier already subtley controls the X-Men through mental persuasion... maybe Xavier snaps in the future (ultimate apocalypse? ultimate onslaught?) and Sabretooth has to help stop him. Sabreooth then loses his powers either before or while fighting a mentally-controlled Wolverine and gets those scars on his face.

And really, I think they just want us to think it's Wolverine... then it really isn't. A classic twist.

Maybe, just maybe, a crazed Xavier (apocalypse? onslaught?) causes a retaliation by the humans that causes all/most mutants to lose their powers in the near future.

Last edited:
Sabretooth only had adamantium claws put into him. He wasn't born with claws.

And he also lost them.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was already brought up, but...

Ultimate Wolverine is 5'9", but Ultimate Cyclops is 6' and Ultimate Cable looks much larger.

I have an idea... Ultimate Cable is a de-powered Ultimate Sabretooth, who's 6'5".
I don't exactly keep up to date with the X-Men (616 or ultimate), but I heard that Ultimate Sabretooth got an adamantium skeleton and claws of his own.
Ultimate Sabretooth, in the near future, loses his powers but keeps the adamantium skeleton and claws. His ferel behavior is a downside to his mutation, which also disappears with his powers.

My theory would also explain those claw marks on Ultimate Cable's face.
Xavier already subtley controls the X-Men through mental persuasion... maybe Xavier snaps in the future (ultimate apocalypse? ultimate onslaught?) and Sabretooth has to help stop him. Sabreooth then loses his powers either before or while fighting a mentally-controlled Wolverine and gets those scars on his face.

And really, I think they just want us to think it's Wolverine... then it really isn't. A classic twist.

Maybe, just maybe, a crazed Xavier (apocalypse? onslaught?) causes a retaliation by the humans that causes all/most mutants to lose their powers in the near future.
That is a real interesting theory. Ultimate Sabretooth has FOUR claws on each hand but I guess that he can keep one of them hidden.
Sabretooth only had adamantium claws put into him. He wasn't born with claws.

And he also lost them.
He did? I must have missed that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back