Ultimate X-Men #75 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
First Cyclops gives Jean a present but Jean feels too depressed and guilty to take it.

Xavier comes home after spending a night out with Lilandra. Quicksilver appears with a gift from Nick Fury. Xavier and Fury talk via computer and Nick tells him to persuade Jean to wear it incase she ever gets out of control.

Kitty's bummed about something.

Xavier calls for Jean. When she arrives Xavier asks about wearing the bracelet... Jean's reponse isn't revealed.

Wolverine and Storm are fighting the liberator's in the danger room. There's a definite sexually tense moment in there between them.

Kitty looks for Xavier.

Xavier probes Nightcrawler's mind. He's thinking about killing WeaponX soldiers but one of them was Dazzler. Xavier steps in and Kurt yells at him to leave. Xavier goes on about how he's going to help Nightcrawler as he lays in the bed unconscious.

Enter Cable very abruptly and neutralizes Xavier via a power dampener. He's about to kill Xavier when Kitty comes to the rescue and phases Cable through the floor into the hanger.

He neutralizes kitty by sticking another rod like dampener. Cable tells her not to pull it out of she'll bleed to death. Jean comes in and calls for the X-Men to assemble. One by one Cable takes them out with gadgets and tactical methods.

Then it's down to him and Wolverine where it's revealed Cable has claws too.

2.5/5

I have faith this will pick up but I felt the introduction was pretty lame. Cable's basically another soldier who can stop anything that's thrown at him with some ridiculous slime thing or power dampening tech. I liked how right before Cable showed up Xavier was acting very unsinister like and wanted to help Kurt. The first part with Cyclops and Jean was interesting too. Like someone said maybe Scott is proposing... But Jean's been acting way too Emo lately. Hope this picks up. And I hope to God Cable isn't Wolverine's offspring. I thought the fact he doesn't have a healing factor and how he "waited thirty years" was pretty badass though.

Academy of Tomorrow Story.

Basically starts with Doug Ramsey held hostage and flashes back to tell the story.

Doug feels like he's being left out of everything because he's not a mutant. And he pretty much is. He talks to Emma about it. Hacks into Havoks computer and finds out what they're doing.

Havok, Cannonball, and Sunspot go out at night and act like vigilantes. Doug follows them and gets caught putting his life in danger.

Polaris and Emma save them via Polaris useing her powers to take the guns away.

Havok explains to Emma that he's only doing this to train in real life scenerios. Emma tells him he can transfer if he doesn't like her methods. The three think Doug ratted on them further isolating him.

2.5/5

Big deal.

Well if he's here to kill Charles, I don't think he'll be Wolverine's offspring.

If he's here to get Jean....maybe.

If he's here to kill Wolverine, that would be a grandfather's paradox, kill his father before he's born and you kill yourself. Unless Cable's already born, anyway I think it's a moot point since Kirkman said he's not related to anyone.

I wonder if he's here to get Charles because Charles might restart Weapon X. I mean he DOES have Syndicate doing something new, and then bam here's Cable.

If not Weapon X, than something. I don't know my issue will be in through the mail sometime this week.

2.5 that's it? Oh well, it's just the first issue it can pick up.

And I hope to God Cable isn't Wolverine's offspring. I thought the fact he doesn't have a healing factor and how he "waited thirty years" was pretty badass though.
I thought it was pretty clear Cable is Wolverine, not his kid. Probably from an alternate timeline (and I can barely keep from throwing up as I type that) where he lost his powers. That's why he "went thirty years without a healing factor", it would also explain how he got old instead of staying young forever. Hell, he even said bub. Or all that could be a red herring.

I thought it was ok. I'm interested in where this is going.

3.5/5 - The highest I've given a Kirkman issue yet.

Last edited:
I haven't read this issue yet... But it seems like Cable has a lot of gadgets... Could these claws be a set of gagdets, too?

The plot thickens. I hope my copy comes in tomorrow. It's happened before...and once it was a month over due...I got the next issue before I got my issue....damn snail mail.

A depowered Wolverine...it's definitely a twist if it is true.

OMG!

It's Wolverine's Clone! Remember the tissue sample Sabretooth took!

It just dawned on me, it's definately possible. Just as much as Alternate Ultimate Wolverine and Wolverine's son. Maybe more so since the clone sub-plot was started by Kirkman in Date Night.

I thought it was pretty clear Cable is Wolverine, not his kid. Probably from an alternate timeline (and I can barely keep from throwing up as I type that) where he lost his powers. That's why he "went thirty years without a healing factor", it would also explain how he got old instead of staying young forever. Hell, he even said bub. Or all that could be a red herring.
You better be wrong.

If Cable is Wolverine or related to Wolverine. . .I'm dropping Ultimate X-men. Simple as that.

...Cable is Wolverine. It was so freakin' obvious I'm surprised there's even discussion of the matter. The son idea is ridiculous. But the clone idea? Love it, love it! That's brilliant, Foolsfolly. *_*

What I'm more concerned about is Xavier. He'll have sex with Lilandra but refuses to say he's his girlfriend? Daaaamn! XD Of course, it may be revealed they were doing something immoral and Future-Logan-Coming-Back-In-Time-Worthy, but maybe not. Maybe Cable's here to stop something Xavier did to Nightcrawler?

Okay, Lynx, it seems you'll be dropping UXM. Have fun.

Woot, Scott obviously about to propose to Jean. Seems a bit early, but I very much doubt they'll go through with it.

Rogue's outburst is repetitive and stuff we've all seen before, but it's a bit justified considering she just got her zappy powers back and no more horny boy/man-in-girl's-body sex.

Ha! It seems Magician's mind wipe of Kitty wasn't that successful if you ask me. I knew it all along! The look on Kitty's face from last issue and her vagueness of what's troubling her can not be coincidence.

Also. It takes place after Ultimates 2. Logan and Storm fight the Liberators in the Danger Room. At first I thought we were actually seeing them in Washington since I couldn't find a "In the Danger Room" bubble... XD

I quite liked it, I think it's the best one from my week. I'm really interested in where this goes. 4/5.

The Academy of Tomorrow back-up I liked because it makes Alex, Sam, and Roberto seem like utter dicks. Although Sam seems less enthusiastic about their misdeeds and insults than the other two. I like how Roberto is the most blunt and racial. I don't know whether I was thinking Doug should have died or not when I was reading it; maybe I was thinking a bit of both. I wonder how much trouble Alex and co. will get in? I wouldn't really want to see them at Xavier's, since they really don't seem like they would fit with the X-group. Although conflict is almost always nice... 3.5/5.

Last edited:
I wasn't thrilled by this issue. Cable with claws was kind of stupid. It makes me think he is Wolverine. If so, my bet is Wolverines healing factor was taken away at the same time he lost his arm. Either way it was a let down. I really thought Kirkman could make Cable look cool, but he was just kind of bland.

Cable, after ripping open Logan's chest with his claws: "I don't pop the cloaws for just anyone. I've gone thirty years without a healing factor to make me btter than you could ever hope to be. It's over, bub."

Next issue preview: "Wolverine versus... himself?!?"

Use those brain cells, people!

The "make me better than you" line makes me think this really is Logan's clone. Whee! ^^ Better than femme-Wolverine, anyway. Hopefully if he is Logan's clone, he'll be refered to X-23 in some form, though.

Cable, after ripping open Logan's chest with his claws: "I don't pop the cloaws for just anyone. I've gone thirty years without a healing factor to make me btter than you could ever hope to be. It's over, bub."

Next issue preview: "Wolverine versus... himself?!?"

Use those brain cells, people!

The "make me better than you" line makes me think this really is Logan's clone. Whee! ^^ Better than femme-Wolverine, anyway. Hopefully if he is Logan's clone, he'll be refered to X-23 in some form, though.
The use of pronouns could be intentional so that Wolverine doesn't figure out who this guy is. Would it have been better if he had said, "make me beter than I was when I was you?"

Latest posts

Back