Ultimate X-Men Annual #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 6 14.0%

Votes: 19 44.2%

Votes: 12 27.9%

Votes: 3 7.0%

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
TyphoiDCAT said:
My comic shop was sold out and I really want to read it.

This is just so...sad.

It's like that movie with that guy and that woman who do that thing that is very sad...

Sorry. Pulling a twentyfour hour shift. Getting punchy early.

i liked this, i only collect x-men in hardcover and i'm a few behind so some of the references threw me off. but over all liked this and do to magic being mentioned i think i'll go and find the magic in UU thread and give it a quick jiggle.

Last edited:
Ultimates said:
Havent read this issue yet, sounds pretty good. To be honest though, I LOVED gambit in the reg. 616 universe, but I couldnt stand him in the Ultimates....glad to see he was offed...maybe they will bring him back, cool...

Yeah, apparently you're not the only one with beef with Gambit. Millar didn't like him, Bendis thought he was useless, and Vaughan kills him... That's not saying a whole freakin' lot about what the UU writers think of the character. He's cool!!

Goodwill said:
Yeah, apparently you're not the only one with beef with Gambit. Millar didn't like him, Bendis thought he was useless, and Vaughan kills him... That's not saying a whole freakin' lot about what the UU writers think of the character. He's cool!!
Exactly. He's only useless if you just leave him "useless", and don't try to do something with him.

There's a movie coming out called Gambit and it's about a thief.

Random fact of the day.

TyphoiDCAT said:
My comic shop was sold out and I really want to read it.

Its not as bad as some are making it out to be, I thought it was pretty decent. Actually, I think most people just dislike the Gambit character, because he's so cliched. But getting past that, this was a nice story, and definitly helped to further the character development of Rogue. Though if I remember correctly, in the solicits for this issue it said the events would "change the status quo of the X-Men forever", and I'm not seeing that. Oh well.

Was there any indication what happened to Juggs after the building collapses on him? I figure he's just knocked unconscious, but can't say for sure.

I liked the UXM Annual, but not as much as the USM one. Also liked the references to Fenris, the UFF, Spidey and Kitty's relationship and the Ultimate Six. You can really see that Vaughn likes to always get elements from other writers' stories to reinforce his own and to establish a more solid continuity for his.

Also liked the focus with Ultimate Juggernaut, I always felt Millar underused him in the Weapon X arc. He did just disappear after the prison scene, and although he supposedly participated in Return of the King, he's absent and was only mentioned by name.

Oh well

I'll look Saturday for it but can anyone scan it for my reading purposes or at least the last page. Maybe the change it Rogue now has Gambit. With her in the X-Men. Thanks in advance guys.

Never mind

Last edited:
I have to wait till my next pay day to get this friggin issue :( dammit gisborne road trip taking all my money!!!!!!! It was fun though. Wooohooo getting this on Tuesday next week. Looking forward to it. My neck hurts

cmdrjanjalani said:
Was there any indication what happened to Juggs after the building collapses on him? I figure he's just knocked unconscious, but can't say for sure. .

Yeah, this was what I was wondering... Hopefully, SHIELD just collected him up again so that we can see him again some time. I really hope the next writer that picks him up drops the Rogue obsession.

cmdrjanjalani said:
I liked the UXM Annual, but not as much as the USM one. Also liked the references to Fenris, the UFF, Spidey and Kitty's relationship and the Ultimate Six. You can really see that Vaughn likes to always get elements from other writers' stories to reinforce his own and to establish a more solid continuity for his. .

Vaughan's always been good at this... It's the biggest reason why I'd hate to see him go.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Also liked the focus with Ultimate Juggernaut, I always felt Millar underused him in the Weapon X arc. He did just disappear after the prison scene, and although he supposedly participated in Return of the King, he's absent and was only mentioned by name.

Juggernaut was captured by the Ultimates in Ultimate War #1, which is why he wasn't seen in Return of the King. He was seen briefly even then, which really proves that Millar didn't use him to his strength.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, this was what I was wondering... Hopefully, SHIELD just collected him up again so that we can see him again some time. I really hope the next writer that picks him up drops the Rogue obsession.

Vaughan's always been good at this... It's the biggest reason why I'd hate to see him go.

Juggernaut was captured by the Ultimates in Ultimate War #1, which is why he wasn't seen in Return of the King. He was seen briefly even then, which really proves that Millar didn't use him to his strength.

Juggernaut definitly is still alive. He's apparently very tough, so I don't see the building falling on him as lethal. Which is also why I wasn't very fond of Gambit using this to try and kill him (and himself). Just didn't make much sense. Stuid Cajun.

My idea is that Rogue now has no reason to stay away from the x-men and needs the prof.s help for her new powers.
Also, am i the ONLY one who noticed that Gambit also touched the gem, and if it has the same powers as 616 universe than Gambit and Juggernaut are invulnerable.

Just some speculation.

Latest posts

Back